new harry potter

JennyB

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that the new harry potter on dvd doesnt have captions or english subtitles?

has anyone else noticed that the new harry potter on dvd doesnt have captions or english subtitles?

Someone texted me that the day after Christmas when they were looking for a Harry Potter rental. They rented, and were disappointed in it. I wasn't sure if the DVD was made IN Canada, since Canadian-made DVDs seldom has English options, or someone made a mistake with the rental or both rental and retail.

Was your copy a rental or retail?

Recently I went to Blockbuster and check out the DVD, it has SDH icon. (Subtitles for Deaf & Hard Hearing.)

my copy is subtitled though I got the blu-ray combo pack and the DVD version one I have:

SDH

I watched the DVD version on regular dvd player and it works just fine

i rented it and there was nothing. then i went to buy it and only the bluray had subtitles or captions, not the dvd.

It's just the single-disc edition in Canada, they are working on it.

That's stupid! All my DVDs from here have subtitles and captions so it's not s Canada thing just a mistake...

i have the half-blood prince on DVD and the CC shows up just fine.

That's stupid! All my DVDs from here have subtitles and captions so it's not s Canada thing just a mistake...

I have never seen a "Made in Canada" DVD with closed captioning or English subtitle. :| Honest. The ones that do have "Made in China," "Made in Japan," "Made in USA" and so on.

That's why I was curious, because sometimes they do regional releases just to appeal to the Quebecois. They do this with a few videogames, especially with the PS2 releases, luckily it's rare-- exclude English subtitles, include French subtitles/audio for the Canadian releases, yet the American versions HAVE the English subtitle. What the heck?

I can't remember if ours was CC'd or not, but my son thinks we used the PS2 and used the subtitles to watch it. It's hard to keep track of which movies are captioned or not. They don't always say on the box.

Yes, I noticed this on Christmas day. It didn't even work just using the CC built into the TV. :mad:

I didn't bother watching it...

I have never seen a "Made in Canada" DVD with closed captioning or English subtitle. :| Honest.

Nor have I. I have 6 seasons of Corner Gas, none of which have CC on it. Luckily the built in CC on the TV works with my discs... which is odd... but great.

Intresting, I rented Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince from BlockBuster and it did show SDH English for Hearing Impaired. It show Subtitle no problem.

Catty

If you have the DVD that does not have the subtitles. Here's a way you can work around that with your computer.

Download the subtitles for the movie. Play the DVD with Windows media player and open the subtitles file in the player. I personally use the VLC player but Windows works too.

Ron

Never bother to watch. It is the worst hp movie I ever watched.

Intresting, I rented Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince from BlockBuster and it did show SDH English for Hearing Impaired. It show Subtitle no problem.

Catty

Yes, that is because you are American. Ours was made in Canada so it is different.

Never bother to watch. It is the worst hp movie I ever watched.

I didn't like it as much as the others, but I am feeling that it was just too dark. My son tells me that's because the death eaters were running "amok" again. I am looking forward to the last one which will be two.

Back