myspace news.. anyone else heard this

ella

Reaction score
Myspace.com Shutting Down!
By Frank Robinson

"A Place For Friends" is the slogan of the most popular Website to ever hit the internet. But in the last year, this slogan may not be telling the whole truth. Several cases where older men try to meet younger people have originated on the Website. Although most of the plans middle-aged men have tried to set up with a younger crowd - preferably young girls - have been stopped before going any further, reports say that internet dates have been set up over myspace with older males and younger females a total of three times with a most unfortunate outcome. On the brightside, Myspace.com, established in 2003, has shown that it is a great place to catch the stalkers in the act. In March 2006 two high school boys who remain anonymous, had created a fake Myspace account as just a prank to a female friend of theirs, only a man interested in metting young women had found the fake account, and began sending obscene messages. The two boys had reported the dirty messages to local police station, and managed to track down, and apprehend the online-stalker before he had the chance to try meeting other girls. Another report states that a case where plans of two bullied kids in a california high school exchanged information on plans to kill students at their high school, were stopped as soon as the messages was founded by a site opperator, both accounts were deleted, and both students were expelled and couseled by the state mental institution. But in the three cases where young women were killed after meeting men who disguised themselves as young, attractive men, Internet Patrolsmen in Washington D.C., state that "This is three deaths too many.". Myspace.com founder Tom(keeps his last name disclosed to the public), says not only did he never think his website would make it this big, he would have never thought it would create so much controversy. Myspace.com rules and regulations state that you must be 14 years of age or older to own a Myspace.com account, children violate this rule all the time with kids at the age of 12 or even 11, own and operate their own account on the site that currently has over 76 million users! The website can be customized into the liking of any user from backrounds, to pictures and videos. Since its opening in 2003, Myspace.com has branched off into accounts like Myspace Music, and just recently Myspace Comedy. But its run as the most biggest site in the history of the internet is coming to a close, as Internet Patrolsmen Headquarters in Washington D.C. filed seven internet violations against Myspace.com with violations such as issuing accounts to underaged children, and safty regulations concerning the three raped, and murdered girls, internet threats, place of communication for dangerous plans, and so on. "I understand the dangers of Myspace.com, and although I'm deepy sad to see it end, I know it's for the best, and I'm glad that I was the leader of the biggest site in history" says Tom. The Website will shut down as of June 30th 2006 at 12:00 midnight.

© 2006 MSB Network. All rights Reserved.

i really don't care if it shuts down ... i know some people are obsessed with that site.

wow that is sad. It was fun for me to do layout on myspace with all the design and add the pictures.

I will miss my space.com :cry:

it is so sad to see alot of hackers and pathetic people out there nowadays !!

but then again it could be made up... don't you think tom would of posted a bulletin about it shutting down thats where i not im not sure if its true.

I'll see with my own eye on June 30th. But I will be in Los Angeles for 3 weeks.

MY myspace screen name is redten and I'm pretty glad I didnt put much of energy into it because I knew it wouldnt last.

Richard

yea i saw it on the dateline last week abt myspace and men try sex with young girls.. smh

I have good reason to beleave this information to be false. First I can not find the quoted artical anywhere. Second the things talked about in this artical have been going on since the internet began and it happens all the time else where because parents aren't aware of their kids online activities. When I was young my father used to talk all the time about bad emails and scams. He would encourge me to find them, point them out, and delete them. I learned early and well that I had to watch out for things online. There needs to be more trainning for parents and kids, that's all. Thirdly, MySpace.com is a cash cow, and thats why the company that owns it is most likely going to be bought for $580 million in cash!
http://www.goodsearch.com/Search.aspx?CharityID=807571&Keywords=myspace.com+News+Corp

Now stop beleaving everything you read and start looking up stuff for yourselves!

Beth Koenig
bethko@gmail.com

MySpace is just like Ringo and Tickle. It's not the website's fault that these things are happening. It's the members' fault.

If you want to shut down MySpace, you might as well shut down Tickle or Ringo... even AOL or MSN! They all have chat rooms and instant messaging where anyone can talk with each other.

In reality, it's the parents' responsibility. They should be watching over what their children do online.

VamPyroX said:
MySpace is just like Ringo and Tickle. It's not the website's fault that these things are happening. It's the members' fault.

If you want to shut down MySpace, you might as well shut down Tickle or Ringo... even AOL or MSN! They all have chat rooms and instant messaging where anyone can talk with each other.

In reality, it's the parents' responsibility. They should be watching over what their children do online.

I MOST definitely agree with you!!! You cannot prevent anyone from getting in touch with others on the internet but you (as parents) can teach your children what is appropriate and what is not.

SilverPanda said:
I MOST definitely agree with you!!! You cannot prevent anyone from getting in touch with others on the internet but you (as parents) can teach your children what is appropriate and what is not.
There is a commercial on television that fits this perfectly. It shows this young girl telling us how she knows what she's doing and how she needs to be trusted with being with an older guy she met online. At the same time, the older guy is telling us how he plans to get her for himself for the wrong reasons.

VamPyroX said:

DAMN STRAIGHT!

VamPyroX said:

i agree you cant shut the site down and if they did then might as well shut all sites down? jeez. i dont think myspace will be shut down.

VamPyroX said:

yea i agree with u 1,000% u got good point!

Why do you think I put my computer in the living room?? HUH?? I am always here to watch what my son doing on the internet. One time he wanted in his bedroom I said NOOOO!!!

Mama2AFTIV said:
I'll see with my own eye on June 30th. But I will be in Los Angeles for 3 weeks.

Welcome to LA and hope you have great time in LA :)

It wasn't website fault, that is members and parent fault because parent don't take good care with children. Just suppose not let children to use internet or need surf internet with parent, just watch at them. I just ignored many of fake messages but I just use source code to find out and I'm not stupid about it. There's good members like sweetheart, sequoias and some other forumers.

This looks like more of a prank.

If MySpace.com was to shut down, its parent company, Media Corporation (owner of Fox News, etc) would have something to allow youse know in advance before they do such.

MySpace will not be shut down. They have not done anything illegal. They continue to police and monitor any unusual activity reported to them. There is zero reason for it to be shut down any more than any other site that allows members to chat with each other, so this is a complete rumor with ZERO cites to back it up.

"MSB Network" is a FAKE cite.

Back