My Keys are clean!

coins, lip balm, papers or business cards.

coins, dollars and papers. It is annoying to take out wet pieces of paper of pocket.

When I was at Gallaudet, I once found an unopened packet of condom in a dryer before I put in my wet clothes in. :giggle:
Did you ever get to use the condom? :lol:

I always have a bad habit forgetting to check my pockets before I throw the dirty clothes in the washer. :lol:

Usually, I'd find my keys, coins, dollar bills, papers, debit card in the washer/dryer. :lol:

The weirdest thing I found in the dryer was the shorts itself. One day, my mom pulled out one of my shorts and asked if I left a pocket knife in my pockets because my shorts looked like it was shredded. Yep, just that one pair of shorts was shredded from the pocket and downwards.

What was it really?

That's a story I'll share later. :)

I was staying at my aunt's place and had to hide my hearing aids in my socks because my oldest sister usually did a switcheroo with the batteries when hers was dying. I hated it when she did batteries switcheroos.

My aunt did laundry when we were sleeping and I woke up, noticed my socks was missing from my shoes. I panicked and she said they're in the dryer. :eek:

True biz, it went through a wash and dry cycle! The hearing aids actually worked much better.

I was staying at my aunt's place and had to hide my hearing aids in my socks because my oldest sister usually did a switcheroo with the batteries when hers was dying. I hated it when she did batteries switcheroos.

My aunt did laundry when we were sleeping and I woke up, noticed my socks was missing from my shoes. I panicked and she said they're in the dryer. :eek:

True biz, it went through a wash and dry cycle! The hearing aids actually worked much better.
You're one of the lucky ones.

What kind of hearing aids were they? Analog or Digital?

Yes I was lucky! It was Analog, the traditional kind. Now if it was digital.. bye bye to the hearing aid!

Yes I was lucky! It was Analog, the traditional kind. Now if it was digital.. bye bye to the hearing aid!
I agree.

My analog hearing aid lasted from 1993 to 2007 before it finally became no good.

It went through a lot... rain... shower... sweat... chewed by dog... left in parking lot for 24 hours with heavy rainstorm overnight... left in tennis court outside for 24 hours during heavy rainstorm overnight... etc.

I'm surprised it lasted that long!

Now, I'm wearing a digital hearing aid. I'm thinking about buying another analog hearing aid exactly like the one I had before. That hearing aid will be my "free time" hearing aid and my digital hearing aid will be my "serious" hearing aid. ;)

At one time, I heard a big pop coming from the laundry room, so I went to see what it was. Turns out it was a lighter that popped open, but thank God it didn't blow! :giggle:

Weirdest thing? About a month ago, I found a f'ing red crayon. :mad: I wish it was dark load wash but it wasn't...it was light colored wash, work clothes. My pants have little red streaks. I am not happy about it.

Lipstick that I left in my pocket. Ruined a load of good clothes.

I have washed my analog hearing aid before and it still worked afterwards.

The weirdest thing I found in the dryer was the shorts itself. One day, my mom pulled out one of my shorts and asked if I left a pocket knife in my pockets because my shorts looked like it was shredded. Yep, just that one pair of shorts was shredded from the pocket and downwards.

What was it really?

That's a story I'll share later. :)

:bump:

Vamp! About time you shared that story! :cool2: :rofl2:

:bump:

Vamp! About time you shared that story! :cool2: :rofl2:
Alright, since you asked... :)

I was in high school at the time. My family had moved in a house that was recently built and the neighborhood we lived in was only 25% complete.

You know how kids always like to play around in home construction sites? Well, I was sorta like one of those kids. I was skateboarding through the neighborhood full of unfinished houses when I came across a pile of bottles in the trash. I was curious to see what those bottles were, so I picked one up. Turns out that the bottle I picked up was full. The rest of the bottles were empty. I figured they were just harmless chemicals that they use around the house.

I tossed it a few feet away and the impact on the ground caused the cap to pop off and the liquid inside to spray/squirt all over me (arms, chest, shorts, legs, etc). I stood there thinking, "Oh damn, I'm all wet. I guess I'll go home and get changed.

A few seconds later, I suddenly felt like my body was covered with fire ants... eating me alive. I ran like there was no tomorrow... several blocks to get back to my house. I dropped my skateboard by the front door, ran to my bathroom upstairs, jumped in the shower (while still wearing my clothes), turned on the shower, and got myself all wet.

While I was wet, I removed all of my clothes and washed myself off. When I was done, I continued to rinse my clothes until I was sure there was nothing left on them. I then put them in the laundry. When it all came out of the dryer all shredded, I was puzzled.

I later went by that pile of bottles to see what they were. Turns out that they were full of acid. It was the acid that ate through the fabric materials in my shorts making it paper-like. So, when it went through the dryer... it tore up like it went through a shredder. :eek:

Alright, since you asked... :)

I was in high school at the time. My family had moved in a house that was recently built and the neighborhood we lived in was only 25% complete.

You know how kids always like to play around in home construction sites? Well, I was sorta like one of those kids. I was skateboarding through the neighborhood full of unfinished houses when I came across a pile of bottles in the trash. I was curious to see what those bottles were, so I picked one up. Turns out that the bottle I picked up was full. The rest of the bottles were empty. I figured they were just harmless chemicals that they use around the house.

I tossed it a few feet away and the impact on the ground caused the cap to pop off and the liquid inside to spray/squirt all over me (arms, chest, shorts, legs, etc). I stood there thinking, "Oh damn, I'm all wet. I guess I'll go home and get changed.

A few seconds later, I suddenly felt like my body was covered with fire ants... eating me alive. I ran like there was no tomorrow... several blocks to get back to my house. I dropped my skateboard by the front door, ran to my bathroom upstairs, jumped in the shower (while still wearing my clothes), turned on the shower, and got myself all wet.

While I was wet, I removed all of my clothes and washed myself off. When I was done, I continued to rinse my clothes until I was sure there was nothing left on them. I then put them in the laundry. When it all came out of the dryer all shredded, I was puzzled.

I later went by that pile of bottles to see what they were. Turns out that they were full of acid. It was the acid that ate through the fabric materials in my shorts making it paper-like. So, when it went through the dryer... it tore up like it went through a shredder. :eek:

That's quite a story. I know what that is like cause I accidently spilled battery acid on my jeans and it ate a hole in my jeans. Wow, I can only imagine what your shorts must have looked like.

That's quite a story. I know what that is like cause I accidently spilled battery acid on my jeans and it ate a hole in my jeans. Wow, I can only imagine what your shorts must have looked like.

:lol: My brother did something like that. The thought he could bleach out all the stains in his white jeans, by laying them in the bathtub. He poured straight Bleach on them. Let them soak for a couple of hours. He did rinse them off. As soon as they came out of the dryer he put them on they ripped apart like they were dry rotted! :giggle: He thought the idea at the time was great. I picked on him and called him Einstein afterward. Told him that bleach eats up the material.

My husband wallet is clean now. Fresh from the washer a few days ago. :)
He forgot to empty out his pocket before he threw them in the hamper.

Back