My sister's getting her wisdom teeth out tomorrow!

my mom just updated me that she's not feeling so good now.. :( My mom is hoping that she will go to bed soon. I don't know if it is because of the medicine or because of the anthesia, or because of the miilkshake/smoothies that we got her today. She hasn't ate any solid food all day. So i'm hoping its nothing major and just needs some rest. She did look a little pale. We're all trying to be quiet for her now since she had a long day.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

She used a spoon to eat/ drink the milkshakes right?

Not a straw ... If so she may have damaged the stitches.

She used a spoon to eat/ drink the milkshakes right?

Not a straw ... If so she may have damaged the stitches.

She used a spoon to eat the milkshake/smoothies.

my mom got her a panera smoothie and had to put it in a big cup for her to be able to eat it with a spoon. I got her a milkshake.

I think she's not feeling good because of what she got today from both me and my mom. i don't know. maybe it's the medicine?:dunno:

I've never known anyone to have their wisdom teeth pulled. I have all 4 of mine, and both my kids each have 3 of theirs. Hubby only had 2, but he had all teeth pulled due to dental issues.

KristinaB said:
I've never known anyone to have their wisdom teeth pulled. I have all 4 of mine, and both my kids each have 3 of theirs. Hubby only had 2, but he had all teeth pulled due to dental issues.

A lot depends on genetics - by which I mean the size of your jaw and the size of your teeth.

About 75% of people likely get wisdom teeth (2 or more) pulled due to lack of space, jaw issues (TMJ etc), shifting teeth or infection.

I remember having mine (all 4) done... I was put under on an IV, I came around halfway through, felt the tooth in my mouth and sat up to spit it out! They politely asked me to sit back down, please, which I did, as they quickly increased the dosage and put me back under!

I didn't feel a thing. Until after.

I had mine all out at once, too. My dentist sent me to an oral surgeon and I was totally under as well. Afterward I remember being drunk on Percocet for pain :laugh2: and sitting on the bed writing Christmas cards... :giggle: Had it done on a Thursday, and back to work on Monday. :P

Back