My RIGHTS to keep my Hearing Dog....

Where did I name you in my post? if you re-read my replied I posted ( speaking generally ) and where did Reba named you?

Yes you have... Look at your first post toward my post.. ."speechless :jaw: " - I thought you misunderstand my post so I tried to explain you about Katin´s link but you choose to ignore it and continue to make a long post toward me and then explain that it´s okay to agree to disagree, not judge...... look at your own post... It is okay to disagree but it's not okay to judge these people here. (speaking generally) - If you want to talk general then make your own post instead of quote my post. I was like :confused: and speechless... Now I see some ADers come to label "judge/accuse" AFTER your and Reba´s post. It make me look that I am one who judge and criistism people´s decision. It annoy me total... I felt being accused by you and Reba.

Yes you have... Look at your first post toward my post.. ."speechless :jaw: " - I thought you misunderstand my post so I tried to explain you about Katin´s link but you choose to ignore it and continue to make a long post toward me and then explain that it´s okay to agree to disagree, not judge...... I was like :confused: and speechless... Now I see some ADers come to label "judge/accuse" AFTER your and Reba´s post. It make me look that I am one who judge and criistism people´s decision. It annoy me total... I felt being accused by you and Reba.

Wow, you misunderstood my post totally, I'm sorry you saw it that way, but that wasn't the reason why. I was shocked and speechess to see that you know nothing about these service dogs only to think they're for the blind people only, btw It was someone else's post and I'm not going to name who.

I'm done with this thread :(

:ty: for interesting link.

Service dogs are NOT pets and they're trained to assist people that needs help!

Yes I know service dogs are not pets. I only stated what I know that many people like to have pets to company them and make them feel good including disabled people as well. The people who suffer severe mental health, etc who need assist is Care Service, not service dog, that´s all what I know.

and who told you that these service dogs are only for the blind people

We don´t have hearing dog here in many European countries and also don´t have assist dogs for severe disabled people as well because they have have Care Service who nurse them. We have assist dog (service dog) for blind only here in many Europe countries. I have seen many wheelchair who don´t have service dog but pet. They can do anything themselves wihtout anyone´s assistance. Yes, UK copied USA for want to have hearing dog. Many deafies applied for hearing dogs to assist them... Unfortunlately service dog become pet since they have family etc... They did not follow the rule how to keep hearing dog instead of make them pet. I have British friends who told me that it´s waste. They have everything in household is light flashing, babies cries, fire alarm, etc. for deafies which is good enough... Here in Germany have no interesting to think about hearing dog but agree to have service dog for blind only. This is Europe culture for not interesting to have dog´s assistance. This is so... *shrug* Yes, we learn about hearing dog thru TV for the deaf over USA... we were like wow... and then learn that UK copied USA for want to have hearing dog... until they told me what a waste... I was like Oh... until I registered American forums and learn more about them and try to understand why they need hearing dog... I respect their decision after read their posts and voice my own opinion in general way.

Wow, you misunderstood my post totally, I'm sorry you saw it that way, but that wasn't the reason why. I was shocked and speechess to see that you know nothing about these service dogs only to think they're for the blind people only, btw It was someone else's post and I'm not going to name who.

I'm done with this thread :(

Oh my dear, I am very sorry for make a harsh post toward you. I can see that we misunderstand each other over our posts... I got why you are speechless that I thought it is for only blind ... Yes you are right that I thought it´s for blind only.

Service dog for blind are very common here in Germany and other Europe countries. Yes I heard about hearing dog thru UK and TV for the deaf over USA... I was like wow.. but I didn´t know until you explained me about service dog which it is not just for blind people and deaf people. I know more and more about hearing dog thru American forum. I find interesting but I know it´s not for me because I can make them into pet... :giggle:

Your own word in previous post.

"Many post in AD about social problems, depression, afraid of going to parties, feeling too lonely etc. Maybe a service dog helps." sounds that deafies/HOH are only who have low-self-esteem because many deafies/HOH are members in AD forum.

"Many post in AD" does not mean "all deaf/HoH but not hearing". It just means "many who post in AD". Just because some in one group has a problem does not mean none else have the problem - not exclusive ideas. I didn't write "Many post in AD because they are the only people who have this problem". Different sentence by 100%.

