NY and WH discriminate against blind people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who practice covert racism always spend a great deal of time telling everyone that they have black friends, and admire this black person or that black person. It is a well know red flag for spotting covert racis,.:cool2:

Those who practice covert racism always spend a great deal of time telling everyone that they have black friends, and admire this black person or that black person. It is a well know red flag for spotting covert racis,.:cool2:

OMG...I have a black husband and tell people that I love him. Does that mean I am a covert racist? :giggle:

What, in your opinion, is the most appropriate way for a non-racist to prove his non-racism when accused of racism?

OMG...I have a black husband and tell people that I love him. Does that mean I am a covert racist? :giggle:

:laugh2: No, you married him, and telling people that he is black isn't the first words out of your mouth when you mention him. As a matter of fact, we had talked about your husband a lot, and I didn't even realize he was black until I saw a pic of Nathan and realized he was biracial.:giggle: You don't make a point of telling people that you have a black husband, or black friends, or whatever. Your attitude is, "This is my husband. I love him. Oh, BTW, he happens to be black.":giggle:

What, in your opinion, is the most appropriate way for a non-racist to prove his non-racism when accused of racism?

People who don't engage in racism don't feel the need to prove that they don't.

I am saying that there is a correlation between more conservative attitudes in other areas and the racist attitudes. I have the empircal evidence to support my statement. Do you have the same to support yours?

I think the research you have is wrong (or you looked at it that make it seem like that when there are other things to consider)

no, it means we are not in our little circle of white people... There are people who really think we avoid them like a plague.

I think the research you have is wrong (or you looked at it that make it seem like that when there are other things to consider)

Like I said, why bother with facts when you can ignore them? Believe what you will.

Marry a black person!!! :lol:

Bad joke.. I had a friend who kept talking about her black friends and roommates..she would say stuff like "My roommate who is black went out last night" or "My friends who are black love to dance at this club." Makes me wonder why the contant emphasis on their skin color? My hubby asked me why she never refers her white friends as "My friend who is white..." and so on. He doesnt trust her and feels uncomfortable around her.

please, don't be spreading lies that aren't true.

Bad joke.. I had a friend who kept talking about her black friends and roommates..she would say stuff like "My roommate who is black went out last night" or "My friends who are black love to dance at this club." Makes me wonder why the contant emphasis on their skin color? My hubby asked me why she never refers her white friends as "My friend who is white..." and so on. He doesnt trust her and feels uncomfortable around her.

:laugh2:

Yep, your friend is a good illustration of covert racism.

And the Repubs own theirs. OWN UP!!

Historically to the near present, Republicans never even came close to what Democrats did to blacks...over and over and over. The party who won't apologize. And has never apologized once.

From Wayne Perryman, a black inner city minister in Seattle:

“Most of my adult life I have voted for, and worked with a number of Democratic candidates at the local level. In 1996, I served as a member of the Washington State Black Clergy to Re-elect President Bill Clinton and worked closely with the co-chair. After President Clinton was re-elected, I was challenged by a group of young people from our church regarding the history of the Democratic Party and their relationship with blacks. Their challenge prompted me to devote a considerable amount of time researching the subject.”

“My research included reviewing Congressional Records from 1860 to present, reading the works of several renowned history professors (both black and white) and looking at the Democratic Platform from the early 1800’s to 1954. In addition to these documents I reviewed the research of those who produced the books: Without Sanctuary, 100 Years of Lynchings and added to my library the History Channel’s series on The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow and Reconstruction: The Second Civil War. Excerpts from those books and film documentaries were included as exhibits in my Reparations lawsuit against the Democratic Party.”

“The graphic depictions of whites fighting over the private parts of black men (penises, fingers, ears) after hanging them and igniting them with kerosene, is forever embedded in my mind. I can still hear the cries of the victims’ wives and children pleading and begging for the lives of their loved ones while Democratic national and local elected officials joined the crowd and cheered. The lynching of Mary Turner, the nine-month pregnant mother was even more horrific and graphic. All of these events took place under the banner of “States Rights” in regions controlled by Democratic governors, mayors, judges, sheriffs, Congressmen and U.S. Senators. Like Dr King, my parents lived through those times in Atlanta and I never fully appreciated what they and other blacks went through until I had completed my research.”

“In addition to lynchings and terrorist attacks by the Democrat’s terrorist organizations (as revealed in the 1871 Senate hearings), Democrats legislated Black Codes, Jim Crow laws and a multitude of other repressive legislation at the federal and state levels (and repealed other key pieces of Civil Rights legislation) all in an effort to deny blacks their rights as citizens. The entire system of racism in America was meticulously thought-out and carried-out by a powerful political machine. And that political machine according to Historians, was the Democratic Party - the party of “White Supremacy.”

“Based on these findings, I sent the April 5, 2004 letter to the D[emocratic] N[ational] C[ommittee] requesting that they issue an apology to African Americans. In 2005, I sent a second letter to the DNC, again requesting an apology. When the DNC ignored these requests, I filed my first lawsuit on December 10, 2005.”

