Nurse refuses 21-day quarantine

Probably a waste of community resources. Just let the press follow her around and save the police for more important stuff.

That would take having common sense and there seen to be a short supply of that today.

She will sue the U.S Government for millions. She claims her consitutional rights were violated and they treated her like a criminal. You watch,,She will hire an trial lawyer and become an millionaire nurse.

It must be the way we Mainers think,(she's from Maine). I totally agree with her thinking and would do the same thing if I were in her shoes. She is self monitoring and that is all that has to be done in this situation. STOP with the panicking everyone and go on with your lives.

I saw on the news that people are calling up a restaurant to see if the nurse been there to eat b/c they do not want to go there too.

She will sue the U.S Government for millions. She claims her consitutional rights were violated and they treated her like a criminal. You watch,,She will hire an trial lawyer and become an millionaire nurse.
If it's found that she has Ebola two weeks later, how can she sue the state government while she refuses 21-day quarantine (U.S. government has nothing to do with this)? Since she came back home from West Africa on Oct 24th, yes, she's a higher risk for 21 days. Ebola can show up in her body three weeks later. That's what happened in West Africa.

she is a nruse for heavens sake!!! she knows how bad it can get. If she is defiant with a deadly disease then how does she perform at her job? falsify records? lets patients cheat? break protocols ? smh.

I agree with reba -- can we trust her to use the right judgement if she relizes she might be infected? she becomes a flight risk.

what crackes me up is (saw on the news) bunch of a dozen of sort press following around (very close to her) while she riding her bicycle.....
it just stupid , WHAT IF she really has an Ebola in incubation ? surely they'd catch it, IF it is MORE contagious than the US Govt, Medical Elites might admit.....

wow, stupid people all around!!

put it this way.....

if that *risk* is VERY real Im sure the press wouldnt stupidly run alongside her THAT close....if they had any sense, they'd be 20M away and using telescopic lens or rather lens with strong optical zoom , 'cannon lens' big ass ones you know that dwarfs their big fancy Canon 5D cameras or similar....

put it this way.....

if that *risk* is VERY real Im sure the press wouldnt stupidly run alongside her THAT close....if they had any sense, they'd be 20M away and using telescopic lens or rather lens with strong optical zoom , 'cannon lens' big ass ones you know that dwarfs their big fancy Canon 5D cameras or similar....

That why I suddenly though ahh Fox news it like Daily Mail if you ever get to read it you know what I mean

put it this way.....

The state already orders her to keep away from people about 3 feet when she goes out. Yet the press follows her around (to make money, of course). The cop also follows her by order of the state to protect her from people who may want to hurt her.

what crackes me up is (saw on the news) bunch of a dozen of sort press following around (very close to her) while she riding her bicycle.....
it just stupid , WHAT IF she really has an Ebola in incubation ? surely they'd catch it, IF it is MORE contagious than the US Govt, Medical Elites might admit.....

wow, stupid people all around!!

LOL! I saw that too and I was thinking WTF ! A news reporter was running after her while she was on her bike and I was thinking the same as you.

The state already orders her to keep away from people about 3 feet when she goes out. Yet the press follows her around (to make money, of course). The cop also follows her by order of the state to protect her from people who may want to hurt her.

bet cop pissed off.....She not going to help herself get job or miss popularity nurse of the year..she may though make ton of money with tv interviews when it over do something really altruistic donate money and her blood for vaccine,somehow I don't think so...makes you wonder if press and her got something going on

wow, crazy! like IF they hurt her, she'd bleed and possibility the virus goes to be far mroe easily spreadable , even airborne ( I, DON'T believe 'it's not an airbourne" its just a ploy to keep ppl calm - thats just me thinks)

STUPID people again !! wow x 10...WOW!!:eek3::eek3::roll:

It's reported that yesterday (last Friday) the judge ruled in favor of the nurse so she can go anywhere she wants to. However she must check with public health officials daily and let them know where she's going. It will be over soon anyway (Nov 10th was supposed to be the last day of 21-day quarantine).

It's reported that yesterday (last Friday) the judge ruled in favor of the nurse so she can go anywhere she wants to. However she must check with public health officials daily and let them know where she's going. It will be over soon anyway (Nov 10th was supposed to be the last day of 21-day quarantine).

Back to Africa do some nursing

That's remind me of HIV scare in 1980s.

Maybe I've missed it, but has there been this much mis-informed talk on AD about the doctor in NY who was not quarantined but was self-monitoring himself and when he developed the fever immediately went to the hospital? If not, why not. Because the nurse is a woman? Because she knew the routine (to self monitor) and refused to be subjected to unnecessary quarantine?

I see no reason she needs to be quarantined because others are misinformed about the contagiousness of ebola.

If everyone who goes over to help in Africa is subjected to this, then people will stop going over to help. Is that what Americans want?

Maybe I've missed it, but has there been this much mis-informed talk on AD about the doctor in NY who was not quarantined but was self-monitoring himself and when he developed the fever immediately went to the hospital? If not, why not. Because the nurse is a woman? Because she knew the routine (to self monitor) and refused to be subjected to unnecessary quarantine?

I see no reason she needs to be quarantined because others are misinformed about the contagiousness of ebola.

If everyone who goes over to help in Africa is subjected to this, then people will stop going over to help. Is that what Americans want?

we Americans want responsibility and accountability. people who want to go to help people in Africa should know fully well that they will be exposed to bunch of a dangerous diseases and that they should accept responsibility for their decisions by quarantining themselves before coming back home.

this is not some feel-good humanitarian missions where they post selfies in FB about them helping some poor people in Africa. this is a real deal.

if they are not willing to accept responsibility and sacrifice.... then we know they're not in for real deal. people who really want to help them would accept it without questions.

I agree, this whole episode has been ridiculous with misinformation and is rather irritating.

So glad the judge ruled in her favor, so everyone, just move along, nothing to see here!!:lol:

Back