new to alldeaf, and being deaf

Welcome to All Deaf!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and I hope it doesnt take you that long to get used to the silence!

Can a hearing aid not help you or did the explosion caused too much damage?

It's hard to lose your hearing later on in life...I cope well tho! I started losing mine at 16 and it's progressive bilateral *currently* moderate loss...Glad you are learning ASL I am learning a few signs here and there but I have to focus on school too...but I am taking ASL next year and am gonna minor in it so ill be pro in 3-4 years hopefully :0 Good luck and if u have questions don't hesitate to ask!!!

sure, i'll be glad to talk to u Kamrin XD
i'm 20
and hearing aid wont work. too much damage. i cant hear at all :S
but its okay i guess.
und hallo, ich weis(s) ein wenig Deutsch.

i like it here. plan to post more. thanx everyone. great day

welcome to AD and you can surf through this site because this is helpful resources what you may need to know or learn :]

btw, enjoy!

You can seek out your local deaf coffee event. Or a local deaf club, to help build on your vocabulary in ASL.

sure, i'll be glad to talk to u Kamrin XD
i'm 20
and hearing aid wont work. too much damage. i cant hear at all :S
but its okay i guess.
und hallo, ich weis(s) ein wenig Deutsch.

i like it here. plan to post more. thanx everyone. great day

Thanks! Through other people's posts, you've answered a lot of questions I had already :lol: One thing I am curious about is what your initial reaction was to losing your hearing and how have you coped? Thanks!

Thanks! Through other people's posts, you've answered a lot of questions I had already :lol: One thing I am curious about is what your initial reaction was to losing your hearing and how have you coped? Thanks!

initially i was worried and kinda lost. i had to quit my current school, they tried to cope with me, but it didnt work out. still have the same job.

when i was first told i was deaf, it really didnt effect me, idk why but it didnt. but i took it as a challenge, and i looked at it as a chance to improve myself. that night i learned ASL. well, a-z, 1-10, and alot of random signs. enough to sign anyway. overall, accepting it was fairly easy, the only hard part was telling family bc i dont live with them.

as far as coping, im still somewhat lost. see, i was in a hearing college, now i'm looking for a college for the deaf, b ut i'm also working on improving my signing. it's a challenge, completely new world now.

i miss alot of stuff too. like music and my family's and boyfriend's voice but i;ll have to cope.

as far as coping, im still somewhat lost. see, i was in a hearing college, now i'm looking for a college for the deaf, b ut i'm also working on improving my signing. it's a challenge, completely new world now.

i miss alot of stuff too. like music and my family's and boyfriend's voice but i;ll have to cope.

From what I've seen in your posts, you seem to be handling it EXTRORDINARILY well. Kudos.

initially i was worried and kinda lost. i had to quit my current school, they tried to cope with me, but it didnt work out. still have the same job.

when i was first told i was deaf, it really didnt effect me, idk why but it didnt. but i took it as a challenge, and i looked at it as a chance to improve myself. that night i learned ASL. well, a-z, 1-10, and alot of random signs. enough to sign anyway. overall, accepting it was fairly easy, the only hard part was telling family bc i dont live with them.

You'll do okay

College of the deaf -- gallaudet University.

Back