Myths and lies about CIs . . .

gnulinuxman said:
The point is that they are not the cure-all for deafness that many parents wish or want to think it is. Oh, and do you even know what a "straw man" fallacy is? (you've used it against me a number of times)So this "cochlear implants are not expensive" thing isn't a valid argument because it isn't true everywhere.It seems you want to "save" deaf kids from a "terrible world of silence" ASAP in this comment. How do you know that the kids who grew up with the cochlear implant from a young age weren't forced to be hearing? Maybe the ones who got it later in life didn't "benefit" because they didn't want it. Not everybody wants to hear. But, as the saying goes "Hook 'em early, and you got them for life."How about her siblings? I know some people who got their implants after they were old enough to decide and do really well with them.

If you'd actually TALK to the parents of implanted children (there are several here you know) you'd know that the #1 reason behind implanting early is NOT to "save a chld from a terrible world of silence" but to give them the benefit of linguistic communication, which is EASIEST when done early. The children implanted are STILL deaf. Nobody denies that. You need to stop and realize that aproximately 90% (or more?) of deaf children are born to HEARING families. Its natural for them to want their children to be able to interact with the hearing (and the deaf) worlds.

You keep meantioning "being forced to hear"....as if hearing is a bad/abusive thing? I've never known hearing to hurt anybody.

neecy said:
If you'd actually TALK to the parents of implanted children (there are several here you know) you'd know that the #1 reason behind implanting early is NOT to "save a chld from a terrible world of silence" but to give them the benefit of linguistic communication, which is EASIEST when done early. The children implanted are STILL deaf. Nobody denies that. You need to stop and realize that aproximately 90% (or more?) of deaf children are born to HEARING families. Its natural for them to want their children to be able to interact with the hearing (and the deaf) worlds.

You keep meantioning "being forced to hear"....as if hearing is a bad/abusive thing? I've never known hearing to hurt anybody.
Are we really going to ruin Boults Topic that has been here for 3 years...

Moderator... could you please move all the irrelevant posts to a new topic?

My bad. You're right. Moving them to a more relevant thread would be best.

Cloggy, it is not my thread, it was Bush_in_2004's thread... no worries. :D

This user hasn't been around for ages.. he left DN, DOL, DF, AD for good. He 's busy raising his family probably...

neecy said:

Well put neecy....we'll see when he has a child and god forbid the child is born blind, and there is some new technology out there to help his child see, then we will see what he has to say

kayla123 said:
Well put neecy....we'll see when he has a child and god forbid the child is born blind, and there is some new technology out there to help his child see, then we will see what he has to say

Some sort of visual device for blind people may not be far off click here They are currently running trials.

But hey - they might not want to see! :ugh3:

DefLord said:
Well he surely ain't speaking for me.. I'm a deaf person and he ain't talking for me. He is probably just talking this way to impress his lady - Basically get over it - NOT all deaf people think and are alike.

That is one of my suspicions -- he's like a buck in a rut in November :drool:

Sighs.. This is totally sicko and chiidlish to take out on someone without your knowledge that is totally the same old shyte behavior cycle here. It s same old behavior cycle that people with audist attitude.

Perfect example what they are doing it to Deaf Leaders as well in our Deaf Community.

It s same old behavior cycle here that this url is a very good example. http://alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=28171&page=1&pp=20 and http://alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=27706 The one sided followers are not showing their respects for any Deaf with or without HA and ex CI or HA who are the part of Deaf community. That shows their intention to be destroy people who told the truth and wants to help the parent to see two sides not one sided from you people's audist attitude only.

These urls showed the true color that they have no respect for me and some others.

No wonder it s nothing new Jake O Donnell, Policeforum, Whistleblower, and many other nicknames that he is the same person all along.. Why cant he just show who he is with ONE nickname only that I knew this man who is very bittered and trying to destroy Deaf community all along. He wants all Deaf children to have CI that is more of same cult group, they used an excuse about biblical quote turned out very negative about our deafness. I dont have any respect any of it. So therefore he is a big loser. And some of you are acting like him.

