New $15 Minimum Wage in Chicago?

I think there is one main point missing here.

The main reason people create businesses is to earn profits.

It's not to create jobs that meet everyone's needs.

If those jobs meet the workers' needs for income and self-fulfillment, and the need for the betterment of society, that's a bonus but it's not a requirement.

If businesses aren't profitable, they close, and the jobs disappear with them.

The only ways government should interfere with businesses is to enforce healthy and safety regulations, enforce contracts and criminal laws, and regulate issues that effect the larger community such as the environment, international relations, and interstate commerce. Even then, the government should tread lightly.

I think the government is trying to increase the wages to get people off food stamps. There are a lot of people getting the minimum wages on food stamps. I think this is more about the government trying save money and also get more money flowing into the economy by increasing the wages.
But with the new health bill and higher wages this could hurt small businesses.

So you dont think it equals out after all the years of cost of living increases and Min wage stayed the same?

earn a $1 a day and it costs you $3 a day to live.... it doesnt add up.
Generally speaking there....

here's something that I just read -

"I used to say, ‘Things cost too much.’ Then my teacher straightened me out on that by saying, ‘The problem isn't that things cost too much. The problem is that you can't afford it.’ That's when I finally understood that the problem wasn't ‘it’ - the problem was ‘me.’" -- Jim Rohn

:hmm:

Do not be surprised that the companies are gonna lay off some of their workers, should they be hit with a huge minimum wage hike by politicians.

You gotta be careful what you wish for.

Back