My Proposal Experience

Vance

Reaction score
My Proposal Experience(Edited)

I recieved several IMs & pms about 'certain' word in some of my posts and asked me to lay out the details.

[Edited: I didn't realize how long this post is... sorry about it]

- In approximately three months before Nas & I left for Sweden: Nas' father asked to have a man to man talk with me about marriage. Her father implied that he didn't mind having his daughter live with me or ... you know, 'bed activities' with her. Yes, he told me it just like that. There were more in this one but I want to leave the personal stuffs out of this.

- In a month before Nas & I left for Sweden: I got a message from Nas' father once again that gave me a hint that I needed to think about our marriage. I returned his message that I will. Well, I had to be a bit personal about us... You see, I am Nas' first man to sleep with (her second boyfriend). In some ways, I could see why her father was worried about Nas and her future a bit, perhaps afraid that I was one of those men who would take a advantage of her. Nas and her father are very, very close. However Nas don't know about these conversations I had with her father. He asked me to not tell her anything about their 'talks'.

- In Sweden, I didn't remember when but Nas gave me a 'hint' twice at different days that she'd like to have me as her husband. In fact, 'vacation' in Sweden made our love stronger and tighter than before. We became more 'crazier' about each other for certain reasons.

- In Sweden, I had been thinking about proposing a lot and I asked several women (included Gnarly) and co-workers (Swedes) for advice. Even after their advices, I felt that I couldn't make a move. I just couldn't and I wasn't ready. I had been turned down by one of my exes in the past and I didn't want to feel like that ever again. So I backed off.

Lolita (Swede, Nas' good friend) and I walked around to buy some clothes for myself while Nas was busy working at the ristorante. Lolita saw something that she liked in a jewelry store. So I went in with her and I somehow found a ring that I was so sure that Nas would love to have. Fortunately that I knew her finger size which she told me in the past so I placed an order on it.

I got it two weeks later, I think... and I had been carrying it around with me all the time since I didn't want Nas to find it. I took a 'client' or 'patient' with me to a beautiful place, Sandhamn (in Sweden). I liked what I saw and I found a perfect spot for me to propose to Nas. I made a 'last min' decision to propose to Nas. I found a good excuse to convince her that I wanted to take her with me to Sandhamn so we can spend together for one day before we left for America (That was two days before left for America).

I took her on the sailboat to get there and we ate some delicious foods at the restaurant. After eating, we were supposed to get on the sailboat and go back to our temporary home in Sweden. But I told Nas that I'd like to walk around the piers with her and she wanted to do that as well. At that time, the night was so beautiful.

Deaf258 had a fastastic idea how to surprise Nas with the proposal but I altered his idea a bit. Since she loved to eat certain chocolate candies, I used that advantage to surprise her. I took the candy out of the chocolate wrapper and stuffed the ring in a thin white fluffy sheet that Lolita bought for me and inserted it in the candy wrap. I also knew Nas' habit and I used it as advantage to get the result I wanted. She always pick anything that comes out 'first' in front of her. I managed to get that candy wrapped 'ring' in front of the other candies on my left hand and she picked it. She unknowingly opened the wrap and puzzled at the white sheet that she took it out with her other hand. She unwrapped it and the ring revealed itself in the process of unwrapping and she just stood there silently... Actually her eyes got bigger when she saw a ring.

I knelt and asked her, "Will you marry me?" Nas stared at me for several seconds and didn't say anything. I started to think that I made a mistake or that it was too early. Then Nas took my hand and pulled me to my feet and suddenly, she jumped on me and hugged me. She also giggled at my surprise and yelled & signed at same time, "YES!". We kissed for a while and bystanders who saw us congratulated us.

Once we were done with our romantic moment and we got on the sailboat. I was steering the sailboat while Nas sat behind me. A few minutes later, I stole few glances and I noticed that Nas laid down on the 'seat' and stared at ring on her finger & the stars. In my thought, it was pretty obvious that night is very special to Nas. I felt good that I picked right spot and right time to propose her. She later told me that she was surprised that I proposed her. Nas was assumed that I would do that in one or two years but she was so glad that I proposed her earlier than she expected.

God, I was damn nervous but I made it out. I supposed that I am more 'man' than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magatsu said:
I recieved several IMs & pms about 'certain' word in some of my posts and asked me to lay out the details.

[Edited: I don't realize how long this post is... sorry about it]

I don't have much time because I'll leave for Nas' parents to have a 'talk' with me at 7:30 (I need to take a shower!). They don't know about it yet but Nas and I plan to tell them soon. I'm sort of in rush, sorry for misspells or incorrect grammars.

- In approx three months before Nas & I left for Sweden. Nas' father asked to have a man to man talk with me about marriage. He implied that he don't mind to have her daughter to live with me or ... you know, 'bed activies' with her. Yes, he told me like that. There were more in this one but I wanted to leave the personal stuff out of it.

- In a month before Nas & I left for Sweden. I got a message from Nas' father once again gave me a hint that I need to think about our marriage. I returned his message that I will. Well, I have to share a bit personal about us... You see, I am Nas' first man to sleep with (her second boyfriend). In some way, I can see why her father is worried about Nas and her future a bit or afraid that I'm one of men who would take a advantage of her. Nas and her father is very, very close however Nas don't know about these conversations I had with her father. He asked me to not tell her anything about our 'talks'.

