Naidas and the dust cover over the microphones

This is the integrated receiver on the bottom of the Naida.

Do FM receivers cost a lot? My parents looked into getting me one for school when I was little, but apparently I didn't qualify for the school to supply one at the time, so I've never had one. I don't know if its worth it now though, only really having less than a year and a half of high school left...:hmm:

Do FM receivers cost a lot? My parents looked into getting me one for school when I was little, but apparently I didn't qualify for the school to supply one at the time, so I've never had one. I don't know if its worth it now though, only really having less than a year and a half of high school left...:hmm:

I used a FM for work. Doesn't have to be just for school altho a lot of people do you them for school. They do cost quite a bit tho but you could use it for remainder of school and then use it at work or college etc.

Maybe consider the new Phonak Bluetooth RemoteMic which works with the iCom & ComPilot? Just an idea. Don't know how we'll it would work in school, but it's a lot less expensive.

Maybe consider the new Phonak Bluetooth RemoteMic which works with the iCom & ComPilot? Just an idea. Don't know how we'll it would work in school, but it's a lot less expensive.

Very good idea, works the same just cheaper :)

I know I am reviving an old thread BUT . . . the small booklet size User Guide that came with my Naida Q90-UP from June of 2013 (USA model) does NOT talk about doing this.

I would like to check on what is available for the right thing as a DIY item and compare it to what my dispensor would want.

She is not an audiologist but has been in business for over 25 years and has such a good reputation that the local ENT no longer employes an audiologist!

Good info on changing the mic filters.
What about he ear hook filter?
Does it need changing, taken out or ear hook replaced?

I know I am reviving an old thread BUT . . . the small booklet size User Guide that came with my Naida Q90-UP from June of 2013 (USA model) does NOT talk about doing this.

I would like to check on what is available for the right thing as a DIY item and compare it to what my dispensor would want.

She is not an audiologist but has been in business for over 25 years and has such a good reputation that the local ENT no longer employes an audiologist!

Maybe you need to use your common sense?! :hmm:

Good info on changing the mic filters.
What about he ear hook filter?
Does it need changing, taken out or ear hook replaced?

The ear hook is fine to leave. I've never had one block on me before and it shouldn't be a problem if you keep good care of your hearing aids.

The ear hook is fine to leave. I've never had one block on me before and it shouldn't be a problem if you keep good care of your hearing aids.

I think it will come down to have active you are. I have had my hooks replaced 5 times or so in the last 2 years because they have become blocked. They have also given me hooks without the filter since I have a moisture problem, but I'd rather have the hooks to prevent any issues.

The mic filters themselves, I was given a packet to change them and I'd say I change my filters every 3 months or so depending on how active I've been. I like working out and I try as much as I can not to wear my HA's, but sometimes I do in order to talk with people. Ride quads and do carpentry as well, so I'm around rough elements a lot.

Edit: Little late to the party... Sorry.

Back