I don't want to fight so I won't post again, but I don't want people to think I believe low self-esteem is only deaf/HoH. I never write this and don't believe this.

Oh my dear, I am very sorry for make a harsh post toward you. I can see that we misunderstand each other over our posts... I got why you are speechless that I thought it is for only blind ... Yes you are right that I thought it´s for blind only.

Service dog for blind are very common here in Germany and other Europe countries. Yes I heard about hearing dog thru UK and TV for the deaf over USA... I was like wow.. but I didn´t know until you explained me about service dog which it is not just for blind people and deaf people. I know more and more about hearing dog thru American forum. I find interesting but I know it´s not for me because I can make them into pet... :giggle:

It's okay Liebling, you're forgiven :hug:, I'm pretty much used to people attacking me or making harsh comments, but was surprised to get one from you. Honestly, I did not misunderstood your post at all, and Kaitin was right, some people who has depression ( serious illness) prefer to have "Psychiatric" service dogs.

Please read this link :aw: Psychiatric service dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Why do you brought those subject up over judgement and criticism short after my post then?
What on earth?! Are you paranoid? I just post when I can, where I can. Or do I need to take a number?

If you notice by now, when I have something to say to you, I post my replies attached to your posts. The post you refer to in this thread was not attached to your post or anyone else's post. It was a general statement of my opinion.

This might be hard for you to accept but not every thing is about you.

"Many post in AD" does not mean "all deaf/HoH but not hearing". It just means "many who post in AD". Just because some in one group has a problem does not mean none else have the problem - not exclusive ideas. I didn't write "Many post in AD because they are the only people who have this problem". Different sentence by 100%.

I don't want to fight so I won't post again, but I don't want people to think I believe low self-esteem is only deaf/HoH. I never write this and don't believe this.

No, I am not here to fight with you but point out what you said "Many post in AD....."

Did I said that you said "all"? No, I am following what you said "many". I never say all. I know the difference between many and all.

Again your OWN word..."Many post in AD about social problems, depression, afraid of going to parties, feeling too lonely etc. Maybe a service dog helps."

If you want to talk about people who suffers low self-esteem or whatever in general way, then not point "Many post in AD".... because many deaf/HOH people are members here in AD than hearing people.

This is my view on your comment "Many post in AD"...

What on earth?! Are you paranoid? I just post when I can, where I can. Or do I need to take a number?

If you notice by now, when I have something to say to you, I post my replies attached to your posts. The post you refer to in this thread was not attached to your post or anyone else's post. It was a general statement of my opinion.

*shake my head*...

See your OWN and LAST post after some ADers updated one year old thread few days ago... Why can´t you say something to them then?

http://www.alldeaf.com/884394-post250.html

This might be hard for you to accept but not every thing is about you.

:rofl: Now you ask for it... I am going to say something about you... Okay, I really has no problem with anyone to disgree with me or whatever but I don´t like false accusation/statement when I never say anything. I has the right to against it... If I see that I did make mistake then admit my mistakes and apologize to the public when ADers convince me but you? I know it´s very hard for you to accept the knowledge that you are not prefect who think you don´t make mistakes or don´t like to admit mistakes when some ADers convince you.

Anyway, you can try to fool anyone but not with me. You said nothing when ADers updated one year old thread here when you posted link until I posted... then you said something... :sure:

It's okay Liebling, you're forgiven :hug:, I'm pretty much used to people attacking me or making harsh comments, but was surprised to get one from you. Honestly, I did not misunderstood your post at all, and Kaitin was right, some people who has depression ( serious illness) prefer to have "Psychiatric" service dogs.

Please read this link :aw: Psychiatric service dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay :hug:

I didn´t know about psychiatric service dogs. It look like therapy to me... it´s similar example as dophin therapy. I will read more about psychiatric service dogs and then be back for post later.

Here, we have pets to help people who suffers depression, low self-esteem, etc., not apply service dogs to help... I have cats as pet who make me feel good.

NHM Question of the Week: Pets

That´s why I disagree with Katin´s link to apply service dogs to boost people´s self-esteem because the pets can do that. It´s Care service or therapies who helps severe disabled people who have severe problems to positive their self-esteem, etc. I have seen many disabled people who have good self-esteem without service dogs but pets.