- I don't remember when but Nas gave me a 'hint' twice at different days that she'd like to have me as her husband. In fact, 'vacation' in Sweden made our love stronger and tighter than before. We became more 'crazier' about ourselves for certain reasons.

- In Sweden, I had been thinking about proposal a lot and I asked several women (included Gnarly) and co-workers (Swedes) of mine for advices. Even after these advices, I felt that I couldn't make a move. I just cannot and I wasn't ready. I had been turned down by one of my ex in the past and I don't want to feel like that ever again. So I back off.

Lolita (Swede, Nas' good friend) and I walked around to buy some clothes for myself while Nas was busy working at ristorante. Lolita saw something that she liked in jewelry store. So I went in with her and I somehow found a ring that I was so sure that Nas would love to have one. Fortunately that I knew her finger size which she told me in the past so I placed an order on it.

I got it in two weeks later, I think... and I had been carrying it around with me all the time since I don't want Nas to find it somehow or somewhere. I took a 'client' or 'patient' with me to one of beautiful places, Sandhamn in Sweden. I liked what I saw and I found a perfect spot for me to propose Nas. I made a 'last min' decision to propose Nas. I found an good excuse to convince Nas that I wanted to take her with me to Sandhamn so we can spend together for one day before we left for America (That was two days before left for Sweden).

I took her on the sailboat to get there and we ate some delicious foods at restaurant. After eating, we were supposed to get on sailboat and go back to our temporary home in Stockholm. But I told Nas that I'd like to walk around the piers with her and she wanted to do that as well. At that time, that night was so beautiful.

Deaf258 had a fascinating idea how to surprise Nas with proposal but I altered his idea a bit. Since Nas loved to eat certain chocolate candies, I used that advantage to surprise her. I took the candy out of chocolate wrap and stuff the ring in thin white fluffy sheet that Lolita bought for me and inserted in the candy wrap. I also know Nas' habit and I used hers as advantage to get the result I wanted. She always pick anything that comes out 'first' front of her. I managed to get that 'ring' candy wrap front of other candies on my left hand and she picked it. She unconsciously opened the wrap and puzzled at the white sheet that she took it out with her other hand. She unwrapped it and ring revealed itself in process of unwrapping and she just stood silently... Actually her eyes got bigger when she saw a ring.

I knelt and asked her, "Will you marry me?" Nas stared at me for several seconds and didn't say anything. I started to think that I made a mistake or it was too early. Then Nas took my hand and pulled me to get myself stand up and suddenly, she jumped on me and hugged me. She also giggled at my surprise and yelled & signed at same time, "YES!". We kissed for a while and bystanders who saw us congratulated us.

Once we were done with our romantic moment and we got on the sailboat. I was steering the sailboat while Nas sat behind me. In few minutes later, I stole few glances and I noticed that Nas laid down on the 'seat' and stared at ring on her finger & stars. In my thought, it was pretty obvious that night is very special to Nas. I felt good that I picked right spot and right time to propose her. She later told me that she was surprised that I prorposed her. Nas was assumed that I would do that in one or two years later but she was so glad that I proposed her earlier than she expected.

God, I was damn nervous but I made it out. I supposed that I am more 'man' than before :P Shower time!

AWWW HOW SWEET!!!
CONGRATS!!!
:hug:

be careful!!!
other women will be VERY GREEN WITH ENVY!!! tsk tsk :giggle:

Congratulations Magatsu for the marriage proposal, the 'perfect' outing to reveal a shiny, glittering ring in a romantic way, also for the others who helped you with ideas of how to go about this!

I wish the two of you all the best life can give to you both!! Congratulations! :applause: :thumb:

This deserves to be 'sticky' for the time being-- ;)

CONGRATS!!!
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

awww!!! thats very sweet!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MAGATSU and NAS!! Wish u best of luck in the future! :hug: ya both.

Good luck with NAS and enjoy your new spiritual life with her! :D

What a very romantic story! Congratulations Magatsu and Nas!!

awww.. how beautiful love story about you and nas made me fall in love once again. Congratulations to both of you!

Congrats Magatsu and Nas for your engagement! Very well planned for proposal and romantic too! Wish you and Nas for lifetime of marriage bliss and happiness. :applause:

*standing next to Cookie Monster, elbowing RR and Angel too!* wink wink

ah congrats! Glad you make it through my gosh that so romantic she is very lucky to have you!

*join in with cookie monster and peachy lady wondering about angel and RR*

:whistle:

awwww beautiful and romantic story. Nas is very very very lucky to have romantic guy like you... :thumb:

Congrats Magatsu and Nas for your engagement :hug: I´m really happy for you both.

*standing next to Cookie Monster and Peachy Lady, elbowing RR and Angel too!* ;)

I knew it! I didn't see this before gnarlygirl's hints. Congratulations! :party:

Wow too bad you didnt go on the Perfect Proposal show on TLC. I loves that show. Congradulation!! :hug:

Standing in line along with the other and stared at RR and Angel. :D

Back