Nigerian Scammer...I don't accept this... :(

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. I don't know where to post but I've received a private message from a nigerian scammer (didn't ask for a permission--I know it's disrespectful but had to do it):

supported by .....
We provide good health and focus for deaf kids .supported by the Uk government.

Hello,
My name is Barrister WILLIAMS I work for the UK government ..in Northampton First of all once you read this email I will really love to pass this information to all good deaf and the honest one that is really willing to take good care of a 8 months old Girl Amanda and a 5 years old boy George .Their mother and father came from unknown area and they live in uk .. 3 months ago their parents died and they left the amount of £3 million pounds in their account.and when you convert into usa dollars its about $6.5million dollars.the 2 deaf kids are in the uk hospital were doctor Jonathan Anthony is taking good care of them cos they were participated in the accident that happen ,To God be the glory that they were not dead like their parents.we shall love a good honest deaf man or woman who can accept the 2 kids and take good care of them and immediately the children arrive your home, the Following day the uk government will begin to pay 2500$ per child = $5000 every week for 16yrs to take care of the kids and they will always come after every 6 months to check on them to see how they are doing ..and the person ( adopting parent(s) ) will be given the £3 million pounds ($6.5million us dollars) to take good care of the kids for life and when they get time to go to school , the uk government will use the remaining money in the account here in uk to send them to the best Deaf school in u.s.a still under your care. NO much stress and easy life for u they are sweet kids u will love them . .Please write me back if u are intrested so that we can contact the bank that hold the money as soon as possible and also contact the uk government so that they can sign and agree the kids to go with you and the money. pls contact me as soon possible in this email address .....
Also i want you to reply to this email if you are really serious about adopting the children.

deaf_agent@... +...
thats my email adress ,
let me know if you are interested.

Take Care
Barrister... +...

Does it make any sense to forward the private message to a moderator? Has anybody received this kind of message?

Never mind my thread...

In this thread, I've notified the moderator of the post... *sigh* Notifying the moderator helps taking care of the post that don't belong in the thread.

It's kind of crazy when using :rl: smiley in a post...had a same feeling as a poster who started an introduction thread...

That is a typical Nigerian scammer's letter. I wouldn't reply to it if I were you.

You need to just forward it to the moderators and they will take care of it by deleting the scammer's sn here.

Thanks for informing us mod/admin team about this. I've took care of the situation. ;)

By the way, If any one of you get a scam through pm or a post here in AllDeaf, Please do report it to us Mod/Admin Team.

If you get it in pm - forward it to us.

Sometime we are not able to read all the threads, so in that case, do let us know about it one way or other. :)

Well you know what would REALLY help to cut down on Niagrain PMs? Making it so that you have to have a certain number of posts on the board, before you can use the PM feature. I've seen this used on other boards. I don't know why Alex hasn't put that into action here.

I've read not long ago about a old deaf couple from California lost thousands of dollars to Nigerian scam.....I ain't fallin' for this and ya know, it's so obviously it's a scam and I would tell them to go find somebody as stupid as they are to scam....lol

Back