new Viable videophone at CES

yeaaa and they should sell at $429, it sound right. :)

Ouch!! too much?? If Its 429.00 then would you give me some money 30.00?:fingersx::fingersx: ;):) j/k :D

I had done a researched on it. I agreed with you that it is not ready. I know there is a question whether it is costing us or free? I called the Viable support service through VP this morning. I asked them with many questions. One of them was about making a payment on wireless card? They said it was not needing to make a payment because it comes within VPAD that included bluetooth. If traveling somewhere and does not have WiFi in the area. You can use your SK LX with bluetooth or any other pagers that have a bluetooth will works along with it. I asked them if it is free to get a VPAD and they said in the gray area "if I downloaded a Viable program in my computer and use their VRS services" and it can be getting a free VPAD or not???? The support service person told me about it and will announce it in the email sometimes next week. It was a small world that I knew this person from other state and moved to another state and it was wonderful to chatting with my friend working for this company.

I had done a researched on it. I agreed with you that it is not ready. I know there is a question whether it is costing us or free? I called the Viable support service through VP this morning. I asked them with many questions. One of them was about making a payment on wireless card? They said it was not needing to make a payment because it comes within VPAD that included bluetooth. If traveling somewhere and does not have WiFi in the area. You can use your SK LX with bluetooth or any other pagers that have a bluetooth will works along with it. I asked them if it is free to get a VPAD and they said in the gray area "if I downloaded a Viable program in my computer and use their VRS services" and it can be getting a free VPAD or not???? The support service person told me about it and will announce it in the email sometimes next week. It was a small world that I knew this person from other state and moved to another state and it was wonderful to chatting with my friend working for this company.

:cool: Awesome more info ;):):)

:ty: :D

whoa, you're not understand about tech thing.

First, bluetooth isn't kind high bandwidth stream in air from device to device. And Second, they're tell you to use viable VRS often enough to make them money then you get free, probably in 6 to 10 months later.

I don't see anything about bluetooth on this.

Viable can't give people an incentive to use their VRS to get something free. It's against the law, and Viable would lose money if they did something like that. That's why HOVRS no longer gives their "brown bag" free VRS rewards, or why Sorenson cannot require that you use their service or else they might take away your VP.

whoa, you're not understand about tech thing.

First, bluetooth isn't kind high bandwidth stream in air from device to device. And Second, they're tell you to use viable VRS often enough to make them money then you get free, probably in 6 to 10 months later.

You think I not understand? you wrong point to me, since you not read it post before... I called support service and question them. They said will find out and emails everyone!

I don't see anything about bluetooth on this.

Viable can't give people an incentive to use their VRS to get something free. It's against the law, and Viable would lose money if they did something like that. That's why HOVRS no longer gives their "brown bag" free VRS rewards, or why Sorenson cannot require that you use their service or else they might take away your VP.

They said just guess and wait see because it came new...

They said just guess and wait see because it came new...

Viable.net - FAQ

Is the VPAD free?
The VPAD will not be free. We plan to announce pricing and distribution information very soon but we intend for it to be affordable.

Why isn't the VPAD free?
The VPAD was designed specifically for VRS users and is not an off-the-shelf videophone. Not only have we invested in the technology, we are also investing in customer support. Everyone who purchases the VPAD will be entitled to warranty coverage and technical support. VPAD owners will have customer rights superior to what they currently receive from distributors of other videophones.

I download viable in my new laptop with inside web cam. I called relay viable check test if work or not? WOWOWOWO!!!! IT VERY COOL SMOOTH WORK. :dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

Get Videophone

I am looking at getting videophone at getvideophone.com. Its a IRIS 2000TM. Does anyone know anything about this videophone. They say its free but you have to pay $250.

Viable VPAD

Does anybody know anything about the Viable VPAD? I have been reading about it on their website and I heard it will be sold at the DeafNation Expo's for $99! I would definitely get it for that price. I can get Sorenson for free but then I am stuck in one place to make phone calls. The VPAD is wireless, I could take it anywhere in my house! That's worth $99 to me. Unfortunately I heard the price is $699 for if you're not at the DN Expo. So maybe I will go to the nearest Expo, all the way in New Jersey...still cheaper to drive there than pay $699! :D

I thought it belonged under relay. Anyway, it is wireless...will work with the wifi network I have set up in my home so it is definitely wireless. No, it doesn't work on cell networks like Sidekicks do, but it is wireless.

Perhaps a mod can merge the threads.

I thought it belonged under relay. Anyway, it is wireless...will work with the wifi network I have set up in my home so it is definitely wireless. No, it doesn't work on cell networks like Sidekicks do, but it is wireless.

Perhaps a mod can merge the threads.

I was in person at Viable's booth in DefaNation at Los Angeles. They explain that wireless is an optional. It's very disappear.

I was in person at Viable's booth in DefaNation at Los Angeles. They explain that wireless is an optional. It's very disappear.
Do you mean disappointed? I was kind of looking forward getting it next month but since the product left a lot of people unimpressed.

Do you mean disappointed? I was kind of looking forward getting it next month but since the product left a lot of people unimpressed.

doh... yes, disappoint. I'm dead serious that VPAD sucks.

at least, the bright side, you don't need fat television (CRT) and videophone combo. You get VPAD, all in one to use like iMac. :)

Vpad

I have been playing with a beta VPAD and frankly, I'm quite disappointed. I came around here via Google engine looking to see if other people had the same opinion as I did or its only me that hate this thing. The touchscreen is horrible... I tried calibrating it using the calibration screen and it doesnt work. I have to use a plug-in mouse to use anything well on the VPAD and a few of my friends have the same problem. Mobility... I have to plug this thing's power adaptor in everywhere I go and if I want wireless, I have to hope for a free WIFI hotspot somewhere nearby.

A few things VPAD does have going for it is the small size that I can bring around without a TV required. And multiple VPads can call each other within same network. And the whole VPAD itself looks slick.

But overall, I'm not impressed. High goal Viable shot for and missed. Maybe with next few firmware releases to fix bugs and add features this VPAD may become decent.

P.S. Does anybody know how to fix the touchscreen problem? Calibration doesnt work.

Back