NYPD Cop in Chokehold Death Loses Gun, Badge

Chokehold was too tight. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Police departments don't use these for a reason-- it could lead to all kinds of lawsuits.

too tight? you don't know that.

since he was an obese... he probably died from his poor health in that excited situation that led to heart attack. again - we don't know if it was the result of chokehold or his poor health.

That's called murder. You don't get it again and again. If the cops shoot the unarmed person, it's murder.

actually no. you're thinking in the context of running away but that's not the only case where a cop shoots unarmed person.

Not everyone won the cases, even settlements as well. It will be waste of your tax money too.

The bet is only for kids so time to discuss like real adult.

tax money? settlements are typically paid out from insurance.

too tight? you don't know that.

since he was an obese... he probably died from his poor health in that excited situation that led to heart attack. again - we don't know if it was the result of chokehold or his poor health.

You have a valid point there. It may or may not be negligent homicide; that's for the medical examier to determine. Even then, the use of a chokehold in the NYPD is strictly prohibited, and for the reason I already stated earlier.

Yes, it is VERY RISKY for anyone to resist the arrest and the probability for death from resist the arrest is much higher, or serious injury.
No No No, if you resist arrest, they aren't allowed to kill you legally. He was fatally chokehold. I suggest that you watch the video again. Wow, the black guy's fat neck was fu*king chokehold too deep by the cop's muscular arms. In other words, the cop who did was out of control. He is a sick man.

You have a valid point there. It may or may not be negligent homicide; that's for the medical examier to determine. Even then, the use of a chokehold in the NYPD is strictly prohibited, and for the reason I already stated earlier.

we don't know if it was a chokehold or not. by definition - chokehold is when you're locking a person in the neck with arms in order to choke him. in the video - it does appear to be a chokehold but did the officer choke him?

what if the officer was just trying to bring him down by using chokehold but not actually choking him? :hmm: officers do this all the time. it's to bring a person down to the ground by using your arm to his neck. it's an aikido move.

No No No, if you resist arrest, they aren't allowed to kill you legally. He was fatally chokehold. I suggest that you watch the video again. Wow, the black guy's fat neck was fu*king chokehold too deep by the cop's muscular arms. In other words, the cop who did was out of control. He is a sick man.

Good luck with your life if you want to resist the arrest and you could get additional charge for resist the arrest, even make easier for LEO to convince the court to find guilty because you are attempting to run away.

No No No, if you resist arrest, they aren't allowed to kill you legally.
yes officer can do that.

He was fatally chokehold.
you don't know that. what we do know that he was a fat man with poor health and he had a heart attack. triggered by what? we don't know that yet.

I suggest that you watch the video again.
I suggest that you wait and see what medical examiner says.

Wow, the black guy's fat neck was fu*king chokehold too deep by the cop's muscular arms. In other words, the cop who did was out of control. He is a sick man.
incorrect. all I see was a suspect aggressively resisting arrest that led to officers aggressively arresting him.

OK, first of all, if you are a cop, would you chokehold an old person or a fat person? Wouldn't you know that they might have health problems? Wouldn't it be a part of your job to know those shits?

Good luck with your life if you want to resist the arrest and you could get additional charge for resist the arrest, even make easier for LEO to convince the court to find guilty because you are attempting to run away.

resisting arrest and running away are 2 different charges.

OK, first of all, if you are a cop, would you chokehold an old person or a fat person?
If I were a cop - I would use any means of methods to arrest a person as permitted by police department guidelines.

Wouldn't you know that they might have health problems? Wouldn't it be a part of your job to know those shits?
that's not my problem. and no that's not part of officer's job to know it. how are they supposed to know every single person's health?

it's very simple - do not resist.

we don't know if it was a chokehold or not. by definition - chokehold is when you're locking a person in the neck with arms in order to choke him. in the video - it does appear to be a chokehold but did the officer choke him?

what if the officer was just trying to bring him down by using chokehold but not actually choking him? :hmm: officers do this all the time. it's to bring a person down to the ground by using your arm to his neck. it's an aikido move.

That's a very reasonable assumption. I have seen that done before, but it's only used when necessary. However, there's still a lot of unanswered questions, though. Let's wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.

In few years ago, Jiro strongly advise everyone to not resist the arrest.

I took his strong message because resist the arrest is very risky and more trouble.

That's a very reasonable assumption. I have seen that done before, but it's only used when necessary. However, there's still a lot of unanswered questions, though. Let's wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.

bingo. a very prudent course of action right now. I think everything hinges on medical examiner's finding for cause of death.

If I were a cop - I would use any means of methods to arrest a person as permitted by police department guidelines.

that's not my problem. and no that's not part of officer's job to know it. how are they supposed to know every single person's health?

it's very simple - do not resist.
Use your fu*king eyes. He was so fat and fat people have health problems. No excuse for pigs not knowing about those issues. What happens if a fat person runs? Out of breath, right? Cops don't know? NYC will pay because of video evidence that showed excessive force.

If the cops were not there, he would still live.

Use your fu*king eyes.
your eyes see what you want to see and mine sees it differently. you're seeing it as a pig hater. I'm seeing it as unbiased observer.

He was so fat and fat people have health problems. No excuse for them not knowing about those issues. What happens if a fat person runs? Out of breath, right? Cops don't know? NYC will pay because of video evidence that showed excessive force.
so what was officer supposed to do then?

If the cops were not there, he would still live.
if he was a drug dealer, do you still want cops to leave him alone cuz he's fat and may have health problems?

your eyes see what you want to see and mine sees it differently. you're seeing it as a pig hater. I'm seeing it as unbiased observer.

so what was officer supposed to do then?

if he was a drug dealer, do you still want cops to leave him alone cuz he's fat and may have health problems?

lol.

That where city or police department have own insurance?

of course! NYC is not stupid. they have liability insurance for this kind of things.

Back