needs a fashion wardrobe update...BADLY!

prada sack, rock n republic bottom, throw some cashmere tops in there alongside with a nice jumper or two

Go shopping. ;-)

Has your mom given you a budget of how much you can spend? Do you know pretty much what you want to keep, what you want to toss, and what you need to buy to fill in the gaps?

Rule of thumb: it's a good idea to look for quality in what you buy, not necessarily quantity. You will have less, but it will look better. Also think about what colors look good on you, and concentrate on those colors. When you buy things, try to stay within a certain color palette for your major things. That way you can stretch your wardrobe, mixing and matching your tops, jackets, and pants/skirts with a lot of variety. For that reason also, be careful with prints on your major pieces, because they can be more limiting.

If you really, really like a few of the scarves you have, look at what colors are in them, and think about why you like them. That might give you a good direction for your shopping.

My mom hasn't gave me a budget on how much she wants to spend. Because of school supplies and stuff. I think I might be going shopping with my mom probably near towards when school starts. Probably like 2 or 3 weeks before school starts.

I don't know how well you do without captions but segments of the Nate Berkus show are on his web site (the TV show is captioned but the web site is not) and it includes several things about jeans including this one about sizes and finding the right fit
Nate Berkus: Denim Sizing Secrets

I think you look fine. Everyone is different. If you want to change your wardrobe then by all means go for it. Have fun shopping and trying on new clothes. :)

ha ha my mom said the same thing to me when I was in middle school. I am still wearing a jean pants and cutesy tops to the day even though I am 41.

So far if you have already had jean pants.. start with this
picture-1.png
it is not the exactly tops but some ideas, go to Kohl's JcPenny Macy's big mall depts. If you like legging pants, then you need a oversize to cover your back and front similiar like this, buy a nice thick belts as well.
Fashion-clothes-2.jpeg
the legging pants look at this pants but oversize top look better to go with the legging pants than jeans. IMO
8722161925_400.jpg

But i know you will be overwhlemed with which clothes that you can feel comfortable.

try this khaki pants there have black grey brown or any colors but you have to try them on to see which brands that agrees with your bottom.
52B837A9.jpg

gooood luck!! just start with one at a time

FF, you are a fashion maven! Those are cute clothes.

Another thing, coolgirlspyer90 - before you go shopping, have your mom take your measurements, and then go online to your favorite manufacturers. See how you measure up to their size range. It could be that you're trying to fit into a junior size when you really should be wearing missy sizes. The difference is half an inch to an inch more in bust and hips in the missy vs. the juniors. Missy sizes are cut more to an hourglass shape; junior sizes are more of a straight shape with less indentation for the waist.

There is a general size range here with charts: U.S. Women's Apparel Size Charts

(Read through and click for charts for misses and junior sizes.) Every manufacturer cuts a little different, but at least it's a starting point. You might be a bit taller from waist to shoulder than what you were last year, bigger here, smaller there. Teenager's bodies can change a lot from year to year, so it's worth it to take the time to find out what your proportions really are.

Back