Okay :hug:

I didn´t know about psychiatric service dogs. It look like therapy to me... it´s similar example as dophin therapy. I will read more about psychiatric service dogs and then be back for post later.

Here, we have pets to help people who suffers depression, low self-esteem, etc., not apply service dogs to help... I have cats as pet who make me feel good.

NHM Question of the Week: Pets

That´s why I disagree with Katin´s link to apply service dogs to boost people´s self-esteem because the pets can do that. It´s Care service or therapies who helps severe disabled people who have severe problems to positive their self-esteem, etc. I have seen many disabled people who have good self-esteem without service dogs but pets.

Liebling hon I'm very much aware what some pets can do for us, and how they can help people's health issue, but this thread is not about pets, we are talking about service dogs, I'm trying to help you understand what many service dogs do to assist people that needs help. you may disagree as long as you please but cannot say these people don't need one.

For myself I don't need a service dog, but if others want one, that's up to them. Katin is only giving a suggestion as "maybe a service dog will help", that's all she was doing, I just wish you will see where she is coming from on this too. :)

*shake my head*...

See your OWN and LAST post after some ADers updated one year old thread few days ago... Why can´t you say something to them then?

http://www.alldeaf.com/884394-post250.html
So I'm supposed to review every post I've made in the past 18 months before I make a new post? That is so ridiculous I can't even begin to respond. Maybe you have time for such pettiness but I have better things to do.

:rofl: Now you ask for it... I am going to say something about you... Okay, I really has no problem with anyone to disgree with me or whatever but I don´t like false accusation/statement when I never say anything. I has the right to against it...
I have no idea what this "false accusation" is that you are referring to.

If I see that I did make mistake then admit my mistakes and apologize to the public when ADers convince me but you? I know it´s very hard for you to accept the knowledge that you are not prefect who think you don´t make mistakes or don´t like to admit mistakes when some ADers convince you.
I can't win. When I posted in another thread that I couldn't answer your question because I didn't have the knowledge about that topic you accused me of "denying" your questions.

I've posted plenty of "oops" my mistake posts but I guess you missed them. Sorry, I don't keep a perpetual log of all my posts, nor do I dwell on the past.

Anyway, you can try to fool anyone but not with me. You said nothing when ADers updated one year old thread here when you posted link until I posted... then you said something... :sure:
You might want to talk to one of your counselors about this paranoia.

This is sooooo off topic. I apologize, and I exit.

Katin is only giving a suggestion as "maybe a service dog will help", that's all she was doing, I just wish you will see where she is coming from on this too. :)

:ty: :ty:, Angel - YES. Maybe help some deaf/HoH. Nothing about low self-esteem only in deaf/HoH. "Many in AD" does not mean "only deaf/HoH and not hearing" - I say nothing about hearing. And just "maybe" the dog will help. Nothing bad about deaf/HoH.

But no bad feelings. Just a little misunderstanding I guess.

I don't think we should judge other people's decisions about service dogs. If someone wants to use a hearing service dog, let them do so without criticism. If they don't want use service dogs, that's fine, too. No one is forced to use one. Each person's situation is different.

Thank you, Reba! :)

Liebling hon I'm very much aware what some pets can do for us, and how they can help people's health issue,

Not some but most

but this thread is not about pets, we are talking about service dogs,

I am not here to compare service dogs with any pets but explain the reason why I disagree with Katin´s link is because the pets know their owners well. They do have feeling.

I'm trying to help you understand what many service dogs do to assist people that needs help.

Yes I know and appreciate it but we are supposing to talk about service dog for the deaf (hearing dog) here, not types of service dogs who assist severe disablity, blind, etc. I only pointed out and explain why I disagree to have hearing dog to boost deaf/HOH people´s self-esteem/self-confidence because many/most pets can do that.

you may disagree as long as you please but cannot say these people don't need one.

I am here to disagree and voice my own opinion without tell the people what to do. Can you show me where have I tell the people to not need service dog? Everyone have the right to entitle to their own opinion as long as they do not quote ADer´s posts to judge/critize them. We respect them for want to have hearing dog but to me, it´s not necessary in some reason.

