My Proposal Experience

congratulations Magatsu and Nas!!! its definately a very good story!

Congrats Magastu and Nas !!

We are so happy for you !! I had a beautiful proposal experience on the Valentine's Day for America Chopper and me. Unbelievable, 4 more weeks left for our wedding. Times really flies !!

When both of you make the arrangement wedding. The times flies than you expect. Hopefully, my wedding will be going smooth. *nervous and excite* :D

Sabrina said:
Congrats Magastu and Nas !!
We are so happy for you !! I had a beautiful proposal experience on the Valentine's Day for America Chopper and me. Unbelievable, 4 more weeks left for our wedding. Times really flies !!

When both of you make the arrangement wedding. The times flies than you expect. Hopefully, my wedding will be going smooth. *nervous and excite* :D

Oooo... 4 weeks!! Will you have a bridal shower and whatnot? Congratulations and many fortunates showering upon you both! I am sure you both will have a very very happy marriage! :applause: to you Sabby and your husband-to-be....

And more congrats to be passed onto 'Gatsu and Nas. Keep me posted about your wedding date(s). I betcha you will have your wedding before me... (C and I still haven't our official union ceremony... oh well.... I have got pressures from my MIL like you got your pressures from your future FIL !!).

I recently sent RR a pm along with edited post for my first post in this topic. I cleaned up the bad grammar and corrected any misspells.

To everyone, many, many thanks for congratulations!!! Frankly, It is hard to believe that I would make a move just like that. I honestly thought that I lost 'it' when I was turned down by one of my exes. I'm glad that I'm able to propose again.

Sabrina, four weeks? Wow, good luck and have a blast time with wedding and all!

*join with people to elbow RR & Angel*

Gnarly, I think it is more likely that you guys will have your wedding before us. Well, we didn't discuss anything about date yet but I believe I'll find out sooner or later. Sorry but I'm not sure what 'MIL' or 'FIL' means. btw, thanks for advice about proposal ;)

-------

I want to add that I was in a hurry I forgot to mention in my previous post that I asked Nas in voice, not ASL to marry me. I asked Lolita to teach me how to say "Will you marry me?" (in english of course). It took several days to get it right and I was planning to practice over and over for months or years to propose her but I end up did that much earlier. According to Nas that it came out perfectly. However I regretted that I did because she kept saying that my voice was so cute and asked me to say that to her over and over ever since that night.

Reason why I did that because I felt guilty about Nas. She spent lot of times on interpreting almost everything for me at anywhere and she never complain or grumble about it. Heck, half of the time, I didn't ask her to interpret for me and she did them for me anyway.

She was shocked to hear my voice. I rarely yell to get my fiancée's attention unless it is emergency or something like that. I don't like the idea to abuse the 'advantage' that she can hear and make her work bit harder to come and see me when I want something from her while she couldn't do that to me.

Anyway, several days of frustrating and grunting, it does worth my time when I saw how happy she is when I asked her to marry me in voice. I once again surprised her by asking her to teach me how to say "I love you" and "I really love you". I'll see how well I am with this 'lesson'. I just hope that it is more easier to learn.

Nas is hearing, right?

It´s cute of you to learn how to speak for her... :thumb: I bet Nas appreciate it very much...

Liebling, yeah she is a hearie. And thanks :P

Actually I really, really need to learn how to read lips or speak in simple english (or Swedish) since I'm a ristorante manager.

With time, Nas will tell your children & grandchildren that she loves to hear your voice when you tell her "I love you", "Will you marry me?" and the baby cries/laughs and coos.

Oh oh oh, I'm really putting the wagon before the horse! :giggle:

Magatsu said:
Liebling, yeah she is a hearie. And thanks :P

Actually I really, really need to learn how to read lips or speak in simple english (or Swedish) since I'm a ristorante manager.

*groans* I know what you mean! In Norway, it is essential for a deafie to read lips and speak with voice while they are signing. At least mouthing the words would be enough. I'm learning to pronounciate Norwegian when I sign. Pain in the ass. LOL But my husband can't get enough of my voice and it tickles him pink to hear me say stuff. :) Try saying fitta - it's easy to say enough, and watch how easily it shocks your Swedish neighbors. LOL JK

Congrats again on the engagement. :)

Cookie Monster said:
With time, Nas will tell your children & grandchildren that she loves to hear your voice when you tell her "I love you", "Will you marry me?" and the baby cries/laughs and coos.

Oh oh oh, I'm really putting the wagon before the horse! :giggle:
Ahhhh. Not now. Not in few years later. Hopefully five years or later... that if Nas didn't twist my arm or my 'manliness' any further >_<

Liza said:
*groans* I know what you mean! In Norway, it is essential for a deafie to read lips and speak with voice while they are signing. At least mouthing the words would be enough. I'm learning to pronounciate Norwegian when I sign. Pain in the ass. LOL But my husband can't get enough of my voice and it tickles him pink to hear me say stuff. :) Try saying fitta - it's easy to say enough, and watch how easily it shocks your Swedish neighbors. LOL JK

Congrats again on the engagement. :)
Heheh yeah. For years, I had been anti-reading/anti-speak-in-english activist. I felt that it'll take my deaf pride away but I guess I grew up or adapted somehow. Well, still... thought of able to read lips or speak in simple english disturbs me greatly.

Actually, come to think of it, I believe it'll improve my life or rather my job a bit better. Or more fun for me to learn either way.

About 'fitta', okay I definitely want to do that someday whenever I'm back in Sweden ;) And thanks for congrats!

Sorry for double post..

In any case, I'd like to let anyone know that RR edited my first post and added new post that I edited & cleaned up. I believe it is more readable for anyone now :P

RR, thanks!

