My type of house

reba. u got a beautiful landscape. :)

currently i live in a studio on 8th floor in downtown atlanta. its size is much like hotel room( one bed, one kitchen and a bath) :( but i enjoy living in there.

my dream home wud be a modern home with alot alot alot of big windows in mountains like philip johnson's glasshouse.
johnson-glasshouse-pp.jpg

http://architecture.about.com/library/blmies-farnsworth.htm

or the fallingwater home
fw-summer.jpg

deafclimber said:
reba. u got a beautiful landscape. :)

currently i live in a studio on 8th floor in downtown atlanta. its size is much like hotel room( one bed, one kitchen and a bath) :( but i enjoy living in there.

my dream home wud be a modern home with alot alot alot of big windows in mountains like philip johnson's glasshouse.
johnson-glasshouse-pp.jpg

http://architecture.about.com/library/blmies-farnsworth.htm

or the fallingwater home
fw-summer.jpg

is this llyod wright's house in pa?? i love his house and the design! very unique designs..

Right now I am living in a mobile home with 3 bedroom and extra room for computer for my son. I love it but only for a short time cuz I hate to pay for the park rent and rules from the manager. Geez.

You are right DeafScuba89, that house in SF have no yard and I would rather have plenty of yard and plenty for a horse to roam. LOL

My dream house would be in Log cabin if I can find it for a foreclosure who knows.

I will have to look for my pix of my mobile home and I will post it in here. :D

zesty said:
is this llyod wright's house in pa?? i love his house and the design! very unique designs..

yep that is the fallingwater house that FLW designed. FLW is one of my favorite architects.

deafclimber said:
yep that is the fallingwater house that FLW designed. FLW is one of my favorite architects.
Yes, FLW was good at blending natural landscape with buildings.

If you can't afford a full FLW house, you can build one with Lincoln Logs. :) FLW's son, John Lloyd Wright, invented Lincoln Logs.

Tousi said:
That's right, DeafScuba: Where's the frigging yard? Must be an oversized nail clippers in the garage to do the Saturday morning mowing with! :D
I think some of the San Fran houses have large public parks nearby. But I know what you mean; I like a private yard and some "breathing space" between houses. Some people do prefer the "hustle and bustle" of exciting city life, some prefer quiet privacy.

My fave/dream home for many years were the log homes but for the past 7-8 years my fave has been the timberframe home, a building concept/technique that has been around for hundreds of years. . . It is also sometimes called "post and beam".
Yes, those are very flexible for planning interior space because they don't depend on load-bearing walls. Very good for open designs.

Yeah, let's see a picture! :)

Reba said:
Yes, FLW was good at blending natural landscape with buildings.

YES that is right. the homes or buildings shud be blended with natures. the natures are so beautiful !

Reba,

You have a very beauitful home...plan on selling it to me? :lol: ...

*back to the topic*

I will post something later on

btw nice house everyone ;)

My dream house is.. Have a nice house for me and my family and having 80 to 150 acres for my horses... And more stuffs that I would like to have heh. No pics sorry *pouts*

deafclimber said:

me too!! i wanna go there to see the house!!

deafclimber said:
or the fallingwater home
fw-summer.jpg
*drool*

I would love to have a house like that. I am a nature freak so yeah. I will post whenever I find this article that I want to have a house for myself.

Reba said:
I think some of the San Fran houses have large public parks nearby. But I know what you mean; I like a private yard and some "breathing space" between houses. Some people do prefer the "hustle and bustle" of exciting city life, some prefer quiet privacy.

Yes, those are very flexible for planning interior space because they don't depend on load-bearing walls. Very good for open designs.

Yeah, let's see a picture! :)

yes.. i dont mind the "hustle and bustle" of exciting city life.. but i hate houses that are like 5-10 feet apart!! you can see your neighbor's swimming pool from your window.. or see their window from your window as well.. sheesh!! it means i have to remember to pull down the shades if i am gonna change.. or not to go skin dipping with the lights on or whatsoever.. yikes!!
the houses in az are like that.. AACKK!!

I love a house with windows.. I dont know why, but I loooove windows. The only example I can think of is the house from the movie "HouseGuest" : )

BewitchedKitten said:
I love a house with windows.. I dont know why, but I loooove windows. The only example I can think of is the house from the movie "HouseGuest" : )

i saw that movie.. but i forget what the house looks like??
i love BIG WINDOWS too.. cuz i need sunlight/natural light as i have S.A.D :ugh: (sorry off the point! :P )

My dream house is either a log cabin nestled somewhere on a lake below mountains so I can skinny dip at nights or a Provencal style house in midst of lavender fields.

for me its 2 types -- victorian type homes and log cabins in the woods -- gotta be in nature too! :thumb:

Deaf258 said:
Mine is kinda like this one but with bigger windows, bigger kitchen with no walls inside the main floor ( Gotta have it Deaf way! ;) ) and a bigger loft:

Deaf258, ah I was surprised about your photo !!!!

Because it almost look like
one of my hearing brothers's log cabin
He built a huge log cabin house from the kit
but then he bought two (2) kits together
Something like a long ranch nested on
6 acres of land with trees including
in-ground swimming pool
very far away from the house
where you cannot really see the pool
from the house and
it looks like as if
it's in the middle of nowhere
BUT it's actually very near the city D.C. !!

I have to ask him for permission if
I can borrow/show his photo here; that is the
type of home where it looks very warm
only if you know who live there, but in the
same meantime it looks very intimidating home
that can scare people away only because
you do not know who live there...

I like various types of homes depends on
where and how much I can really afford etc.

I like one-story floor long Ranch with basement
with at least 3 cars garage with a workshop
on the side; on at least 5 acres of land
must be quiet street and/or in the Middle of
the mountains In-ground swimming pool
should be far away from the house... I guess
my family learned the designs from
our in-laws homes in Greenwich Conn etc

Like what zesty said,
it MUST be spacy roomy windows and
un-congested or otherwise i would
feel suffocated... i'm gonna try to
find photo example because I lost
my favorite one somewhere (I like traditional
ranch type rather than modern ones)

Any kind of "modern homes" are NOT my type.

Last edited:
oh dammit!! i forgot to add garages in my thread..

i want a 4 car garage.. what is a house without a garage!?? LOL

so 2 garages for me and my future hubby.. 3rd one for bikes, strollers, etc. 4th for a party room.. hehe..

Lots of windows are nice until you have to clean them. ;)

We have 25 windows, and one pair of glass sliders on our house. Most of the windows are multi-pane (9-over-9 and 6-over-9), with storm windows. The ones on the second story are really hard to clean on the outside.

But I agree with you guys. I love lots of sunshine!

Back