no longer christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

indie

Reaction score
In school now my teachers are not saying christmas. I guess that they are not allowed to or something. I think that it is really stupid. This is not to offend but I think that this stuff is getting out of hand. Its no longer christmas break, its winter break and same with easter, its said spring break now.

Really? Mind me asks you where you re from? :):):)

Yeah, its sad, since american tradition been fading. Can't say merry christmas, bec offend other religions. Aclu killing it. And other religions complaints. Even many have misunderstood christmas thinking its christian's holiday itself, which it isn't. Tho christians bringing the idea christmas for remembering Christ was born. Even suing companies and mall by using "merry christmas", bec perferring "happy holdiay". Like respect other nation, not respect american traditions. Its sad and decaying. Even christmas is about giving and also love.

If, I was in school... I would dare to say " Merry Christmas ". I don't care if, they suspend or expell me for sayin' it. It's MY rights to speech. My freedom of speech for Christ.

Really? Mind me asks you where you re from? :):):)
sorry all I can tell you is that im on the east coast. but either way I think that it is pretty bad that it has gotten this far. Soon they will be bringing up the whole thing with the star spangled banner again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it won't happen to my children's school....I will still say " Merry Christmas "...

Thought its from out of USA but I see its on East coast.. Umm Oh well My daughter s school has decor Christmas there!

Well, all USA decor christmas tree. Many complaint by using the word christmas tree, rather call holiday tree, x-mas can be use, but can't use christmas and also discussing changing the words we wish you a happy holiday and a happy new year instead of we wish u a merry christmas, bec its offensive to other religion. There's so much they are trying to find a way to destroy American's traditions.

Like I said in the Walmart issue thread, I think it is so ridiculous that so many companies and even schools now are so afraid to say "Merry Xmas or Merry Christmas." Is it cuz the other religions feel left out or what?

Like I said in the Walmart issue thread, I think it is so ridiculous that so many companies and even schools now are so afraid to say "Merry Xmas or Merry Christmas." Is it cuz the other religions feel left out or what?
No, they didn't feel left out. They feel offended so called offended their religion. If they say Happy Hannakuh, iaccept it, but would they accept my saying Merry Christmas. No, that's offensive. Sad. Sad. Sad. Good thing my growing up, no problem, till mote and more relgion pouring in to find a way to stop American traditions.

No, they didn't feel left out. They feel offended so called offended their religion. If they say Happy Hannakuh, iaccept it, but would they accept my saying Merry Christmas. No, that's offensive. Sad. Sad. Sad. Good thing my growing up, no problem, till mote and more relgion pouring in to find a way to stop American traditions.

Have you EVER offended anyone by wishing them a Merry Christmas?

Have you?

Same here...I am not religous but I dont mind having people say "Merry Xmas" to me. I didnt think it was offensive. If someone said "Happy Hannakuh" to me, I would say thanks. No biggie. Life is tooo short and there are more important things to worry about than this. I guess some people take that kind of thing very seriously.

Same here...I am not religous but I dont mind having people say "Merry Xmas" to me.

I know quite a few Christians who would take offense at that. Some see it as a secular version of the word, 'Christmas'. You see, the "X" replaces 'Christ' in 'Christmas'.

People need to wake up and realize that it's not exactly a American tradition. It's a Christian tradition for many Christian families to celebrate Christmas. America is no longer just about Christians, it's now about everybody.

That's why the corporations are summing up all sort of holidays into one holy greeting... which is 'Happy Holidays'. It's not a secular greeting as many would like to think. "Holiday" is 'Holy Day'. There's a lot of different religious celebrations that is observed during the month of December.

I'm a Christian and I celebrate Christmas, but I acknowledge that it's not a Canadian tradition, nor is it an American tradition. It's a family tradition for me to celebrate Christmas.

Whether you like it or not, it is not an American tradition. It's a Christian tradition.

I know quite a few Christians who would take offense at that. Some see it as a secular version of the word, 'Christmas'. You see, the "X" replaces 'Christ' in 'Christmas'.

People need to wake up and realize that it's not exactly a American tradition. It's a Christian tradition for many Christian families to celebrate Christmas. America is no longer just about Christians, it's now about everybody.

That's why the corporations are summing up all sort of holidays into one holy greeting... which is 'Happy Holidays'. It's not a secular greeting as many would like to think. "Holiday" is 'Holy Day'. There's a lot of different religious celebrations that is observed during the month of December.

I'm a Christian and I celebrate Christmas, but I acknowledge that it's not a Canadian tradition, nor is it an American tradition. It's a family tradition for me to celebrate Christmas.

Whether you like it or not, it is not an American tradition. It's a Christian tradition.

Of course, it wasn't from American tradition.

I'm not christian and don't want hear about "Merry Christmas".

What so? Get a life. ;)

Christian isn't national religion, peroid.

Oh ok..cool. Never saw it that way. Now I am starting to understand a little better. Maybe is it simpler to say "Happy Holidays" and leave it at that?

Yeah, its sad, since american tradition been fading. Can't say merry christmas, bec offend other religions. Aclu killing it. And other religions complaints. Even many have misunderstood christmas thinking its christian's holiday itself, which it isn't. Tho christians bringing the idea christmas for remembering Christ was born. Even suing companies and mall by using "merry christmas", bec perferring "happy holdiay". Like respect other nation, not respect american traditions. Its sad and decaying. Even christmas is about giving and also love.

Yea, it does offend other religions and more stores are start to say "Happy Holiday" because it was integrated with other religion. Some people are upset since they are other religion and agnostic then start offend back to them. I'm glad that I'm not from bible belt since they are spoil their life and taking care about AFA, that worst organization ever.

Christian isn't part of American tradition, check Banjo's post.

Pacman, I don't think u read it clearly. Didn't say america is christian tradition. I said American tradition by saying Merry Christmas. Lot of Merry Christmas everywhere for 200 yrs, till last 10 yrs everything changes. I do have a life, Pacman. I'm not a person to go out mouth off like you do. But anyway, well there are two things about christmas, as of Christmas start is a paganism holiday as for Santa Claus and etc. But as for christians we use as for the birth of Jesus, but Jesus wasn't really born on dec 25th. Those who are young doesn't know what american christmas celebration are like. There were no complaints till all begins to grow last 10 years. But I keep the Spirit up in the cold, dark cruel world.

Pacman, I don't think u read it clearly. Didn't say america is christian tradition. I said American tradition by saying Merry Christmas. Lot of Merry Christmas everywhere for 200 yrs, till last 10 yrs everything changes. I do have a life, Pacman. I'm not a person to go out mouth off like you do. But anyway, well there are two things about christmas, as of Christmas start is a paganism holiday as for Santa Claus and etc. But as for christians we use as for the birth of Jesus, but Jesus wasn't really born on dec 25th. Those who are young doesn't know what american christmas celebration are like. There were no complaints till all begins to grow last 10 years. But I keep the Spirit up in the cold, dark cruel world.

Yea, I did read your post.

It's getting change since christian is going fall down and other religion (most no religion) are growing since 90's and more people aren't care about religion. I'm tell you that christian is #1 most annoying religion since AFA is trying to fuck us up but most companies are ignore them and some of them are file to sue on AFA.

Of course, I'm agnostic and don't think about me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back