Netflix may have to provide closed captions online

If the company doesn't agree with the ruling, then it should offer a discount rate to its deaf customers. Very simple and common sense.

Not only will this not solve the problem, the company is not going to take a revenue cut for any particular group. Without good regulation which helps all parties you're just setting it up to fail.

Short term, the company isn't going to make money on captions, I believe it is too expensive in the beginning. I think long term they will eventually recoup and they know it.

Not only will this not solve the problem, the company is not going to take a revenue cut for any particular group. Without good regulation which helps all parties you're just setting it up to fail.

Short term, the company isn't going to make money on captions, I believe it is too expensive in the beginning. I think long term they will eventually recoup and they know it.
I guess you don't remember that long time ago we got the discounts to watch movies without captions at local theaters.

Saw this article re Netflix. Just like the rulings for other fare offered on the Internet, it's time to make things as accessible as possible. Theaters are now providing captioning with more technology becoming available. Etc. Each step along the way had it's legal battles to bring businesses into compliance. Not just for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Those in wheel chairs, etc. A compassionate and more advanced society would find these things automatic, not questionable or something to fight. We aren't getting there yet as a species, IMO. But we're working on it. Unfortunately it still takes lawsuits and laws to make it happen. Onward! :lol: JMO, of course. ;)

Back