Need advice for C.I

SxyPorki, I completely agree with your statement. I too feel that she is trying to change him. I also disagree with that.
But, Jillios' statement goes a little to far. She is making some statements that are quite condescending. Stating she is only interested in making her more like shipwreck is! And, stating she should move on and find a nice hearing boy to date! Screw that! I find that condescending and insulting! Just because she is hearing, she should go find a "nice hearing boy". The point I was trying to make is that Jillio has no clue based on this thread if shpwreck is hearing or not. She only knows that her boyfriend is deaf and she is trying to convince him to get a CI. Do I think its wrong of her to convince him to get a CI? Yes. But I also think its screwed up for Jillio to make those statemnts.
Change the story a bit. If there was a race issue and the boyfriend is black/asian/hispanic...whatever. Would the comment stating that she should stink with her own be accpetable? I sure as hell dont think so. Why dont you leave him alone and go find a nice black boy to date. F THAT!!
That statement is wrong no matter how you try to spin it or sugar coat it.
How would people here feel if they were trying to have a relationship with a hearing person and were told by a hearing person to go away and stick to your own? I'm sure, unfortunately that several here will respond saying that they have experienced this exact scenario that I said. But does that make it right to do back to a hearing person? NO.

Thank you very much.... i believe each person should make their own decisions after he aready had researched everything...It pissed me off... his gf is not satesfied about his decision.... anyone can lead a horse to the water place.. anyone cannot make horse to drink....
SxyPorkie

First of all, i read all those posts on this thread.

Okay, Shipwreck should have learn to be patience and can not to make her boyfriend to be hurry up to make his mind up. Yet i can feel that he want to take his time to make his own feeling to make this important decision for his own best. Because he hear there are always having 2 different side of stories about this C.I. people would think it could be very risking to having C.I or not maybe let him having to settle down make his own decision .
Secondly i do not believe that the teacher had came to her about this think he have waste his life etc... this one i do not believe it . This teacher is not to be very professional to come to her (his gf) instead talk to his parents.
If the teacher start to worry or any concern over this person should write a letter or talk to his parents. so have to leave it from there .
And i does to understand he will be nervous to go the deaf school, I only hope he will turn out to be alright.
We all does have fear what feel to think right for us what we want to do with life or better life, In the end it will turn to be alright if they choose to stick when they have make the desicion.
If this person who is * shipwreck* does love her boyfriend should have to follow his wish and be there to support him all the way, Or have to accept what he has want to wish for. Good luck

Okay myself against to having C.I because i am happy what i am as this deaf person since birth . :)

First of all, i read all those posts on this thread.

Okay, Shipwreck should have learn to be patience and can not to make her boyfriend to be hurry up to make his mind up. Yet i can feel that he want to take his time to make his own feeling to make this important decision for his own best. Because he hear there are always having 2 different side of stories about this C.I. people would think it could be very risking to having C.I or not maybe let him having to settle down make his own decision .
Secondly i do not believe that the teacher had came to her about this think he have waste his life etc... this one i do not believe it . This teacher is not to be very professional to come to her (his gf) instead talk to his parents.
If the teacher start to worry or any concern over this person should write a letter or talk to his parents. so have to leave it from there .
And i does to understand he will be nervous to go the deaf school, I only hope he will turn out to be alright.
We all does have fear what feel to think right for us what we want to do with life or better life, In the end it will turn to be alright if they choose to stick when they have make the desicion.
If this person who is * shipwreck* does love her boyfriend should have to follow his wish and be there to support him all the way, Or have to accept what he has want to wish for. Good luck

Okay myself against to having C.I because i am happy what i am as this deaf person since birth . :)

yes... shipwreck lied... i know laws... it is against law to talk to other people about his student... teachers must discuss with the parents or guardians... shipwreck made a fool out of us just because we are deaf and not knowing about the laws... {Mod Edit}... most of us knows...
SxyPorkie

Last edited by a moderator:
yes... shipwreck lied... i know laws... it is against law to talk to other people about his student... teachers must discuss with the parents or guardians... shipwreck made a fool out of us just because we are deaf and not knowing about the laws... {Mod Edit}... most of us knows...
SxyPorkie

You assume too much

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much.... i believe each person should make their own decisions after he aready had researched everything...It pissed me off... his gf is not satesfied about his decision.... anyone can lead a horse to the water place.. anyone cannot make horse to drink....
SxyPorkie

Are you even reading my posts? I never ever said he had to get CI, we were just curious to learn about them so I decided to join this website and research CI here

Shipwreck.... you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink the water... sounds like you are selfish... it is his own decision ,,, not yours!! dont force him..... respect him and accept him or leave him...
SxyPorkie

Ok you need hooked on phonics, read all of my post not in a single one do I mention pressuring him to make decisions
all I said is that if I was in his shoes I'd handle the situation differently.

yes... shipwreck lied... i know laws... it is against law to talk to other people about his student... teachers must discuss with the parents or guardians... shipwreck made a fool out of us just because we are deaf and not knowing about the laws... she is stupid... most of us knows...
SxyPorkie

You know I'd explain the whole situation to you but all you'd do is twist my words around, call me a liar, stupid , etc...
I asked for advice not attitude

Ok since some of you like to assume quite a bit I'm going to say this:
-All I want is advice not critism
-I love, support, and accept him no matter what
-I'm very aware it's his decision
-I not trying to change him
So you can all stop with your little assumptions

and may I point this out to a certain someone insulting someone over the computer makes you no better and it is also very immature

lastly why do some of you assume I have something against deaf people, why the hell would I be dating one if I had a problem with them.