I can see people have no good feelings about themselves for/by being deaf. I actually feel sorry for people who doesnt have a healthy mind or emotional / mental abuse that has been scarred.

He is hiding as usual that doesnt mean he told the truth about Deaf community since his mom is deaf, two deaf brothers and his father is hearing. Whats more he is latened deaf at 10 and make it look bad for all latened deaf people however, I know some Latened Deaf like CSN/Bear have a very positive outlook about being deaf and true language that they discovered. They loves it. I know who Jake is that loves to destroy our true language and Deaf community.

Thank you! ;)

Have a nice life!
Sweetmind

Last edited:
"Tell the mothers I said,

"Help your child; you are the adult, you bear the burden of resposibility to give the child all the possibilities life can give.""

Definitely not Harlan Lane

DefLord said:
Well he surely ain't speaking for me.. I'm a deaf person and he ain't talking for me. He is probably just talking this way to impress his lady - Basically get over it - NOT all deaf people think and are alike.

Sooooooo true.

Cloggy said:
"Tell the mothers I said,

"Help your child; you are the adult, you bear the burden of resposibility to give the child all the possibilities life can give.""

Definitely not Harlan Lane
You're such a hypocrite. You call Sweetmind a broken record, yet you do the same thing...

Stagnate

gnulinuxman said:
You're such a hypocrite. You call Sweetmind a broken record, yet you do the same thing...
Not as often as your signature! :)

But seriously, I'm stating my opinion with a 2006 quote. Sweetmind is quoting her opinion with a 1993 quote.

My quote has evolved in the years like technology... hers is frozen in time, stagnated.
Have you ever heared about stagnate water?

Last edited:
he left DN, DOL, DF, AD for good.
YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Negative Boy is no longer around! I can't stand him......so fucking negative about Deaf culture and ASL....Sure there are downsides and not so good things, but that's true with almost EVERY culture and language!!!!!
Cloggy, agreed!!!! When people who are very noslagic about the old days (eg the Ku Klux Klan) they don't realize that culture EVOLVES and CHANGES!!!!!! It doesn't stay the same!

deafdyke said:
YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Negative Boy is no longer around! I can't stand him......so fucking negative about Deaf culture and ASL....Sure there are downsides and not so good things, but that's true with almost EVERY culture and language!!!!!
Cloggy, agreed!!!! When people who are very noslagic about the old days (eg the Ku Klux Klan) they don't realize that culture EVOLVES and CHANGES!!!!!! It doesn't stay the same!

Agreed - evolution is a great thing!

After all - didn't the deaf community decry hearing aids as the downfall of deaf culture when they were first invented? And yet deaf culture is as strong as it ever has been. People have realized, they've evolved. Give them time, and I hope everybody realizes that change is a good thing. Nobody likes living in a vacuum.

deafdyke said:
DD, Nah, he's not negative. he has seen what you haven't seen.

I am sure you will say "yahoo" if I leave those forums for good. whoope doo!

and I doubt it will be permanently. He may come back someday. Like I said he's busy raising his family.

I agree with Boult; I didn't see him being negative.

If anything, I thought he had a wicked sense of humor :bowlol:

I want to point out I was agreeing with DeafDyke that everything evolves, not that the guy has left the forum . I don't even know who he is. Just clearning that up.

R2D2 said:
Some sort of visual device for blind people may not be far off click here They are currently running trials.
I saved that link that you posted. I know some people who are going blind and I am going to pass that to them. Thanks :)

But hey - they might not want to see! :ugh3:
Well, if I was going blind I would rather have my sight restored than be able to hear :)

ButterflyGirl said:
Well, if I was going blind I would rather have my sight restored than be able to hear :)

Well, gee, that is how hearing people feel about going deaf, too! :shocked:

Back