Need help on hearing aids.

I went from an Oticon to Phonak Naida's. My Oticon did have a much more natural sounding sound. The Phonaks do sound tinny and echoey, at first anyway. You get used to it though. Never tried a Widex or Starkey.

You know, it's wild, but I wonder if Unitrom ever made anlogs? When I was little, I thought I had worn Starkey my whole life, but actually the first analog I was fitted with was I think Unitrom....I know it started with a "u." BTW, lovezebras, if I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say you're thinking about Starkey. They're an old stand by as the company has been around forever, but when they moved into digitals, the quality was God awful. Of all the digital brands, they've been about the worst. Good customer service but a lousy product unfortunately....

It was analog Unitron HAs that I wore :) It was 15 years ago that I wore them.

Just been told by my mom that they were Unitron US80 PP HAs.

I went from an Oticon to Phonak Naida's. My Oticon did have a much more natural sounding sound. The Phonaks do sound tinny and echoey, at first anyway. You get used to it though. Never tried a Widex or Starkey.

A lot of people say that Oticon have more natural sound and I was curious to try the Oticon Chilli to see the different but was told the Oticon Chilli is not as powerful as the Naida UPs.

I've just looked at the different in power. The chili only goes to 82db and MPO of 141db. Never looked before but have always been curious as to the different.

A lot of people say that Oticon have more natural sound and I was curious to try the Oticon Chilli to see the different but was told the Oticon Chilli is not as powerful as the Naida UPs.

I've just looked at the different in power. The chili only goes to 82db and MPO of 141db. Never looked before but have always been curious as to the different.

That is exactly why I have a Phonak now instead of an Oticon ;)

This is mine audio gram, and I will try Phonak Naida soon. I am hoping I won't hear echo as much as starkey.

Left ear
85 @ 125
95 @ 250
95 @ 500
100 @ 1000
95 @ 2000
90 @ 4000
80 @ 8000

Right ear
85 @ 125
90 @ 250
95 @ 500
95 @ 1000
95 @ 2000
110 @ 4000
off chart @ 8000

Oticon Chilis are classed as suitable for severe to profound with a gain of 82db and MPO of 141db.

Phonak Naida UPs are classed as suitable for severe and profound with a gain of 85db and MPO of 144db.

If you are not worried about further loss and having space in your HAs then try the Oticon Chili, if you want room for further loss, then I would try the Phonak Naida UP.

Looks like (from what I understand) the Widex Super is a RIC? It has a gain of 87db but less MPO of 141db but is only suitable for severe to profound as it doesn't fit all the way down to 120db on the audiogram chart.

oh yeah, the Super is like a mini BTE that takes up a 675.

yeah try the Naidas as everyone around here has one and I have Oticons teehee! (I was completely BTE my whole life)

Back