Never Mock God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically all Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and others who dont believe that Jesus was the Messiah will be sent to Hell???

Fear is what makes many people try to be good. I see fear in this thread - if you mock God, you will die! That is fear and it has worked on millions of people who turned to God out of fear, not genuine wanting to learn about His Word.

Dont get me wrong - I am a Christian and truly do believe in God & Jesus, but I dont believe in putting fear in other people's minds is the way to go. People will simply laugh or scoff at you out of fear. Jesus never put fear in anyone so why it is up to us human beings to try to control people by fear???!

Well said.

So basically all Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and others who dont believe that Jesus was the Messiah will be sent to Hell???

Well, what did Jesus say in the Scriptures ? He said in John 14:6 ...

" Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me ".

Fear is what makes many people try to be good. I see fear in this thread - if you mock God, you will die! That is fear and it has worked on millions of people who turned to God out of fear, not genuine wanting to learn about His Word.

I can understand what you mean about " fear ". That's not what I am tryin' to do here. I would never create a thread to put a " fear " in people's minds like this, but I do want very much share the scriptures that God is the Truth about what He says. God never lied to you or me or anyone, does He ? He cares about the lost souls, oh yes He does. He loves people very much and would love to have an intimate relationship with them. But, as you mentioned about Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and others -- they believe different gods, not Jesus. They worshipped their idols such as Buddah ( sp ? ) and other religions' idols that can't hear/answer their prayers. Only Jesus Himself can. I wonder, if they have that kind of scripture that says " I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me " in their different book ? I don't think if, I ever read one.

Dont get me wrong - I am a Christian and truly do believe in God & Jesus, but I dont believe in putting fear in other people's minds is the way to go. People will simply laugh or scoff at you out of fear. Jesus never put fear in anyone so why it is up to us human beings to try to control people by fear???!

Nah - as a Christian person, don't. Don't put " fear " in other people's minds, but just share the scriptures with them, tellin' them that Jesus does care for them and do not wish for them to go to Hell by acceptin' Him as their personal Saviour. That's the only way to go since He said " I am the Way....."
It doesn't mean that you should fear them by makin' them to turn to Him. I know it is not goin' to work that way.

I am hopin' that some of you understand where I am comin' from. I don't mean to put " fear " to people's minds as some of you thought. I just want to show you the scriptures. And, of course I completely agree with God's every Word He says in the bible because of HOW MUCH He shows us His Love for us.

I do not believe any of those on the listen who died were mocking God. They were disbelievers so God send someone to try to change their minds before they died. It was His gifts to try to change thier mind before they died. God know when we all die and it does not make Him murderer. He wants us to live longer but He gives us a free will to do with our own body so go ahead abuse our own body and u will die sooner than He wants us to. Our own sins did to us not Him. We did this to ourselves, not Him. We did not mock Him. We mock ourselves.

Cloggy-

I told my 5 older hearing brothers and sisters what you posted and I told them that you don't believe in God. I told my siblings that your post was wrong. Your post got me angry. One of my sisters said.....

"I do agree that his posting is wrong; but I'm not angered by him, I'm sad for him.

It's unfortunate that he has so much obvious hostility against Christianity and that he doesn't seem to know how much good can come from real faith in God. I suggest that those who do believe should include him in their prayers - that he may come to understand the true benefit that comes from loving God and loving other people."

I told my sister and others that she is absolutely right that I should not get angry about your post so I'm sad for you, Cloggy. So, I pray for you, Cloggy and others who don't believe in God.

Cloggy-

I told my 5 older hearing brothers and sisters what you posted and I told them that you don't believe in God. I told my siblings that your post was wrong. Your post got me angry. One of my sisters said.....

"I do agree that his posting is wrong; but I'm not angered by him, I'm sad for him.

It's unfortunate that he has so much obvious hostility against Christianity and that he doesn't seem to know how much good can come from real faith in God. I suggest that those who do believe should include him in their prayers - that he may come to understand the true benefit that comes from loving God and loving other people."

I told my sister and others that she is absolutely right that I should not get angry about your post so I'm sad for you, Cloggy. So, I pray for you, Cloggy and others who don't believe in God.

U should not worry about them, God will take care of them whether they like it or not as He had with me when I was agnostic once. :) God love them so much and will do anything to get them back even at last hour of their own death. They will know Him when the time is right. We all go thru the phase and doubt Him so it is normal.

