My Husband passed away.

it sounds like a beautiful sending off for your dear husband.

Yes it does sound like a beautiful send of for her her husband. I wish my beloved mother had one this nice . She had a horrible funeral.

i know I have said this before elsewhere but here's my condolences for you and may your husband rest in peace. I'll keep all of your and his family in my thoughts.

Hello, everyone. The funeral is over after 1 pm. But still we went back to the Spiritual Center to have a feast. We enjoy each other. :D

I have three Deaf Natives come to the Wake yesterday and the funeral today. They were happy about the ASL interpreter. Not only that they know her from North Bay, Ontario. They are going to remember her to come and interpret for other functions that we, Deaf Natives, are going to fight for our rights. We have our organization call Deaf First Nation of Ontario. We were very excited about this. It was started last summer. I was there for the meeting at the First Nation Powwow ground. There were no powwows as we needed to discuss and complain about what the CHS (Canadian Hearing Society) or others like welfare or housing or not getting a interpreters for us. So I am looking forward for our cause with rallies and booths to other Deaf Natives about DFNO. So I will be busy doing that. I am looking forward to working with them. Boy, I don't have to worry about typing in the office in some company now that I am old and feel kind of rejected when no one want to hire a deaf woman. :ugh:

So I am going to be fine and yes, I missed my husband very much but he is now in a better place and no pain to suffer. For three days, it is a long journey to the Spirit World and he will meet his Creator. I am very satisfy with the funeral and calm.

I could not cry as I know what I had learning that he had suffered from health issues and liver damage. I was prepared for the terrible fate that will make my husband get sick over time (gradually with time). When he was under and ready to give up for himself, he had passed and it was expected. That is why I was sad but knowing that I could not cry as I lived with him every day of his life while he was ill. He needed me so much and depended on me a lot for his needs. He wanted to come home very much but then when he was getting worse. I told my husband that he could not come as he was really sick and getting worse. He knew that I was right. So he had to learn to bear with it. So thank you for your condolences and comfort me on my husband's passing. :grouphug:

man, im sorry to learn of your loss. you must try keep busy, and think about how you'd keep living, very important, my mum is the same lost her husband several years ago now. All the best your next chapter of your life.

Bebonang, I just saw this, please know I have a tear for you in this and I will pray to Her for his crossing over.

Hello, everyone. The funeral is over after 1 pm. But still we went back to the Spiritual Center to have a feast. We enjoy each other. :D

I have three Deaf Natives come to the Wake yesterday and the funeral today. They were happy about the ASL interpreter. Not only that they know her from North Bay, Ontario. They are going to remember her to come and interpret for other functions that we, Deaf Natives, are going to fight for our rights. We have our organization call Deaf First Nation of Ontario. We were very excited about this. It was started last summer. I was there for the meeting at the First Nation Powwow ground. There were no powwows as we needed to discuss and complain about what the CHS (Canadian Hearing Society) or others like welfare or housing or not getting a interpreters for us. So I am looking forward for our cause with rallies and booths to other Deaf Natives about DFNO. So I will be busy doing that. I am looking forward to working with them. Boy, I don't have to worry about typing in the office in some company now that I am old and feel kind of rejected when no one want to hire a deaf woman. :ugh:

So I am going to be fine and yes, I missed my husband very much but he is now in a better place and no pain to suffer. For three days, it is a long journey to the Spirit World and he will meet his Creator. I am very satisfy with the funeral and calm.

I could not cry as I know what I had learning that he had suffered from health issues and liver damage. I was prepared for the terrible fate that will make my husband get sick over time (gradually with time). When he was under and ready to give up for himself, he had passed and it was expected. That is why I was sad but knowing that I could not cry as I lived with him every day of his life while he was ill. He needed me so much and depended on me a lot for his needs. He wanted to come home very much but then when he was getting worse. I told my husband that he could not come as he was really sick and getting worse. He knew that I was right. So he had to learn to bear with it. So thank you for your condolences and comfort me on my husband's passing. :grouphug:

I too was by my husband's side while he was suffering. Though I miss him, I felt relieve when he did pass. I don't think I cried until the funeral when we walked into the church with the casket. I had picked out the songs for the Mass and the first one, "On Eagle's Wings", made my daughters and I break out in tears. I have cried on occasions since his death, but mostly in private. Tears are healthy and I felt better after each time of tears.
I love the song "On Eagle's Wings", but it was hard hearing it at church after the funeral. Luckily, I suppose, they didn't play that song but once or twice the year after his funeral. Those times, I would start crying. Now, I can hear the songs that were played at his funeral, and, usually, not cry.

Just wanted to let you know that it's ok to cry...when you're ready. :hug:

Bebonang, I'm glad that everything went smoothly for all the services and ceremonies. It's especially encouraging to read that you got the interpreters that you needed and wanted. It's inspiring to me to read how you are so active in advocating for First Nation Deaf rights. :hug:

Bebonang, I'm glad that everything went smoothly for all the services and ceremonies. It's especially encouraging to read that you got the interpreters that you needed and wanted. It's inspiring to me to read how you are so active in advocating for First Nation Deaf rights. :hug:

That is because I am Deaf Militant. And I always fight for my native rights and deaf rights for the rest of my life. :) That is very encouraging for you to give me the thumb up for that. Thank you, Reba. :)

I am so lucky to have one ASL interpreter. That is really amazing and my three friends were very happy to have ASL interpreter to interpret at the Wake and Church service and cemetery. We were all lucky. Yay!!!! :D

Back