Nucleus Freedom with Batteries

Pinky

Reaction score
For CI with nucleus freedom user only please.

I have question for y'all. I have 2 packs of batteries left. My audiologist was provide me to order the cochlear company to buy batteries. The insurance can pay me back. Is that right? In case if my cochlear implant batteries run out. Can I use the hearing aid 675 batteries on CI? I just wonder.

I checked the google shopping. 10 packs for $43.90. And Cochlear company's 10 packs for $42.00. Which it's cheaper than google's shopping. Do I should join to cochlear community on website? How many days of shipping? is that free shipping or cost?

Thank you! :)

For CI with nucleus freedom user only please.

I have question for y'all. I have 2 packs of batteries left. My audiologist was provide me to order the cochlear company to buy batteries. The insurance can pay me back. Is that right? In case if my cochlear implant batteries run out. Can I use the hearing aid 675 batteries on CI? I just wonder.

I checked the google shopping. 10 packs for $43.90. And Cochlear company's 10 packs for $42.00. Which it's cheaper than google's shopping. Do I should join to cochlear community on website? How many days of shipping? is that free shipping or cost?

Thank you! :)

To answer your first question, you can use HA 675 in a emergency but they won't last very long. HA batteries are definitely not CI batteries.

As for using the 'net, I prefer to get the Zenipower batteries from Microbatteries (I believe it advertises on AD). They are the cheapest anywhere with 50 packs (300 batteries) for about $120 or so and shipping is minimal. I actually get better life out of these over the PowerOnes.

U can use 675's but they are not suitable for CIs due to short battery usage! However can be used in an emergency, perhaps get few until your CI batteries comes through.

I now have the rechargeables and found them very useful, One battery lived for 2 full waking hours of 12 hours on 900hz speed at 25/30db (i was told one day/14 hours) My centre is trying to get everyone to use rechargeables for one year to see if they prove to be cost effective. I have spare cages and 3 boxes of disposables for travelling (they know i cannot go with out).

I love the idea of using the battery recharger for our hearing aids' batteries. I will have to find one at a store.

It would be not a good idea for you to buy many packages of batteries depending on the expiration dates. Actually, my battery package stated that it will be expired in 2012. That's two more years to go.

But, the recharger would be great because it would be reduced at the dump. Many dead regular batteries probably would be sent out to China which isn't a good idea.

I love the idea of using the battery recharger for our hearing aids' batteries. I will have to find one at a store.

It would be not a good idea for you to buy many packages of batteries depending on the expiration dates. Actually, my battery package stated that it will be expired in 2012. That's two more years to go.

But, the recharger would be great because it would be reduced at the dump. Many dead regular batteries probably would be sent out to China which isn't a good idea.

I have two recharger batteries for CI. But the audiologist forget to order the pink one. Ugh! I checked my CI's battery pack. The expired is in April 2012. It's still good! I got my first CI last July until now. I have 10 packs of batteries. It's running out more than hearing aids' batteries.

You said the batteries made from China. It's incorrect. I checked the CI's pack made in Germany. I refused throw the dead batteries away in trash bin. My all dead batteries is in save store for recycles. That what the battery's pack on back said do not throw in the trash bin. Please recycles the batteries.

You know the nucleus freedom with sound processor have 3 batteries in spare cage. It's easy to run out by 3 to 4 days. My last time was 5 days longer. The CI and HA are not the same.

I have two recharger batteries for CI. But the audiologist forget to order the pink one. Ugh! I checked my CI's battery pack. The expired is in April 2012. It's still good! I got my first CI last July until now. I have 10 packs of batteries. It's running out more than hearing aids' batteries.

You said the batteries made from China. It's incorrect. I checked the CI's pack made in Germany. I refused throw the dead batteries away in trash bin. My all dead batteries is in save store for recycles. That what the battery's pack on back said do not throw in the trash bin. Please recycles the batteries.

You know the nucleus freedom with sound processor have 3 batteries in spare cage. It's easy to run out by 3 to 4 days. My last time was 5 days longer. The CI and HA are not the same.

Wow!

I just went to microbattery to place an order for their cochlear zenipower batteries today, and was disappointed to see that here: ZeniPower Cochlear Batteries BEST DEAL it says its $115.95 for 300 batteries, but when you go to check out, it bumps up the price to $139.53.

I sent microbattery.com an email asking them to please clarify - I'm not going to order them from there if they're going to show different prices, when I can get them for $119.75 from hearing-aid-batteries-co.com

I just went to microbattery to place an order for their cochlear zenipower batteries today, and was disappointed to see that here: ZeniPower Cochlear Batteries BEST DEAL it says its $115.95 for 300 batteries, but when you go to check out, it bumps up the price to $139.53.

I sent microbattery.com an email asking them to please clarify - I'm not going to order them from there if they're going to show different prices, when I can get them for $119.75 from hearing-aid-batteries-co.com

Umm...I didn't have that trouble before. Interesting.

It does pay to shop around.

It turns out they had an OLD Canadian-US exchange rate set up, and it wasn't up to date. They updated the exchange, and notified me via my account and it was $122 so I went ahead and ordered :)

In the US. No.
I already asked my insurance about it.
BUT Cochlear Freedom usually provide a free year supplies of batteries.

I strongly suggest to make sure they provide a rechargeable battery for you. I have one (I have a cochlear Freedom processor even though I have have older version implant) and it is so much easier on my budget.

btw, why aren't you looking into the newer version of cochlear? Nucleus 5 processor or something like that. edited, never mind, I thought you were looking into getting an implant for some strange reasons.

btw, I found that cochlear website batteries are cheaper and last longer.

oh and why don't you use sticker to decorate your rechargable battery.

If you are turning up the volume, it will waste your batteries. It means you need a new mapping especially if you want to save batteries.

If you are turning up the volume, it will waste your batteries. It means you need a new mapping especially if you want to save batteries.

I don't use the high volume on P3. I already get my new mapping last Sept 22.

In the US. No.
I already asked my insurance about it.
BUT Cochlear Freedom usually provide a free year supplies of batteries.

I strongly suggest to make sure they provide a rechargeable battery for you. I have one (I have a cochlear Freedom processor even though I have have older version implant) and it is so much easier on my budget.

I have two black rechargeable batteries. The another audiologist forgot to order pink one. Grrr!!! Because I have one black bte and one pink bte. I don't need the two black. I need one black and one pink.

btw, why aren't you looking into the newer version of cochlear? Nucleus 5 processor or something like that. edited, never mind, I thought you were looking into getting an implant for some strange reasons.

I don't have Nucleus 5 yet. I am using Nucleus Freedom now.

you can ask audi to put same mapping in black bte to use it until you buy more CI batteries from cochlear store or microbattery websites or audi order it for you?

you can ask audi to put same mapping in black bte to use it until you buy more CI batteries from cochlear store or microbattery websites or audi order it for you?

She said I have to order it myself. I didn't understand why. I need to find the website for Microbattery.

I have two black rechargeable batteries. The another audiologist forgot to order pink one. Grrr!!! Because I have one black bte and one pink bte. I don't need the two black. I need one black and one pink.

Does it matter what colour it is it will work for either BTE.

Back