For myself I don't need a service dog, but if others want one, that's up to them. Katin is only giving a suggestion as "maybe a service dog will help", that's all she was doing, I just wish you will see where she is coming from on this too. :)

Yes, I know Katin suggest. Is it not okay to disagree with her suggestion? What I said in my first post to disagree with Katin´s suggestion with link remains.

Katin´s first post #242
If a deaf/HoH person has a dog and in public (like a restaurant) the dog makes the person feel more confident and safe and helps others know the person is deaf/HoH

and then later posted with link at her post #245.

I quoted her post #245 to disgree and explain with the reason because the people who suffers depression or whatever need the help. The service dog can´t help them but make them feel good like any pets have to their owners. If I have depression and suffer low self-esteem/self-confidence or whatever then go to see therapy or counsellor or doctor for the advice which the service dogs don´t. That´s what I am trying to explain. I just wish you see where I come from as well...:)

Do Assistance Dogs Really Work Miracles?

One of the many common misconceptions that exists about assistance dogs is that they are able to work miracles for their owners. This is not at all true. The truth in the matter is that assistance dogs are there to provide assistance to their physically disabled owners. However, this does not necessarily mean that an owner of an assistance dog will always be helped out by the dog every single time. It is definitely safe to say that an assistance dog will be able to help someone who experiences a physical disability better than if they did not own an assistance dog at all. The most important thing that anyone who is interested in an assistance dog needs to keep in mind is the fact that an assistance dog and its owner will need to learn how to work together as a team. Without teamwork and effort, miracles will never be able to happen through the use of an assistance dog.

Everything you need to know about companion and service dogs - Dogs (Other) - Helium - by Jody Morse

I agree with those link.

wow, look at your own post. You made false statement and also false accussation as well. wow...

So I'm supposed to review every post I've made in the past 18 months before I make a new post? That is so ridiculous I can't even begin to respond. Maybe you have time for such pettiness but I have better things to do.

No matter what you say or defend yourself but ADers surely know your posts in different threads.

I have no idea what this "false accusation" is that you are referring to.

Go back and read the whole thread here. You QUOTED my post to accuse me for judge and critize people for want hearing dog which I never said anything to quote their posts but my own view on my own post. It´s not first time that you quoted to accuse me like that... It´s not just the thread here but other threads as well. You did not quote someone´s posts here to tell them to not judge/critize... why only me? Please don´t deny it and go back and read the whole thread here yourself.

I can't win. When I posted in another thread that I couldn't answer your question because I didn't have the knowledge about that topic you accused me of "denying" your questions.

You make a dishonest yourself.

We would not create more problem if you give me a straight answer instead of deny/misinterpret/twist my posts... I know I am not only one, you did to but other ADers´s posts as well. Something like that if you can´t answer because you has no knowledge then simple answer "I don´t know" or "I don´t know anything about.........." instead of create problem to confuse the thread with more :topic: posts with your misinterpreted/twist posts...

Oh wait, I see the clear that you are only provoke to belittle me and my posts, not deny because you know exactly what I am talking about or my manner question is about but provoke because someone answered my question and know what I am talking about... I accept the fact that you are only provoke to belittle me.

I've posted plenty of "oops" my mistake posts but I guess you missed them. Sorry, I don't keep a perpetual log of all my posts, nor do I dwell on the past.

Oh yes, I have seen your post with "oops" in clumsy manner or cynically manner - depend on different threads. It took ADers times to convince you and then firm your misinterpreted/twist posts until you finally "admitted" your mistake... "oops, my mistake posts"... in clumsy manner or cynically manner - depend on different threads...

You might want to talk to one of your counselors about this paranoia.

No, I has no reason to suspicious your post. I really do not need to distrust your post but know your post very well because it´s not first time that you quoted my posts from here to other threads and then again made your own post in general way about judge/critize short after my post. Who QUOTED my post to accuse me as judge/critize here and other threads is the one who is paraniod. :)

This is sooooo off topic. I apologize, and I exit.

Okay, if you are interested to share your view on the fact or opinion on this thread here then do it in a polite and respectful manner please.

Also please move on and stay on topic.

