No more biased sources! PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you determine if a news source is truly biased?

Hint: You can't.

And the so-called "liberal media" is owned by conservatives.

I think it's hard to do that. Also, I think biased sources can help us point out feelings that we share that we cannot put into words.

I think it's hard to do that. Also, I think biased sources can help us point out feelings that we share that we cannot put into words.

Probably so yet if too much biased sources one use, it might be not healthful to debate on sometimes.

BBC got caught with series of anti-American articles. You can find so many anti-American articles that they published in Google.

I check BBC website everyday as long as the articles are about EU, UK politics, and science & technology only. Anti-American articles? I skip them, period. Also I read some UK newspapers sites about the same subjects that I check on BBC website.

I respectfully disagree that BBC World article is an anti-american because there're plenty of good/bad articles around the world including East Middle, UK, EU etc, politics including US election and also use Factcheck on both sides, not just America.

I laugh at people who look at unfavorable press about the US as "anti-American".

There's nothing more anti-American than the folks at the rally for McCain/Palin. There's nothing more anti-American than someone smashing in a window at DNC headquarters in Denver. There's nothing more anti-American than a politician like John McCain or Sarah Palin, who resort to nasty tricks to win.

Haha, Liza, on second thought, maybe a sock to the solar plexus is sometimes beneficial, after all.

:shock: This coming from you, Tousi! I suppose that's true now and then. :lol:
Biased sources or not, at least people gotta retain some sense of dignity and respect eh?

:shock: This coming from you, Tousi! I suppose that's true now and then. :lol:
Biased sources or not, at least people gotta retain some sense of dignity and respect eh?

Yeah, we gotta really try and bend over backwards to respect but sometimes it is difficult for some of us.

I laugh at people who look at unfavorable press about the US as "anti-American".

There's nothing more anti-American than the folks at the rally for McCain/Palin. There's nothing more anti-American than someone smashing in a window at DNC headquarters in Denver. There's nothing more anti-American than a politician like John McCain or Sarah Palin, who resort to nasty tricks to win.

Care to elaborate your logic about your argument?

I respectfully disagree that BBC World article is an anti-american because there're plenty of good/bad articles around the world including East Middle, UK, EU etc, politics including US election and also use Factcheck on both sides, not just America.

You can say whatever you want to but there is already proof that the BBC admittedly did anti-American articles. It is not hard to find them and several BBC journalists such as Justin Webb featured anti-American bias.

I have NO idea about no more biased news, who cares...

Media is media, that it.

You can say whatever you want to but there is already proof that the BBC admittedly did anti-American articles. It is not hard to find them and several BBC journalists such as Justin Webb featured anti-American bias.

Who cares? Again, just because the BBC doesn't fellate Americans, doesn't mean that they're anti-American.

Who cares? Again, just because the BBC doesn't fellate Americans, doesn't mean that they're anti-American.

The Yanks do not need BBC to fellate them because the BBC already admitted anti-American bias. In addition, they had every chance to balance their news articles by following the ethics of journalism. Guess what? They blew it out of the window!

In the past, I had held a great deal of respect for the BBC until they started running anti-American articles which completely turned me off.

What's more is I do not read news from my country's state broadcaster, Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC) because many of their reporters and commentators are too liberal. They are worse than the American liberal journalists. A few weeks ago, the CBC News executive finally acknowledged that there was lack of balanced coverage after at least one reporter was under investigation by their ombudsman for violating their codes or rules of journalism. I only read their business, consumer, local and technology news because they tend to be less biased.

I still fail to see your point. In fact, I don't think you even have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back