No more biased sources! PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleMan

Reaction score
Please everyone. I'm all for being an educated voter, but if you are trying to say you are an informed voter, and then post a link from CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, Huffington Post, New York Times, CBC, and the list gets longer, or even BBC, you are not informed. All the sources I just listed, and many more have blatant bias to either left or in the case of FoxNews, leans right. If you truly want to make an informed decision, then you will read the info from non-biased sources. If you're not sure if the source is non-biased, than look for another that seems non-biased in which to compare with. If you don't know if your sources are non-biased, than post on these boards asking if others know that source and asking if it is biased.

Factcheck.org has been lauded on these boards by me and firstly by a couple others, and to me they seem neutral, and there are some other sites. I would believe something from there before I believed anything from either CNN or FoxNews.

I can only express, that if you are trying to get a point across or say 'so-and-so candidate believes this' then you need a neutral source and if I see CNN or MSNBC (same if it's a link from FoxNews), I probly won't even bother reading the link because I know they're full of it, and have they're own agenda, and I hope everyone else understands this fact and reacts the same. I have seen way to many 'proof' posts with links for and article from CNN or god forbid, Huffington Post, and that is no proof at all, only misinformation or outright lies at the expense of American citizens, and they threaten us all.

Are you saying that MSNBC and World BBC, I alway read is misleading and biased?

I do not beleive that both online newspapers are misleading and biased. MSNBC do have both McCain's news and Obama's news...

Could you please provide the source to support your claim here?

FactCheck and Snope.com confirmed the rumor several weeks later.

I have only read some links posted from BBC but they seemed to me just the same as info from CNN, so I believe they have the same liberal bias. However, MSNBC is well known to be liberal just like CNN, I'm sure others here can reinforce this. I can look up reference if I have to later, but it's almost 5am here right now and I'm dead tired and should be in bed already.

:P

*curious* which online newspaper, you trust to read, SimpleMan?

Please everyone. I'm all for being an educated voter, but if you are trying to say you are an informed voter, and then post a link from CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, Huffington Post, New York Times, CBC, and the list gets longer, or even BBC, you are not informed. All the sources I just listed, and many more have blatant bias to either left or in the case of FoxNews, leans right. If you truly want to make an informed decision, then you will read the info from non-biased sources. If you're not sure if the source is non-biased, than look for another that seems non-biased in which to compare with. If you don't know if your sources are non-biased, than post on these boards asking if others know that source and asking if it is biased.

Factcheck.org has been lauded on these boards by me and firstly by a couple others, and to me they seem neutral, and there are some other sites. I would believe something from there before I believed anything from either CNN or FoxNews.

I can only express, that if you are trying to get a point across or say 'so-and-so candidate believes this' then you need a neutral source and if I see CNN or MSNBC (same if it's a link from FoxNews), I probly won't even bother reading the link because I know they're full of it, and have they're own agenda, and I hope everyone else understands this fact and reacts the same. I have seen way to many 'proof' posts with links for and article from CNN or god forbid, Huffington Post, and that is no proof at all, only misinformation or outright lies at the expense of American citizens, and they threaten us all.

Then why is it that you did not bother to use factcheck.org before posting misleading statements about campaign contributions that came from an obviously biased source?

It could be the reporter who put on to against someone and make them look bad. Put on the personal against is terrible idea.

There is hardly for us to know they're full of BS.

There is good example, J. Jonah Jameson have put against on Spider-Man by put his own source on his own newspaper to make Spider-Man look bad. That's why people end up against on him. Tsk tsk

Anyone need to vote the issues of everything. That's why it's vital that your vote is 100% percent your decide on which candidate you feel agree with these issues in the best interest for our (US) country.

It is impossible not to be biased. Everyone is in some way. To avoid it, you would have to completely disregard all sources as the writers and reporters have their own feelings too.

Then you would be completely uninformed.

It is impossible not to be biased. Everyone is in some way. To avoid it, you would have to completely disregard all sources as the writers and reporters have their own feelings too.

Then you would be completely uninformed.

Good point, Botti; so, then, we all should look at/read up on what all perspectives provide?

Good point, Botti; so, then, we all should look at/read up on what all perspectives provide?

If you care enough and want to be completely informed. But your own bias would still affect your perception of what you read.

If you care enough and want to be completely informed. But your own bias would still affect your perception of what you read.

Hmmmmm,.......not sure about that. I've been known to change my mind.

Simpleman: In the end it is the responsibility of each individual to discern any information no matter where it comes from.

Last edited:
Haha, Liza, on second thought, maybe a sock to the solar plexus is sometimes beneficial, after all.

I do not read the articles which are anti-American or extremely biased toward either conservatives or liberals.

BBC got caught with series of anti-American articles. You can find so many anti-American articles that they published in Google.

I check BBC website everyday as long as the articles are about EU, UK politics, and science & technology only. Anti-American articles? I skip them, period. Also I read some UK newspapers sites about the same subjects that I check on BBC website.

I check Drudge Report every day because he tends to balance his choices of news on his website.

How can you determine if a news source is truly biased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back