Magatsu,

What so beautiful romantic every the details! Made me fee alike thrilled hear all about your romatic details... That was totally amazing and Fablouslty! By the way, Congrats to both of you guys Magatsu and Nas.

Brilliant idea you have picked right spot! '

Congrats again!

<-----------------joins in with the crowd looking at RR and Angel. :)

*off-topic* (pardon me Magatsu)

**standing in line with Cookie Monster; Peachy Lady; Shiva; Liebling:)));Pomeranian;Nancy and elbowing ^Angel^**...*looks back at the line.... :eek2: :jaw: * OHHH...ok ok, I get it now--heh heh, well folks, stay tune and our very own romantic story will come out...and I sure as heck can't say too much, wouldn't want to spoil it now...:D Stay tuned! ;)

Pssttt, Magatsu, didn't you have to 'brace' yourself once she saw the ring? Ya know, seeing it and literally jumping for joy and beaming with much happiness that she pounced and jumped upon ya?! :lol:

*back on topic*...once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Magatsu said:
Ahhhh. Not now. Not in few years later. Hopefully five years or later... that if Nas didn't twist my arm or my 'manliness' any further >_<

Heheh yeah. For years, I had been anti-reading/anti-speak-in-english activist. I felt that it'll take my deaf pride away but I guess I grew up or adapted somehow. Well, still... thought of able to read lips or speak in simple english disturbs me greatly.

Actually, come to think of it, I believe it'll improve my life or rather my job a bit better. Or more fun for me to learn either way.

About 'fitta', okay I definitely want to do that someday whenever I'm back in Sweden ;) And thanks for congrats!

LOL! I know what you mean - I don't feel like it's very important to me to use my voice as a way of communicating either, but it can get real frustrating living in a community that relies on that nearly 100 percent of the time.

RR, I hope Angel will not read this and spoil the surprise for you! heh heh!

I digress as well - Mag, since Nas doesn't appear to be a regular member at AD, perhaps you could share the planning of the wedding with us? ;) I'm helping a friend plan her wedding, too... might want to share tips. Here's a good wedding planning resource if you didn't know about already: http://www.theknot.com/

Bullym0m, thanks for congrats!

Roadrunner said:
**standing in line with Cookie Monster; Peachy Lady; Shiva; Liebling:)));Pomeranian;Nancy and elbowing ^Angel^**...*looks back at the line.... :eek2: :jaw: * OHHH...ok ok, I get it now--heh heh, well folks, stay tune and our very own romantic story will come out...and I sure as heck can't say too much, wouldn't want to spoil it now...:D Stay tuned! ;)
Go man! Da man! Let's prove them how manly we are! I'm rooting for men.

Roadrunner said:
Pssttt, Magatsu, didn't you have to 'brace' yourself once she saw the ring? Ya know, seeing it and literally jumping for joy and beaming with much happiness that she pounced and jumped upon ya?! :lol:

*back on topic*...once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
lol actually, I am not prepared for it. Although she always did that to me when she got exciting. In fact, I was prepared to be declined or asked to wait a bit longer. Well, I did expected that she will say "yes" but I never thought that she'd let me kneeling a bit longer to 'torture' me (that's what she said) before she jumped on me. Thanks for congrats as well!

Liza said:
LOL! I know what you mean - I don't feel like it's very important to me to use my voice as a way of communicating either, but it can get real frustrating living in a community that relies on that nearly 100 percent of the time.
lol yeah I think I do know how you feel! But I'm curious about you... How long have you been using your voice or reading lips to communicate? How deaf you are? I mean percent. Sorry for these questions but I'd like to know if I'm able to communicate with anyone in voices instead of ASL so it kinda got me curious about you and your background ;x

Liza said:
I digress as well - Mag, since Nas doesn't appear to be a regular member at AD, perhaps you could share the planning of the wedding with us? ;) I'm helping a friend plan her wedding, too... might want to share tips. Here's a good wedding planning resource if you didn't know about already: http://www.theknot.com/
I have been trying to get Nas to post around here... She'd contribute to this community pretty lot especially her expertises in law and interpretation. But she refused. Well, she did registered and posted one or two then stopped. She felt like she was talking to strangers in different 'reality'. Actually, she's not a computer savvy person so she rarely use the computer (or her laptop) for anything but homeworks & schedules. Even though she always read my posts around here, AD.

Anyway, about wedding. We don't have any chance to discuss about wedding at all. Things has been getting hectic in our life lately and we kept postponing but we will get Nas' parents and my mother together this tonight to discuss about wedding and other things included Sweden. You see, Nas' parents want us to get marry in America or Japan but Nas and I want to get marry in Sweden (in fact, Nas wants to do that in both countries, America and Sweden). I know for sure that my mother will support us whatever we want for ourselves.

Many thanks for that link! Honestly... I'm not sure what I'm supposing to do with the whole of this wedding plan. Any tips? Advices or '101' guide? :lol: There is one problem about wedding; come to clothes or dresses, Nas has never ... never been decisive. Meaning: No one knows how long she will take to get a wedding dress she wants.

magatus- congrats!! your story gave me goose bumps.. lol ;) glad it turned out great and all that :D

Oh Mag !! :applause:

I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for you and Nas! I truly wish you both nothing but the best of happiness and love together. It sounds like everything is happening so rapidly - a life changing experience, not just one but TWO - moving to Sweden and marrying beautiful and sweet Nas.

If I may offer a piece of my advice - please breathe and enjoy every second of it. Preparing for a wedding may get wearisome but it is one of two best parts about a wedding - preparing for and wedding day! Also, please do it exactly the way you and Nas want it - do not fall for anyone else's opinons because it is YOUR day.

May God be with you both on your new exciting journey!!!! :hug:

Congrats! I wish the two of you the very best and brightest future!

Back