Perryman maintained that his demand for an apology mirrors a demand made by the members of the Congressional Black Caucus in a letter to former African-American Republican Congressman JC Watts on January 28, 1999. In that letter the Caucus told Mr. Watts and his GOP counterparts that they must “clearly and publicly distance themselves from the CCC and any other white supremacist, anti-Semitic or hate groups’.”

The Seattle minister continued, “In my letter to the DNC, I expressed similar sentiments. I told the DNC ‘An apology is one of the only ways modern-day Democrats can distance themselves from the party’s racist past while bringing some closure to the African American Community.” Instead of apologizing, Howard Dean hired one of the most powerful law-firms in the country, to defend the party’s racist past.”

Without an apology and repentance there is no way the Democratic Party can ever sincerely honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Ms Rosa Parks; two individuals who literally gave their lives to destroy the racist programs, policies and practices that were established by the Democratic Party. And without an apology and repentance there is no way the Democratic Party can ever respect African Americans. Their past programs and practices from slavery through Jim Crow which literally destroyed the lives of millions of blacks, was an act of mass murder. And to hire an attorney to defend that racist past is not only an official endorsement of murder - it is an insult to the entire black race and to those whites who gave their lives to eliminate racial injustice.”

National Democratic officials have called the lawsuit ridiculous, citing the Democratic Party’s defense of African-American issues. Eager Republicans have begun to circulate Perryman’s charges against their opposition, emphasizing GOP relationships with the black community.

Until 1939, Republicans won the majority of enfranchised black votes. Starting with Franklin Roosevelt and ending with Richard Nixon’s Southern Strategy as former Dixiecrats joined the GOP, African-Americans turned overwhelmingly into the Democratic camp.

Perryman, who has switched his party affiliation to Independent, contended in his recent book, “Unfounded Loyalty: An In-depth Look Into the Love Affair Between Blacks and the Democrats,” that Republicans have less to apologize for than Democrats, outlining events which occurred from 1792 through 2002 which he contends show patterns of bias and racism from the Democrats. One interesting point, the clergyman makes deals with the currently controversial discussion of reparations for slavery.

One of the proofs he cites in his case is that Republicans, in 1866, introduced a Senate bill for reparations but Democratic President Andrew Johnson vetoed it. “We would have had reparations if it weren’t for the Democrats,” Perryman told journalist Adeeba Folami. He also asserts that it was in Democratic controlled states where blacks were doused in kerosene, set on fire and lynched, many times while their homes were simultaneously being burned to the ground. All the while, Democratic mayors, judges and other elected officials joined in and cheered the activities along or looked the other way.

“You never found anywhere or [in] any public record where the Democratic Party ever apologized,” the former Democrat said, adding that he believes last year’s Resolution 39, the government’s official apology for lynching, was inspired by his lawsuit as it was introduced by a Democratic, southern senator on the same day the DNP was to have responded to his lawsuit in federal court. The author views that effort as one aimed at circumventing his case, however, the irony, he said, was in the fact that it was Republicans who congressional records show were introducing anti-lynching laws in the 1870s, laws that were never passed or supported by Democrats.

Articles Blog Archive Black Minister Seeks Racism Apology from Democratic Party

I dare you go up to Wayne Perryman's face and say that the Democrat Party has no reason to apologize for their party's past up to the present (for not apologizing quickly enough). I see that there are big advocates of people NOT for apologizing their party's obvious and blatant racist past.

please, don't be spreading lies that aren't true.

:confused:

I just asked my hubby about what Jillio said he said that most people who are like that are a little racist inside in some ways but not always. He said he would have to get to know the person first before passing judgement on each one of them but he does admit that it is uncomfortable being around people who put so much emphasis on the skin color of people.

Remind me of how people treat me...

Oh... I got a deaf friend....
He's deaf... say hi everyone. (Whatever happen to "this is Dave, and he is deaf"?)
Oh, my deaf friend told me that...

Weeee...

Just as I thought. Still trying to justify instead of owning up.:roll: Typical.

Historically has no bearing on today. If you have to reach that far back, it is obvious that you don't have a foundation for your arguments.:cool2:

Yes, but it's hurtful to be accused of being something you are not.

How would you like it If I accused you of being sexist because you don't like Sarah Palin?

Remind me of how people treat me...

Oh... I got a deaf friend....
He's deaf... say hi everyone. (Whatever happen to "this is Dave, and he is deaf"?)
Oh, my deaf friend told me that...

Weeee...

Yea, I admit I do that about hearing people sometimes. I think everyone need to stop doing that with the labels anyway.

Hmm... interesting theory. Because I think you hold racist attitudes. The fact that you keep attributing racist motives against people who have made no mention of race indicates to me that you are a racist. After all, why would you keep bringing up skin color if you weren't a racist?*

Response?

* This is just for the sake of argument. I don't actually mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back