New Signers' Funny Mistakes

Hear Again, you will have to forgive me and my vocabulary. Heh heh!

Schwang is peter pecker, wookie, man's best friend, weewee, or else known as p*nis.

Why couldn't I figure that out for myself? :laugh2::laugh2:

I must be living under a rock or something because I've never heard of that word before. :Oops:

Of course, I could have saved myself alot of embarrassment by looking up that word on Dictionary.com. Oh well. LOL.

Of course, I could have saved myself alot of embarrassment by looking up that word on Dictionary.com. Oh well. LOL.

Don't worry, I didn't even know that word. I did try looking it up on dictionary.com, and it isn't there. However, I do know the word without the "sch" in front of it, so I assumed that's what it meant. Out of curiosity, I went just now to dictionary.com and looked it up with the "sch" removed, and found it. :giggle:

It was a lucky mistake.
It lets us all have the opportunity to see Mrs. Bucket's huge vocabulary on anatomy.;)

Don't worry, I didn't even know that word. I did try looking it up on dictionary.com, and it isn't there. However, I do know the word without the "sch" in front of it, so I assumed that's what it meant. Out of curiosity, I went just now to dictionary.com and looked it up with the "sch" removed, and found it. :giggle:

I'm glad I'm not alone, SimplyMints. :giggle: If Mrs. Bucket would have written the word minus the "sh," that I would have understood. :)

Trying to speak english and sign at the same time- definitely screws me up. Either my english is jumbled or my signing is too english. :ugh:

I won't be an interpreter anytime soon, that's for sure. :giggle:

Trying to speak english and sign at the same time- definitely screws me up. Either my english is jumbled or my signing is too english. :ugh:

I won't be an interpreter anytime soon, that's for sure. :giggle:

society's_child,

The only time Sim-Com can be done with any degree of accuracy is when signing in English word order (PSE or SEE). For obvious reasons, it doesn't work too well for ASL. :lol:

so the funniest mistake i have made in ASL lately is talking to the chair of the ASL department in my school and fingerspelling easy because i cant remember the sign and not being able to do it! i kept spelling it dyslexic.

so the funniest mistake i have made in ASL lately is talking to the chair of the ASL department in my school and fingerspelling easy because i cant remember the sign and not being able to do it! i kept spelling it dyslexic.

I've made that kind of mistake before!

In fact, when I started learning PSE (which is what I began with followed by SEE and then ASL) I had to fingerspell almost every other word because I couldn't remember all of my signs. :)

I've made that kind of mistake before!

In fact, when I started learning PSE (which is what I began with followed by SEE and then ASL) I had to fingerspell almost every other word because I couldn't remember all of my signs. :)

yup, i felt so dumb, i was talking to the department chair... eeeek.

I wear aids so I have some hearing, but when I play sports, I take them out because a) it's either a water sport
b) I can't fit them under my helmet

I was catching and our best pitcher, who is also deaf, was having an off day. So I called a timeout and went to the mound and I was PISSED OFF. So our "fingers were flying" (as my mother puts it) and the umpire came out and kicked both of us out of the game.

It took us, and our coaches a few minutes to figure out what happened.

Turns out he thought we were flashing gang signs or something. Thankfully we hadn't left the field yet. My dad had to hop over the fence and explain it. He thought it was hilarious.

Me, not so much.

My oh my, look at dem' deaf thugs! :rofl:

Im still a very new signer, and Im sure Ive made my share of mistakes that I havent been corrected on yet, but I will learn and move on. :D

Back