Myspace.com

dunno how to post the link, sexymum77, never used for long :Oops:

It seems that FOX is making money off you all for being on myspace.com

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/index.php?p=136
“Mr. Levinsohn says he also hopes to raise ad rates by collecting more user data so advertisers can find the most promising prospects. To use the site, people need to provide their age, location and sex, and often volunteer their sexual orientation and personal interests. Some of that information is already being used to select ads to display. Soon, the site will track when users visit profile pages and other sections devoted to topics of interest to advertisers.”

few has asked if I have myspace.com and I said no cuz I am not interested in it when I already have tickle.com, hi5.com, ringo.com, bebo.com and I already have a blog (as shown in profile) and I also have LJ that I hardly post to but use LJ username for posting my comments on other LJ users' sites.

There is another that is growing rapidly like myspace.com did, it is cyworld.com but for US just enter this url http://us.cyworld.com/ since if you just go to cyworld.com it will be not in english. It's Korean I guess
I learned about this on: http://gigaom.com/2006/04/16/will-cyworld-stop-myspace-juggernaut/

There's a school in Texas that has banned MySpace from their computers. The reason for this is because a lot of their bandwidth is consumed by people viewing MySpace.

I do agree with this because I think a lot of people go overboard with the graphics, fonts, animations, videos, music, etc.

Sometimes, I'll visit a profile and it would take longer to load. Even though I'm using a high-speed internet connection, it still loads slowly. Those profiles will have animated background images, scrolling animated text, slide shows, video files, music files, flashing fonts, etc... enough to give anyone a headache. To me, those profiles are... UGLY! Yep... very UGLY!

I have a MySpace profile and I like to keep it simple. If I had a bunch of pictures, it would still be simple cuz the pictures are in an album. Video files? What for? A bad website uses a video file on the front page. A bad website uses a music file on the front page. A good website uses minimum information on a front page.

VamPyroX said:
Sometimes, I'll visit a profile and it would take longer to load. Even though I'm using a high-speed internet connection, it still loads slowly. Those profiles will have animated background images, scrolling animated text, slide shows, video files, music files, flashing fonts, etc... enough to give anyone a headache. To me, those profiles are... UGLY! Yep... very UGLY.

Hey! My profile is ugly? :(

Cheri said:

Not ugly .. your profile is nice and scandalous :mrgreen:

but my old computer is too slow to load your home page so it nearly locks when I try to see yours.. so I couldn't view the page properly :dunno:

FreeWoman77,

I add you, all you have to do is press approved. :thumb:

First all I want to say, I agreed theres alots of programs as hi5, ringo, tickles, friendster, facebook, etc.. too much of those.. Only I few joined. So far I fell in love with myspace, its very addictive! It make people to feel their own personalities to create their homepage, and enjoy to look around, and share their photos. I know its a high bandwith, and i feel bad for those dial up also, they should have set up people for dial up and high speed for myspace.

I really love the "Myspace" :) After i joined couple weeks

SherryCherish said:
First all I want to say, I agreed theres alots of programs as hi5, ringo, tickles, friendster, facebook, etc.. too much of those.. Only I few joined. So far I fell in love with myspace, its very addictive! It make people to feel their own personalities to create their homepage, and enjoy to look around, and share their photos. I know its a high bandwith, and i feel bad for those dial up also, they should have set up people for dial up and high speed for myspace.

I really love the "Myspace" :) After i joined couple weeks

Can I add? lol :lol:

Cheri said:
Whoa, your profile is over 3 MB!!! The normal images are over 2 MB. The images in the scrolling photo albums increase the page size to over 3 MB. Having too many animated GIFs caused the page to load slower.

Even a page full of tiny animated smilies could slow down the loading process. ;)

VamPyroX said:
Whoa, your profile is over 3 MB!!! The normal images are over 2 MB. The images in the scrolling photo albums increase the page size to over 3 MB. Having too many animated GIFs caused the page to load slower.

Even a page full of tiny animated smilies could slow down the loading process. ;)

How do you know if it is over 3 MB?? :dunno:

Back