My New HP Computer Stink!

Sometimes relay operator having trouble with accent. Most voice tech support is located outside United States... Yeah cheap labor, that is why.

That is interesting. Since I can't hear what the relay operator is saying, I would never have thought of it. As far as I can tell everyone I've called has said they understood the operator fine, but those calls were in the U.S.

It's a good point...

OP, what about live/chat support? HP has something like it I believe.

VacationGuy I think you have got what diehardbiker was saying backwards. I use the Illinois Relay with a TTY and VCO. I will get things like (typing in background) and (heavy accent) inserted to describe what is heard from the other end of the line. Meaning that the Relay CA is having to contend with a heavy accent from the person you have called.

If it's sound issue, try update the drivers downloaded straight from hardware manufacturer's website or HP support. Microsoft can prove the drivers directly through Windows Update but they may be outdated by few versions.

If the computer isn't working out for you, at least avoid all brands found in brick-and-mortar stores and build a custom computer from parts from online stores by yourself. Motherboard usually comes with a manual book, details on assembly.

I built mine six years ago and it still runs great on new PC games like Dishonored.

My computer just froze up on me again! My daughter is coming to my house tomorrow and she think I should bring the computer back and get a laptop this time . I am getting tried of dealing with sale people that do not know anything about the products they're selling.

How do people like their laptop?? I was told at Staples laptops break down more than computers , is that true?

My computer just froze up on me again! My daughter is coming to my house tomorrow and she think I should bring the computer back and get a laptop this time . I am getting tried of dealing with sale people that do not know anything about the products they're selling.

How do people like their laptop?? I was told at Staples laptops break down more than computers , is that true?

This is such an individual thing. There is more variety in how people treat them than there is with a desktop.

As for myself, I am on my second laptop as my only computer. I like it so well, even if I rarely carry it around, that the next time I upgrade it will be another laptop! Even if I rarely take it along somewhere I like how compact it is at home and the option of easily taking it with me if I want to.

This is such an individual thing. There is more variety in how people treat them than there is with a desktop.

As for myself, I am on my second laptop as my only computer. I like it so well, even if I rarely carry it around, that the next time I upgrade it will be another laptop! Even if I rarely take it along somewhere I like how compact it is at home and the option of easily taking it with me if I want to.

Thank you, if I had a laptop I would not take it out with me. I am so forgetful and could leave it someplace. I know I would want a mouse as I did not lie the build in one, I tried my daughter and had trouble using the build in mouse.

Sometimes relay operators will inform you that they are having hard time understand other party's accent. They do that to me sometimes so I know whats going on.

That is interesting. Since I can't hear what the relay operator is saying, I would never have thought of it. As far as I can tell everyone I've called has said they understood the operator fine, but those calls were in the U.S.

It's a good point...

OP, what about live/chat support? HP has something like it I believe.

I've never replaced a computer (laptop, desk top, or Mac) due to its breaking down. I've replaced them just because I wanted to upgrade, or my needs changed. Even then, I passed the old ones on to other people who got more use out of them. I never had a computer that needed to be trashed.

So, I wouldn't know whether or not there is a difference in life expectancy between lap and desk tops. I suspect laptops might take more abuse than desk tops do because of their portability. They probably get treated more casually, banged around in backpacks and cars more, have their power cords tripped on more frequently, and dropped on the floor more often.

I've never replaced a computer (laptop, desk top, or Mac) due to its breaking down. I've replaced them just because I wanted to upgrade, or my needs changed. Even then, I passed the old ones on to other people who got more use out of them. I never had a computer that needed to be trashed.

So, I wouldn't know whether or not there is a difference in life expectancy between lap and desk tops. I suspect laptops might take more abuse than desk tops do because of their portability. They probably get treated more casually, banged around in backpacks and cars more, have their power cords tripped on more frequently, and dropped on the floor more often.

I killed my last computer, it was not working right then I open an email that had my daughter address on it, I did not know her computer been hacked into and that really messed my computer ,it was jamming up and just pissing me off, so I hit it really hard and my screen when blank and I could not get it back on. I mean I really hit it hard!

