Need help for links that don't open :(

I use "CCleaner Free" and it wont cost.
Thanks, I found it. :)

Well, I ran the CCleaner. I had high hopes for that but nothing changed. :(

I know my daughter had issues with IE, so now, we all use Google Chrome. I do have a lot of places I go that don't support Chrome, but more and more do. If they positively won't let me use Chrome, I will use IE, but I make sure to let the place know of the issues.

Now, for what you are experiencing. We haven't seen that on my new computer with Win7.

:rl:

No. I only use IE when I have to, mostly for college related stuff. I don't use it for my mail or web surfing.

I'm takling about "Home" page, when you first open IE, what website show up on first page? Just Google? or your favorite home page?

Like me, when I first open my IE, It open CNN on first tab, OWA on second tab, Fidelity on third tab. Those all default "Home" page that I want to open everytime I open IE.

I forgot one more thing, on hyper link, right right click on that hyperlink and select "Open Hypnerlink" and tell me what happen?

I'm takling about "Home" page, when you first open IE, what website show up on first page? Just Google? or your favorite home page?

Like me, when I first open my IE, It open CNN on first tab, OWA on second tab, Fidelity on third tab. Those all default "Home" page that I want to open everytime I open IE.

I forgot one more thing, on hyper link, right right click on that hyperlink and select "Open Hypnerlink" and tell me what happen?

So better way to remote desktop her computer? Save a lot time and quick to figure it out than this thread.

Just the home page of the college since that's what I use it for most.

I don't use it for anything else except occasionally for .mil or .gov sites that require IE.

OK, just a minute please. :)

OK, I'm back. We've got a severe thunderstorm warning here, so if I leave abruptly you'll understand.

When I right click on the hyperlink "open hyperlink" isn't an option. It does have "open," "open in new tab," and "open in new window" so I tried those. (I had tried those before on my own but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again.) Nothing except the blank page.

OK, I'm back. We've got a severe thunderstorm warning here, so if I leave abruptly you'll understand.

When I right click on the hyperlink "open hyperlink" isn't an option. It does have "open," "open in new tab," and "open in new window" so I tried those. (I had tried those before on my own but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again.) Nothing except the blank page.

Ok, then obviously there's a link error... by the way, when you say "link", are you talking about link from your e-mail, or link from your favorite folders?

Ok, then obviously there's a link error... by the way, when you say "link", are you talking about link from your e-mail, or link from your favorite folders?
Http links on webpages. Some connect and some don't. For example, on the college home page, the menu says, "To register for classes, click here." The underlined word/phrase would be a hyperlink to click to the registration page. Except it shows up blank. If I right click on the here and "copy shortcut", then paste it on a new tab, Enter, the page pops open.

Here's one such link:

SC TRAC - South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center

(On the home page menu it shows as "sctrac.org")

It doesn't open for me unless I copy and paste the url address.

Ok I suspect you have probably already thought of this but I like to solve computer problems starting at the simplest options ... could it be caused by your pop-up blocker?
That's the first thing I turned off. :)

That's the first thing I turned off. :)

I thought that was probably the case. Ok next simplest, have you deleted your IE cache (browsing history) and then rebooted? If that didn't work, you might want to try a DNS cache flush/deletion (that cache might be corrupted) and then reboot.

I thought that was probably the case. Ok next simplest, have you deleted your IE cache (browsing history) and then rebooted? If that didn't work, you might want to try a DNS cache flush/deletion (that cache might be corrupted) and then reboot.

Yeah..that what I was going to ask her about deleting cache and cookies. When she gave me the link, I try it and it work fine from here.

So, why not go ahead delete Browsing History, by default as shown in the pix.

Attachments

• DelBrowsingHist.JPG
    DelBrowsingHist.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 7
I have never used CCLeaner. Does it do a DNS flush as well as a cache clean?

Nope.

Reba, For DNS flush.

Try Start->type cmd then enter. Type ipconfig /flushdns then enter in the command.
I will when TCS gets off that computer. (I'm on my MacBook Pro right now.)

Back