my iphone 4 is robbed!

My iPhone 5 have not rob yet. If adult robber who try to rob my iphone 5 and then, I can beat him up... If underage robber, I'll grab his hair unless hand it over me before let him go.

It's your choice as far as I'm concerned if you want to fight for your iphone but be careful, people are getting hurt out there.

Two Arrested For Stabbing Teen During Subway Fight Over iPhone: Gothamist
Man Stabbed During iPhone Robbery At Brooklyn Subway Station: Gothamist
String of violent robberies targeted iPhone owners | PIX 11

Good luck! This is rare because most thieves are too smart, they wait until right time where you would least expect and would not have enough time to react and its too late. I have seen video how it was stolen, wow! What if the thieves on motorcycle and had rider behind grabbed your phone, how are you going to catch them? You can't outrun motorcycle.

That's for easy target on women who's talking cellphone while walking on sidewalk. They can't rob me cuz, i'm meanest as road rage. I ain't afraid of robbers. I use to living with neighbors from Hell. I'm former misdemeanor public enemy when I was younger. I'm hoh as i can hear any motorcycle's muffler. I turn look back who's coming near me.

To be honest, I think it will make little difference in long run. Think this way, thieves would immediately pack them in box full of lead/copper shield, that way, they can't be locked remotely and they ship overseas to where there is no wireless connectivity, reformat them, and reprogram them and sell it without anyone knowing. Wireless can not penetrate though lead/copper wall.

iphone theft is huge. That's why they are taking steps. iPhone Theft Activation Lock Introduced By Apple

"Apple’s announcement came in the face of mounting pressure from law enforcement authorities grappling with an epidemic of street crime involving iPhones, iPads and other smartphones and tablet computers."

I had to pull mine out its otterbox to check, I have a different phone that, but I found a spot like that on it on the side. Now on really annoyed I was told they don't have them. I could have moved mine from my droid. Are they compatible?

Understand, but it is not wise to brag like that, Karma can bite back. You can't predict by 100%.

That's for easy target on women who's talking cellphone while walking on sidewalk. They can't rob me cuz, i'm meanest as road rage. I ain't afraid of robbers. I use to living with neighbors from Hell. I'm former misdemeanor public enemy when I was younger. I'm hoh as i can hear any motorcycle's muffler. I turn look back who's coming near me.

If they both were locked to same wireless carrier then yes you can. OR if your other phone that is "unlocked" then yes you can. The difference between locked and unlocked is that one that is locked and can be used exclusively by a carrier that locks that phone, while unlocked version, you can use any carrier of your choice.

The unlocked devices usually cost 2 or 3 times more than the locked ones.

I had to pull mine out its otterbox to check, I have a different phone that, but I found a spot like that on it on the side. Now on really annoyed I was told they don't have them. I could have moved mine from my droid. Are they compatible?

report police is useless. They do nothing. They know you had insurance cover your iphone.

My wife is using Virgin mobile and they are unlocked because my wife paid full price for unlocked phone, and mine is locked Verizon mobile, I could use my sim card on my wife's phone no problem. It will work, but if I use my wife SIM on my phone, it will not work just because mine is locked to Verizon only.

Forgot to add this, I know AT&T and Sprint will be more than happy to unlock your phone after the contract agreement has matured. I am not sure about Verizon at this time. I will find out this coming March. Only issue is that I am not that crazy about my HTC Thunderbolt. They are OK, but I had to exchange 5 times already due to defective. I have not decided whether to keep smartphone after contract is up. I personally like Verizon because of coverage. The coverage is CHAMP with Verizon.

BUT for sure! I won't get Iphone! its too hot to handle! I was eyeing for Samsung ONE! Its 100% waterproof. Damn, it only offers at AT&T.

If you think cops in United States would help you like those cops in that video? A friend of mine got his iphone 4S stolen by a kid with bicycle, she reported to police station few blocks away, and the cop replied "there are too many cases on this, that happens here often in San Francisco" Cops truly don't want to handle with this. It is like next time you use your common sense.

I agreed with authentic. Police do nothing!

next time, just buy a CHEAP mobile, not Apple, why? get expensive mobile? WASTE OF TIME
Yes, the iPhone is very tempting to thieves.

No one would steal Hubby's flip phone. :lol:

Insurance is an option, not mandatory. FYI You can opt out insurance if you want to, but too risky.
We have never had insurance on our phones. We've never lost or broken any phones, and never had any stolen. We've both had various pagers, phones, smart phones, etc., for over 20 years.

I would probably recommend insurance for families who have less responsible kids with phones.

my iPhone 4S has a SIM card. I bought a SIM Card in Canada so I can use it in Toronto.

Same here, all iPhone 5 have Sim card too, even Verizon too because of LTE.

Forgot to add this, I know AT&T and Sprint will be more than happy to unlock your phone after the contract agreement has matured. I am not sure about Verizon at this time. I will find out this coming March. Only issue is that I am not that crazy about my HTC Thunderbolt. They are OK, but I had to exchange 5 times already due to defective. I have not decided whether to keep smartphone after contract is up. I personally like Verizon because of coverage. The coverage is CHAMP with Verizon.

BUT for sure! I won't get Iphone! its too hot to handle! I was eyeing for Samsung ONE! Its 100% waterproof. Damn, it only offers at AT&T.

yes Verizon will. My Verizon iPhone is unlocked.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707
Verizon has confirmed (here and here) they WILL unlock the SIM on the iPhone 4S, allowing for use of local SIM cards while traveling abroad (no word yet on whether this will allow for use on AT&T and T-Mobile.) This is different than the jailbreak unlocking method; SIM unlocking through Verizon is permanent and will not affect your warranty in any way.

1. Meet the following requirements:

* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.
* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

If you don't meet one or more of the above requirements, call anyway. You may still get lucky.

2. Insert a foreign SIM into the SIM card slot on the side of your phone (only required to confirm that the unlock is successful.)

3. Call 1-800-711-8300 (Verizon Global Support) and ask the representative for a SIM unlock. Occassionally a representative may not know exactly what you are referring to; make sure you are not transferred to a different department. You are in the right place. Explain that they should have a walkthrough on how to do this, and that it allows for the use of local, non-Verizon SIM cards while traveling abroad.

4. Get confirmation from the rep that the unlock has been applied to your account, then check your phone to make sure it recognizes your SIM and can connect (if successful it will roam on AT&T, assuming you are calling from the USA.) You will NOT see an unlock confirmation in iTunes as that is for a factory-applied unlock only.

5. Enjoy your new unlocked iPhone 4S!

Back