U should not worry about them, God will take care of them whether they like it or not as He had with me when I was agnostic once. :) God love them so much and will do anything to get them back even at last hour of their own death. They will know Him when the time is right. We all go thru the phase and doubt Him so it is normal.

Jazzy:)

Yeah, I really care about people so much. Yes, I always worry about people who I know. I have a big heart.:) I think you can not tell that I have a big heart because of my words on the internet. If you meet me in person, you could tell. (maybe)?:) I love to help people so much and I love to help people to know about God. God is SO VERY WONDERFUL!!!!!:)

Warm Regards:)

Yeah, I really care about people so much. Yes, I always worry about people who I know. I have a big heart.:) I think you can not tell that I have a big heart because of my words on the internet. If you meet me in person, you could tell. (maybe)?:) I love to help people so much and I love to help people to know about God. God is SO VERY WONDERFUL!!!!!:)

yes I do know u have a big heart and ur good with people because you love them but let God take care of them and u do your things with His guide. They are the ones Jesus Christ are aim to bring them back someday. He will do it in His own way. Remember God has a plan for all of us so don't worry about them, they are good people and God has not forgotten them. :) Just don't let them upset u greatly.

Jazzy and momoftwo, that's the good way to put it and momoftwo, I know exactly what u mean, even the words the same in internet and in person, but as in person thought differently as in internet. I myself also have a big heart of all kinds of people and prayer is a key in godly fashion which God please.

When anyone mock God, please remember that God is very patient until you will face to face Him at His judgment, you will be very sorry. If you still mock God, God will laugh at you. My warning to you is NOTto mock God.

FYI, I am not talkin' about " famous people " who died just because, they were mockin' God. I talked about the scriptures itself that I totally agree about not to mock God. It's people's business in between them and God and what they do in their lives. People can say WHAT EVER they want to say -- THAT'S their choices. When they died and meet their Maker, then there's a DIFFERENT story. I can't be there to save them. They make their lives what they make it. That's people's decisions when God gave them choices.

CyberRed, not a problem..thanks for bringing it up. I ask that you please keep in mind that I'm not trying to attack the person (you or anyone I named) but rather the problem itself. It's ok to have different beliefs.

With this in mind, here is a quote of what you said:
Beautiful words !! I agree with God's scriptures about not to mock God. I believe in " what goes around comes around " or in another word it also could means " karma ".

Galatians 6:7 -- "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap ". It's VERY powerful scriptures and God warns people about this. So, be aware of consequences.

I've underlined a few things. "Beautiful words", it sounded like you were supporting the whole thing without a refutation against the other reasoning behind it that mocking God would lead to a quick and untimely death.

Now about "karma". You may have heard of the "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" rule in Exodus 21:23-27. It was part of Moses' Law as well as the Code of Hammurabi. This law may now seem cruel to us, but at the time it was created to impose limits to keep things in order in an anarchical society that would've otherwise been in chaos with mass genocides like modern-day Africa. A more lenient law may have not been forceful enough to regulate the society back then. Here you've got a justifiable example of "bad karma" if you kill someone and you get killed for it.

However, the "bad karma" in this article written by a radical Christian is directly warning non-Christians that if they mock God, they will die as a consequence. This goes against Jesus' teachings. He taught about mercy and forgiveness. The very opposite of "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Jesus even said, "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt 5:38-39) In other words, Jesus taught against revenge.

There are two kinds of karma, but when you say you believe in "karma" are you saying you believe in revenge also? Think about that statement carefully and how it reflects off you to everyone else.

I agree it's true that what goes around does come around - but I don't have to behave that way in the negative sense. Fundamental Christians do not exact revenge. Neither do they employ "scare tactics" to warn people that if they do this, they will die. Even Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but since you claim you can see, your guilt remains." (John 9:41) Therefore, it is unnecessary for Christians to warn non-Christians that they will die as a result of mocking God. While some non-Christians may know that mocking God is wrong, and still mock God, it could be because they don't fully understand why they should accept the same beliefs. God certainly is capable of understanding this.

Christians who are true to the Christian doctrine do not think in terms of revenge, or harmful intent, or even what goes around comes around "bad karma"-wise. To think "good karma"-wise would be living by the golden rule. This article is an inaccurate representation of an omniscient and forgiving and loving God.

Remember, it's the article and the way it came across I'm really trying to emphasize my point about. It is not intended, in any way, to be a personal attack against you.

CyberRed, not a problem..thanks for bringing it up. I ask that you please keep in mind that I'm not trying to attack the person (you or anyone I named) but rather the problem itself. It's ok to have different beliefs.