Hey folks -

Please refrain yourself from calling this person stupid or liar or whatnot...it is totally unnecessary.

She came here for advice, not your judgement.

Ok since some of you like to assume quite a bit I'm going to say this:
-All I want is advice not critism
-I love, support, and accept him no matter what
-I'm very aware it's his decision
-I not trying to change him
So you can all stop with your little assumptions

and may I point this out to a certain someone insulting someone over the computer makes you no better and it is also very immature

lastly why do some of you assume I have something against deaf people, why the hell would I be dating one if I had a problem with them.

I have to apologize for some Aders who would stoop this low to call you names or whatnot.

Not all of us are like that - I am glad that you came here to get some resources and advice.

Ignore these who think they know everything from your short stories, etc.

Hugs

I have to apologize for some Aders who would stoop this low to call you names or whatnot.

Not all of us are like that - I am glad that you came here to get some resources and advice.

Ignore these who think they know everything from your short stories, etc.

Hugs

as you know it is against the law for teachers talk to student s gf... teacher is to contact the student s parents or guardian to discuss.. teacher is not supposed to discuss the problem with the gf of the students... it is law... it is impossible that teacher came to her... unless teacher broke the law...

as you know it is against the law for teachers talk to student s gf... teacher is to contact the student s parents or guardian to discuss.. teacher is not supposed to discuss the problem with the gf of the students... it is law... it is impossible that teacher came to her... unless teacher broke the law...

Well then I guess they broke the law, like I said it wasn't the best idea for the teacher to do that

Well then I guess they broke the law, like I said it wasn't the best idea for the teacher to do that

If that teacher had broken the law..it is your duty to report... you could have of telling that teacher not to discuss with youl. for that teacher to discuss with the parents... It is your duty..

If it was my son's teacher goes behind my back to discuss with my son 's gf.. I would report the law right away and sue that teacher for all .. I would have a right to protect kids' private..

You did not report.. you went along to discuss with that teacher.. it is wrong..
SxyPorkie

Mod Note:

Upon reviewing this thread, apparently there is a few members here apparently jumping to conclusions or assuming too much based on what information which was given by the creator of this thread.

It's obvious that this creator came to 'us' (AD'ers) in need of help, support and advice...the member didn't come here to be 'judged' or to be put down. C'mon, give her every opportunity she could surely use...by giving encouragements, the support/rapport...good suggestions, etc.,....

Also, I don't see anywhere that she has indicated she's pressuring her loving bf into making 'rash' decisions.

Lastly, let's keep the attitude in check and be more willing to present a positive one...one whereas she can be readily grateful and more appreciative of what AD'ers can give. Wouldn't you think so...heck, it sure would be a much better feeling than to feel like being 'spit upon' in the way some of the attitude is showing in this thread. If that can't be done in an orderly way, then expect 'warnings' and possibly other actions if it warrants it.

Bottom line...let's show more support, help, etc..., that's the kind of pride and goodness we all can greatly benefit from. ;)

~RR

Last edited:
If that teacher had broken the law..it is your duty to report... you could have of telling that teacher not to discuss with youl. for that teacher to discuss with the parents... It is your duty..

If it was my son's teacher goes behind my back to discuss with my son 's gf.. I would report the law right away and sue that teacher for all .. I would have a right to protect kids' private..

You did not report.. you went along to discuss with that teacher.. it is wrong..
SxyPorkie

When did I ever say I went along with the teacher?

I told his parents about the incident,and they said if it hapend again they would take care of it.

You are liar... you said you had encouraged your bf to have CI.... he was doubting about CI ... he even told you that it is too risky.. you still push CI on him... You are wrong... If you cannot accept him as he is deaf and does not want to have CI.... leave him alone or accept him as he is that way..SO BE IT!!!! i have no respect for you at all not even one drop... you make me sick...
SxyPorkie

No what I said was I talked to him about CI (meaning if he knew what they were etc...) and then he said that they were risky, so i left it at that I didn't push or pressure him one bit (contrary to what you belive), then we both decided research CI so I joined this site in hopes for advice NOT CRITISM AND JUDGEMENT. I accept eveything about him and I don't understand why some of you think I don't, I don't care if he gets a CI or not i just wanted to research the options and maybe talk to people who have been in a situation similar to his. Okay are we clear now? And the fact that you have no respect for me doesn't bother me in the least bit.

By the way ask Santa for some reading glasses this Christmas

Last edited:
You need to re read whole thing... she is wrong to pressure her boyfriend to ahve CI.. IT IS CLEAR SHE IS NOT ACCEPTING HIM AS DEAF.... It is her boyfriend s decision to do what he thinks is best... she should accept ... take or leave....
SxyPOrkie

IT IS CLEAR YOU CAN'T READ

yeah I know - way late post

SxyPorkie
SxyPorkie:

STFU

Back