new Viable videophone at CES

I already registered yesterday. So I guess I will wait for the UPS to drop off the package. :)

I'll see if I like it or not.

I don't see where you can register for one.

hmmm ... register is to subscribe for newsletter, not to get a product. How do you know that UPS will drop the product at your home?

I already registered yesterday. So I guess I will wait for the UPS to drop off the package. :)

I'll see if I like it or not.

I didn't say to get VPAN or have UPS drop it off at your home. LakeTahoe implied that she already registered and will wait for UPS to drop it off. I was puzzled. Then RickL66 said he didn't see registration there for that. There is a registeration there but to subscribe for newsletter only. Perhaps LakeTahoe misunderstood? In meantime, VPAD hasn't distribute any to anyone yet since it'll be next generation. It shown:

How can I get this product? How much does it cost? How will this be distributed? Viable is still internally testing the VPAD. We plan to kick off the beta testing phase soon. Full-scale, nationwide distribution will come next, but how we approach that hasn't been determined. We do not want to take shortcuts with the VPAD.

Therefore it's NOT ready yet but soon.

Anyway ... you can use VP100, VP200, D-Link or webcam for network to go thru Viable vision for Relay Service instead Sorenson or others for now.

This isn't not lead you to get VPAN or have UPS drop off at your home. It bases on Viable Vision for your computer to use WEBCAM.

It is worth to have that Viable Vision on webcam because it useful than another WEBCAM.

I don't see where you can register for one.

Let ya know that register just for member and they are not send it!!! They re test it right now ...

so We are waiting ok ;)

I got e.mail from them here

Thank you for contacting Viable! My name is John Slone, and I am your
Customer Service Representative. I am writing to respond to your inquiry.

We cannot tell you how excited we are about the VPAD and its offerings!
We are testing it internally and plan to kick off beta testing soon.
Full-scale, nationwide distribution will come next, but how we approach
that has not been determined. We do not want to take shortcuts in
readying the VPAD.

If you or your friends and relatives want to learn more, please feel
free to contact us anytime (Viable.net - Support). Customer
Support and our website are your sources for the LATEST information on
the VPAD and everything we do at Viable
(Viable.net - VPAD.).

Yours,

John Slone
Viable, Inc.
Customer Service: help.viablevrs.tv

For anyone who already have laptop with built-in webcam. No fear need to get VPAD. I have macbook and use with HOVRS to call anyone, both VP or VRS.

Only thing I concern that most average deaf aren't familiar with wireless network to set. The cost seem like as if it would be around $300 to $400 from the basic than cheap laptop and more like PDA with touch-screen's concept cost.

I think this VPAD should use 802.11g (G) instead have an optional with 802.11b (B) during the better stream. But it should be okay for now. Since I have know that all G router are very cheap while N are start become hot cake.

UPDATE!!!!!

Its not free!!!

Viable VPad
Approx $399
Technology designed for the deaf is often created by people who can hear. Rockville, Md.-based Viable has a different approach: The company is run by hearing-impaired managers, including chief operations officer Jason Yeh. It has built a Web-based video communications unit filled with features for the hearing impaired.

The unit not only displays a signing person, but it also shows a second feed of the other signing party so both communicators know who is speaking when. Better yet, the units are portable and can function with PC-based versions of the same software. This all sounds straightforward enough, but these features are advances in the world of enabling technologies. Sometimes it takes people who can't hear to actually listen.

so will let us know when its ready to selling! :):)

What's more, it is a DEAF owned company! So support them if you can....

UPDATE!!!!!

Its not free!!!

Viable VPad
Approx $399
Technology designed for the deaf is often created by people who can hear. Rockville, Md.-based Viable has a different approach: The company is run by hearing-impaired managers, including chief operations officer Jason Yeh. It has built a Web-based video communications unit filled with features for the hearing impaired.

The unit not only displays a signing person, but it also shows a second feed of the other signing party so both communicators know who is speaking when. Better yet, the units are portable and can function with PC-based versions of the same software. This all sounds straightforward enough, but these features are advances in the world of enabling technologies. Sometimes it takes people who can't hear to actually listen.

Phillp, I knew its not for free already, thats what most deaf people expect for free! but its not FREEE, toobad! if they looking for free, get Soreson VP or Ojo vp, then.

Thank for infom me this update! ;)

UPDATE!!!!!

Its not free!!!

Viable VPad
Approx $399

Think of it as buy TTY. Like old day, ahhh.
But, where did you find that source from?

.PowerON Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips
Here

CES 2008: Best tech for and by small businesses - Viable VPad (3) - FORTUNE Small Business

it said approximate on price, it didn't mean it's official, since you don't see on Viable's information that mention the price yet.

I KNOW>>>> LOOOK Careful read my post!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!

Its not free!!!

Viable VPad
Approx $399

.PowerON Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips
Here

CES 2008: Best tech for and by small businesses - Viable VPad (3) - FORTUNE Small Business

it said approximate on price, it didn't mean it's official, since you don't see on Viable's information that mention the price yet.

I KNOW>>>> LOOOK Careful read my post!!!!

yeaaa and they should sell at $429, it sound right. :)

Back