With this in mind, here is a quote of what you said:

I've underlined a few things. "Beautiful words", it sounded like you were supporting the whole thing without a refutation against the other reasoning behind it that mocking God would lead to a quick and untimely death.

No. I mean God's scripture ( Galatians 6:7 ) is beautiful, because of His Powerful Truth as a double-edged sword. His Word flew through the heart very clean. I can think of His Knowin' every person's heart that I don't know. I am very pleased with His Truth. Truth hurts, yes but yet beautiful. Guilty or not guilty. Have to accept facin' it. I avoid to mention about " mockin' God would lead to a quick and untimely death ". I wasn't bringin' that up. I brought up God's very scripture that I totally agree and support.

Now about "karma". You may have heard of the "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" rule in Exodus 21:23-27. It was part of Moses' Law as well as the Code of Hammurabi. This law may now seem cruel to us, but at the time it was created to impose limits to keep things in order in an anarchical society that would've otherwise been in chaos with mass genocides like modern-day Africa. A more lenient law may have not been forceful enough to regulate the society back then. Here you've got a justifiable example of "bad karma" if you kill someone and you get killed for it.

Of course, I have heard " an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth ". But, I don't use the word " bad karma ". I can use both words " karma " and " what goes around comes around ". I was tryin' to explain these words to different people. Some people use the word " karma " and some use the words " what goes around comes around ". So, I am usin' both to explain my opinions here.

However, the "bad karma" in this article written by a radical Christian is directly warning non-Christians that if they mock God, they will die as a consequence. This goes against Jesus' teachings. He taught about mercy and forgiveness. The very opposite of "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Jesus even said, "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt 5:38-39) In other words, Jesus taught against revenge.

I know that Jesus taught against revenge. You are right. I have nothin' against you on that part. I agree.

There are two kinds of karma, but when you say you believe in "karma" are you saying you believe in revenge also? Think about that statement carefully and how it reflects off you to everyone else.

I agree it's true that what goes around does come around - but I don't have to behave that way in the negative sense. Fundamental Christians do not exact revenge. Neither do they employ "scare tactics" to warn people that if they do this, they will die. Even Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but since you claim you can see, your guilt remains." (John 9:41) Therefore, it is uncalled of for Christians to warn non-Christians that they will die as a result of mocking God. While some non-Christians may know that mocking God is wrong, and still mock God, it could be because they don't fully understand why they should accept the same beliefs. God certainly is capable of understanding this.

Well, that's God's business to decide for each person. He knows each person's heart that I can't judge, because I don't know what each person's heart tells. What I am tryin' to explain is that Galatians 6:7 is what I explained its means, not to aim a person specifically -- but, just to be aware of these scripture what it says. It's up to a person to decide on whether he or she will take God's Word or not. I can't make the decision for anyone. I can say what my heart tells me what the scripture says or means instead of aimin' at a person about his/her personal life and how bad his/her life is. That's not my business. I also can just say my pieces by agreement or disagreement rather than judgin', criticizin' or what ever to that person. A few of ADers call me an " ignorant " or an " idiot " ... Gee - how dare they could call me that while I don't call them that in the first place ? I feel it's very rude remarks or I would just say that they have no feelin' at all.

Christians who are true to the Christian doctrine do not think in terms of revenge, or harmful intent, or even what goes around comes around "bad karma"-wise. To think "good karma"-wise would be living by the golden rule. This article is an inaccurate representation of an omniscient and forgiving and loving God.

I know. You could be right. I don't mean to intent that what I was meanin' to say. I am just tellin' it what my heart tells me what the scripture means. So, please do not take that offensive from me. Ok ? :) I hope others do feel the same way - please, do not take that offensive from me as well.

Not offended. You are entitled to sharing your beliefs in an assertive way. :) It's the article I'm against, because of the "death threats" underlying it.

It just appalled me that the # of Christians who backed it up did not seem to notice the "fear techniques" being employed. Discussing religion should be like diplomatic negotiating--be open to the possibility you could be wrong on some levels--they could be right, you could be wrong about a few things; or vice-versa. Focus on interests, not positions. Telling people they're going to die and go to hell if they don't do this is focusing on position; but focusing on interest is finding a common ground to talk, then finding out why the other person thinks the way he does, without focusing only on yourself.

This means be flexible to changing your mind on things. They could be right about some things. Also, there are many non-Christians out there who don't understand why religion is important. Start from there instead of scaring them into accepting the religion. That's the other thing I didn't like about this article. It takes an emotional stance instead of a factual stance.

