New iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what LTE means. like WiMax.

Some rumor said Verizon and Apple are in discussions regarding a new iPhone for the carrier, which would be launched in 2010. USA Today quote "people familiar with the situation" who claim discussions between Steve Jobs and Verizon began a few months ago.

While USA Today suggest a CDMA iPhone would be the likely result, Apple's recent financial conference call would seem to debunk that. During the call, COO Tim Cook dismissed talk of a CDMA iPhone because the CDMA standard is predominantly a US specification. Instead, Apple want "one phone for the whole world".

What that could indicate, therefore, is a LTE (Long Term Evolution) iPhone, just in time to spearhead Verizon's new LTE network set to launch in 2010. LTE has been adopted by not only Verizon but other US carriers - including AT&T - as well as networks worldwide, in keeping with Apple's "one phone" intentions. What remains to be seen is how AT&T might react to the possibility of a super-fast new iPhone bypassing their exclusivity.

I will wait to hear about Verizon.

Some rumor said Verizon and Apple are in discussions regarding a new iPhone for the carrier, which would be launched in 2010. USA Today quote "people familiar with the situation" who claim discussions between Steve Jobs and Verizon began a few months ago.

While USA Today suggest a CDMA iPhone would be the likely result, Apple's recent financial conference call would seem to debunk that. During the call, COO Tim Cook dismissed talk of a CDMA iPhone because the CDMA standard is predominantly a US specification. Instead, Apple want "one phone for the whole world".

What that could indicate, therefore, is a LTE (Long Term Evolution) iPhone, just in time to spearhead Verizon's new LTE network set to launch in 2010. LTE has been adopted by not only Verizon but other US carriers - including AT&T - as well as networks worldwide, in keeping with Apple's "one phone" intentions. What remains to be seen is how AT&T might react to the possibility of a super-fast new iPhone bypassing their exclusivity.

LTE and WiMax aren't same since LTE is part of GSM family.

I already said about att and tmobile will upgrade to LTE as well, only left Sprint as different network.

LTE and WiMax aren't same since LTE is part of GSM family.

I already said about att and tmobile will upgrade to LTE as well, only left Sprint as different network.

When will ATT and T-Mobile be update to LTE?

I'm on side with Jake, I hate locked iPhone and rather to get unlocked phone to use any carriers whatever I want and use contract is worthless.

Why don't you save up for few month to get unlocked iPhone.
It is easy to unlock Iphone for FREE. sign up a provider a month later, terminate fee that saves a lot of money than a full retail price.

I can change to unlock iphone but I should pay for early termination fee. What s name service provider is best? Sprint? Verizon? I dislike T-Mobile.:barf:
I don't see any provider can match $50 (tap plan).

You don't need pay early termination fee for unlocked iPhone but you can keep att account and pick a different carriers in other countries like Europe, Latin America or Asia.
Ended up two bills? It's not good idea.

iPhone will not release to Sprint and WiMax (4G) isn't offered in many countries.

iPhone could release to Verizon because they will switch to GSM to use LTE, also att will followed them.
I hate to say but agree with you this one.

Come back next year and we can talk. :)

I can change to unlock iphone but I should pay for early termination fee. What s name service provider is best? Sprint? Verizon? I dislike T-Mobile.:barf:

YOU CAN'T USE iPhone 3Gs for Sprint or Verizon. They use CDMA for now.

When will ATT and T-Mobile be update to LTE?

For att, in 2012 and for tmobile, it will probably after 2012.

tmobile in Europe will get LTE so earlier than in US.

For att, in 2012 and for tmobile, it will probably after 2012.

tmobile in Europe will get LTE so earlier than in US.

I think that Verizon might get LTE in early 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back