Naidas and the dust cover over the microphones

Oc318

Reaction score
According to the Naida manuals, they have a dust cover over the microphones that will become dirty over time and need to be replaced. How sure are we that replacements will still be available 10 years down the road?

If you buy Naida and you are really that worried about it, buy a large quantity to store.

I bought 12 packs of protectors off eBay for really cheap. I'm not one of these people that don't like to change HAs. I wore my last set of HAs for 16 years.

I also was given lots of ear hooks from my Audi for the same reason.

I bought 12 packs of protectors off eBay for really cheap. I'm not one of these people that don't like to change HAs. I wore my last set of HAs for 16 years.

I also was given lots of ear hooks from my Audi for the same reason.

Can you change them yourself? cos the manual says you have to have the audi change it. Also what are they called on Ebay?

Can you change them yourself? cos the manual says you have to have the audi change it. Also what are they called on Ebay?

I gather you don't have much experience with hearing aids?

Here is a tutorial for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbUURSjWIgI]phonak naida mic guards - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks... I wouldn't have thought of finding one on Youtube :)

No problem. Here is a link for the mic protectors.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PHONAK-Wind-Weather-Protector-long/dp/B0085BU7MM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362887157&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=phonak+wind+and+weather+protector+naida]Amazon.com: PHONAK Wind and Weather Protector (long): Health & Personal Care[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PHONAK-Wind-Weather-Protector-short/dp/B0081UCLZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1362901323&sr=1-1&keywords=Phonak+wind+and+weather+protector]Amazon.com: PHONAK Wind and Weather Protector (short): Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Here are the right ones :)

The You Tube video is great. I watched it when I first got my Naidas but one thing it doesn't show, is there is a protector on the bottom of the battery draw which needs to be changed as well otherwise air won't get to battery and the Naida will cut out all the time. I do find tho, that you don't have to change the battery draw one as much as the mic protectors.

The You Tube video is great. I watched it when I first got my Naidas but one thing it doesn't show, is there is a protector on the bottom of the battery draw which needs to be changed as well otherwise air won't get to battery and the Naida will cut out all the time. I do find tho, that you don't have to change the battery draw one as much as the mic protectors.

Oh eep.. and where do you get that changed? do they really cut down on wind noise? also, does ComPilot work if it's on the table and you're sitting on the chair and your knees are drawn up to your chest? what about if you turn your head? I find that Streamer dies all the time if it's on the table and I turn my head too far to the left or right, of if I have my knees in between it and the aids.

Also, for some reason one aid loses feed and regains it, that's actually mentioned in the manual, that one aid will drop and regain the signal, the dead air that causes is just annoying :P

You just change the battery draw one like you do with the mics ones, just the same.

I only have the Naida S III UPs which don't have wind block feature but I hear no wind which is great. So I guess yes, the mic protectors help with wind noise.

It will depend from person to person tho as I know someone with the Naida V UPs which have the wind block feature and she can still hear the wind.

It may depend on how your Naidas are set up and also your test results as well.

From what I understand the compilot will only work round your neck.

From looking at your test results, you would like the sound recover feature that is in the Naidas :)

From what I understand the compilot will only work round your neck.

From looking at your test results, you would like the sound recover feature that is in the Naidas :)

You don't have a ComPilot? well they said the Streamer would only work around your neck too.. but I have it on the desk and it works unless I turn my head to the left or right, or have my knees in front of it. So I'm wondering about the Compilot now.

Yes Sound Recover sounds like fun.

You don't have a ComPilot? well they said the Streamer would only work around your neck too.. but I have it on the desk and it works unless I turn my head to the left or right, or have my knees in front of it. So I'm wondering about the Compilot now.

Yes Sound Recover sounds like fun.

Oticon streamer and Phonak streamer aka compilot works differently to each other. I DID have the compilot but not any more. It only works round your neck or if you put it over your shoulder but then you will only hear it thru the ear which is nearer.

Oticon streamer and Phonak streamer aka compilot works differently to each other. I DID have the compilot but not any more. It only works round your neck or if you put it over your shoulder but then you will only hear it thru the ear which is nearer.

Oh darn... why does such a good HA have such a crappy streamer. I'll get one when they come up with a Compilot that is better than Oticon's Streamer :)

Oh darn... why does such a good HA have such a crappy streamer. I'll get one when they come up with a Compilot that is better than Oticon's Streamer :)

It's actually known for the compilot to be better then the Oticon streamer already...

It's actually known for the compilot to be better then the Oticon streamer already...

But I don't like to have things around my neck.. maybe the FM/telecoil thing will work. I should try that :)

But I don't like to have things around my neck.. maybe the FM/telecoil thing will work. I should try that :)

I now use the FM and its way clearer then the compilot. I used integrated receivers on my Naidas so I don't have to worry about them :)

This is the integrated receiver on the bottom of the Naida.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 13
Back