An article scaring people with fear tactics..then four (or three ;)) Christians enthusiastically backing it up... some of us just had to laugh at how it looked!

Bible say KJV say here, Be careful to speak out of your mouth!

Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.

Psalm 119:43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 15:14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.

2 Corinthians 6:11 O [ye] Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

I do agreed with you about care about people BUT.... Remember need pray for them. You feeling care for people what God feeling common!!!as you SMILE!! God will planning for them life.

EXPLAIN story here,

Last few yrs, I married former first husband for long times. I prayed for former husband few yrs. My former preacher and I prayed for my former husband every Sunday am. It true came MESSSS UPPP!!!! He rejected Jesus Christ. After that we bbiggesstt mess up and went to see my lawyer and filed divorced. I shocked. He changed new life with Jesus Christ. He wont listen me before since I love encouraged him Bible for many yrs. WiRED!! After I filed divorced then He changed and faith church now. We forgave each other. After divorced granted, He insulted me "YOU WILL BE BUM!!". I told him, Thank you and Praise Lord! Faith with Lord! Later till last 2 yrs ago, It showed him mess up life and bankrutcy now!! God gave my whole life blessings and new sec husband blessing new a house and a new car.

Nah - as a Christian person, don't. Don't put " fear " in other people's minds, but just share the scriptures with them, tellin' them that Jesus does care for them and do not wish for them to go to Hell by acceptin' Him as their personal Saviour. That's the only way to go since He said " I am the Way....."
It doesn't mean that you should fear them by makin' them to turn to Him. I know it is not goin' to work that way.

I am hopin' that some of you understand where I am comin' from. I don't mean to put " fear " to people's minds as some of you thought. I just want to show you the scriptures. And, of course I completely agree with God's every Word He says in the bible because of HOW MUCH He shows us His Love for us.

Amen!

EXACTLY!!!

Bible say KJV here John 1:10-19

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

You denied to Jesus Christ! Why Jesus CREATED FOR YOUR LIFE! Thank God for my life in earth. Jesus know who are you! You not know who is Jesus Christ Savior! Jesus teached you in world John 14:6

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Your choose serve Devil or Jesus Christ?

Matthew 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness!

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

FYI, I am not talkin' about " famous people " who died just because, they were mockin' God. I talked about the scriptures itself that I totally agree about not to mock God. It's people's business in between them and God and what they do in their lives. People can say WHAT EVER they want to say -- THAT'S their choices. When they died and meet their Maker, then there's a DIFFERENT story. I can't be there to save them. They make their lives what they make it. That's people's decisions when God gave them choices.

:gpost:

EagleCherokee63,

FYI: I am a Christian like you, but I wanted to share a few observations.

First, what is your point in sharing the verses just now? Were you trying to target someone, or simply giving out a rhetorical thought?

Second, have you read the whole thread? If you have, you might realize that the article probably shouldn't have been created in the first place.

It employs "fear techniques", which is commonly used by terrorists. They use techniques like that to try to force people to believe in something.

The article in question that you've posted threatens non-Christians with immediant death if the non-Christian mocks God. Do you honestly believe this is true?

Take a look at Saul/Paul. He used to persecute Christians and blasphemy against God, so why did God choose to convert him? Why would He do this, convert a blasphemer? Instead of killing him shortly afterwards according to the article's faulty logic?

How many people are there in the world anyway? It is easy to find 10 examples of coincidental deaths out of 6.6 billion people.

There are also different levels of blasphemy based on a person's knowledge, and if God has been merciful to blasphemers in the past, then it can certainly happen again.

Cloggy-

Well, I thank you for your concern. I'm sure it makes you feel a lot better.

Regarding the picture: How does that insult God?
The Bible is written by people, based on stories of that day..
Then, it was written in Greek, then translated in other languages, and then there are different versions in every language....
SO, how would you know which one is the original story-book.

But, it doesn't matter. It's a storybook. With stories of that time. Intended to put fear in people. A loving God as long as you do as he says.... otherwise he'll kill you. (or she will kill you)

Look at yourself. You are so afraid to do something wrong..... All based on religion.

The human spirit should be free. Not kept in chains by books. Certainly not books written 1000's years ago that are based on myths.

Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Amen! God is love. God will take care his hands for them.

Bible JKV say,

Luke 12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, [and] be merry.

Luke 12:20 But God said unto him, [Thou] fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back