I basically have 2 service dogs

Sassy helps me to hear things and Ozzie is my "mental health companion" he knows when my moods are changing and he knows when my blood pressure and blood sugar are too high and too low. He alerts me by butting his head to my hand for my blood sugar and nipping my hand for my blood pressure and my moods he goes and finds "his Daddy" my husband to let him know something is up and I need to go to hospital or take another pill or something. they are not certified but they are trained by a professional trainer. I don't take them everywhere with me but I do take Sassy more than I take Ozzie. Ozzie is getting older and in bad shape so I tend to let him rest at home more. I even have vests for them but those are not required either. If anyone has a problem with me bringing a dog into their establishment then I pull out a little fold out business type card that states the Americans with Disabilities act and tell them she is my service animal. just Google service animal or service dog patches or something like that, that is how I found that folded up business card with it printed and it helps a lot to know your rights. when you prove your rights they can't touch you. And you are right technically they are not pets, hey are more, they are your best friend and your constant companion.

She slams everyone who trains their own hearing or service dogs. She doesn't know a thing about doing it herself, tailoring the dog the way she needs. I have and continue to spend countless hours training my dog, as it's an on-going process. I also have learned not to allow people to interfere with my training, nor will I allow them to tell me how to train her or test her. Sorry, that's off limits. :nono: How hearing people have treated deaf people for centuries and now they want to be our best friends and even advocate for us is beyond my comprehension. I can see parents who have deaf kids or kids who have deaf siblings, but, the general population as a whole wanting to do it? Please, give me a break! :roll:

LMM used to post here a lot regarding her hearing dog and she feels the same way. She is one of few people here with a hearing dog, besides me, that knows what they're talking about.

ROCK ON MATE !!! go Pete go !!!

Also I agree with you, that hearing people should back off, they shouldnt dictate what deaf/Deaf people can or can not do, what rights do they have!

Sassy helps me to hear things and Ozzie is my "mental health companion" he knows when my moods are changing and he knows when my blood pressure and blood sugar are too high and too low. He alerts me by butting his head to my hand for my blood sugar and nipping my hand for my blood pressure and my moods he goes and finds "his Daddy" my husband to let him know something is up and I need to go to hospital or take another pill or something. they are not certified but they are trained by a professional trainer. I don't take them everywhere with me but I do take Sassy more than I take Ozzie. Ozzie is getting older and in bad shape so I tend to let him rest at home more. I even have vests for them but those are not required either. If anyone has a problem with me bringing a dog into their establishment then I pull out a little fold out business type card that states the Americans with Disabilities act and tell them she is my service animal. just Google service animal or service dog patches or something like that, that is how I found that folded up business card with it printed and it helps a lot to know your rights. when you prove your rights they can't touch you. And you are right technically they are not pets, hey are more, they are your best friend and your constant companion.

I'm sitting here with Snickers jaw on my knee, as she wants to respond. Here is what Snickers says, as I have to type it because she doesn't know how. *ouch!* Way to go, Sassy and Ozzie!! Two paws up to you two!! Yahoo, if only dumb people would leave us alone and let us do our job, life would be a hellova (sic) lot better, that's for catgone sure!!! Whoever said anything about anything being "doggone" shouldn't blasphemy a dog and get a jawful on their kneecap! Too bad we're too far away, would love to hang around with ya, sniffing and chasing those catgone cats. Hey, do you two chase squirrels, too? Papa lets me Oh no I don't! *ouch!* Anyway, you two rock on! Peace and love from me,

Snickers, HD

I can't believe I got suckered into writing that! :roll:

:ty: that was very sweet Snickers, I see why your Daddy named you that:angel:, My Boy Ozzie was looking like an Oascar to me when we first got him and the nickname for Oscar over in England where His daddy is from Is Ozzie so Ozzie stuck. Sassy was named that before we go her and she knows it so I stuck with it. I do call her Sissy most of the time though and she responds better it seems. they both love to chase squirrels too. Our back yard is against the property line of a farmer and we just happen to be attached to the cow pasture part so they think they are chasing big bad dogs away from the fence. I just hope one of those cows doesn't return the favor one day.:ugh3: They are both laying at my feet right now as we speak and Sassy is looking at me with her come pet and love on me eyes and little cry that makes you just want to hold her for the rest of your lives. she is a manipulator, she knows the pitty buttons to push and make me feel guilty for not having at least one hand on her at all times. I tell ya they can get to your heart so fast.:giggle:
(and sometimes they can go to your nose too:fart: )

Back