Thank you, if I had a laptop I would not take it out with me. I am so forgetful and could leave it someplace. I know I would want a mouse as I did not lie the build in one, I tried my daughter and had trouble using the build in mouse.

When at home, I use a full size mouse and keyboard with my laptop. Both, of course, are unplugged when putting it in a case to take with me. I do take a small mouse along.

I killed my last computer, it was not working right then I open an email that had my daughter address on it, I did not know her computer been hacked into and that really messed my computer ,it was jamming up and just pissing me off, so I hit it really hard and my screen when blank and I could not get it back on. I mean I really hit it hard!
Well then, I would say it's operator error, not hardware problems that is your nemesis.

I don't recommended this MacBook Retina to OP but Mac Mini is best for HP desktop replacement.

Oh, Yes. That Mac mini can upgrade SSD and RAM memory is easy install at home as just like build your own PC style.

Someday, I could buy Mac mini later. My HP netbook is too slower load. I hate it.. ha

Well then, I would say it's operator error, not hardware problems that is your nemesis.

HUH?? there was no way on earth that knew that email was from a hacker.
The computer was not working right for a long time. And it was not error when I hit it, I was pissed off and hit it . My new computer is not working right now and I only had it 5 or 6 days. And I have not done anything wrong to it. The font will not stay the size I want it to. I like to use #16 as my font on my emails and my new computer will keep going back #12 on it own. This has nothing to with me.

I build my own gaming PC for high-end gamer. It save my money better than buy a brand new computer or laptop at any store.

I've had no problem with my own custom PC for over 1 year. but, I use my Logitech headset is not sound quality. I test to using my iPhone 5 earplug sound so loud.

Not necessarily true.

Some motherboard already has its limitation. I built several computers and know how they works. It is not always work the way you would think.

It is all because of chipset, they were technically locked as hardware. Supposed you bought a motherboard and it got RAM up to 8GB. Your pretty much stuck with this limitation and can not go pass 8GB even if you could try.

Who needs 8 GB? I had 4 GB, had to drop it to 2 GB because new board had only two slots. Put the spare 2 GB in Mom's PC.

I have several custom built PC at my home, all of them are too old and too expensive to upgrade anyway, and that is how I know.
How old is too old? I have a P4 here.. it still works, I don't understand what you mean by "too old" :)

I would agree that building own PC would be cheaper without Micro$oft involved. But if you wanted add M$ OS then it adds up the cost to the point where its almost same cost as buying off the shelves.
Get the OEM version, it's a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
The computer was not working right for a long time. And it was not error when I hit it, I was pissed off and hit it . My new computer is not working right now and I only had it 5 or 6 days. And I have not done anything wrong to it. The font will not stay the size I want it to. I like to use #16 as my font on my emails and my new computer will keep going back #12 on it own. This has nothing to with me.

I just use Gmail for most everything lol :)

You sure something is not loose lol. What are you using for email?

Actually, there are ways but that wasn't what I was referring to.

The computer was not working right for a long time. And it was not error when I hit it, I was pissed off and hit it .
Hitting the computer was an error. It was your action that broke your computer, not the action of anyone else.

My new computer is not working right now and I only had it 5 or 6 days. And I have not done anything wrong to it. The font will not stay the size I want it to. I like to use #16 as my font on my emails and my new computer will keep going back #12 on it own. This has nothing to with me.
OK.

I build my own gaming PC for high-end gamer. It save my money better than buy a brand new computer or laptop at any store.

I've had no problem with my own custom PC for over 1 year. but, I use my Logitech headset is not sound quality. I test to using my iPhone 5 earplug sound so loud.

im gonna buy one of my mate, who's a really crazy fanatic, does everything, i knwow aht everythign means to me too, since i WAS a computer tech...but too far behind, too outdated, and such But I KNOW i can research best bits and pieces but he's been keeping up to date on how to sythesnise all bits together to work as good as ONE fast machine he does it every year, so Im buying his 'now' machine, and be prepared to buy maybe a PSU or extra sticks of rams or a CPU incase...but it wont be a whole machine...(he used is ALOT)..thats my plan ...and next year (2014) id be back into Gaming big time as it will be my gap year, and nah im not rich enough to travel sorry, unless i won a bloody big lotto.....

Back