My Husband passed away.

I am very sorry for your loss. I have you and your family in my prayers and thoughts. :hug:

I am so sorry Bebonang to hear of the passing of your beloved husband. I hope someone will set up a Tipii to start a fireside for your husband.
When my dad dies we sat Shiva for 7 days after his funeral. My condolences to you and your famliy .

Yep, it is all ready set up for tomorrow morning (Friday). So I am happy about that. It will continue to burn until the end of Monday after the cemetery. There will be several Fire Keepers taking turns to keep the fire going all day and all night for several days. It is very important to our tradition. :wave:

Thank you, everyone.

I am going to be okay and I have been busy making some decisions with some of the family members. That helps. I am now trying to find ways to get an ASL interpreters for the funeral. The interpreters will come in from the mainland (I live on the island) and they will stay in the hotel in another town plus providing their own food. Tomorrow morning I will call Canadian Hearing Society back again to tell where and what time for the wake on Saturday and Sunday. Then on Monday for Church and Cemetery service. The Canadian Hearing Society will tell me how much all that cost for the ASL interpreters, hotel and food plus gas for coming and going back. So That way I will report to the ODSP about the cost of having the ASL interpreters. I really need them so that I can understand what is going on. I want to give you all hugs. :grouphug:

Oh Bebonang, I'm sending you a hug and prayers. I'm happy for you that you have the beautiful Native traditions to honor your dear husband. We are all with you in spirit during this sad time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for you and your family through this difficult time. Everything will be all right in the end! I'm sure your husband is looking down at you and will be with you every step of the way. :hug:

Yep, it is all ready set up for tomorrow morning (Friday). So I am happy about that. It will continue to burn until the end of Monday after the cemetery. There will be several Fire Keepers taking turns to keep the fire going all day and all night for several days. It is very important to our tradition. :wave:

I am glad to hear the Tipii is set up . I am Jewish and when my dad dies my mother was worried there would be no to sit with dad's coffin until he was buried . When we got to the temple for dad's funeral my mother was surprised to see a man that she knew as child sitting with dad's coffin. It is our custom for someone to stay with the body until is buried. So I know how important is for you to have Fire Keepers there for your husband. :hug:

I am sorry to hear that. You have my deepest condolences.

Bebonang... I'm sorry to hear of your loss of your best friend... :grouphug:

May your husband's journey to the Creator give him peace.

Stephanie

I don't know you, Bebonang, but my heart is going out to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Bebonang... I'm sorry to hear of your loss of your best friend... :grouphug:

May your husband's journey to the Creator give him peace.

Stephanie

Miigwetch (thank you). You are a modern Native. I am just an average Native but still like to write and play games on computer. You are just different when you want to research. I don't. I hope you will find your journey into your identity. May you walk in peace. **wave**

I am so sorry to read of your loss! :( Your plans sound like a great comfort for you, and friends and family. May your husband's journey back Home to the Creator be peaceful. Wishing you strength also to get through all the planning as well. :hug:

Deepest consolences. Least he's not suffering anymore.

That is true that he does not have to suffer any more pain. He had struggled with pain for a long time. His Creator will take care of him.

Yesterday and today, we prayed, sang traditional songs and played hand drums with one rattle to help my husband go on a journey into the spirit world from the fire (smoke) in the tipi (learn that I don't have to put double i in the end, just only one in the end). We also provided him a small dish of food for his trip to the Creator so that he won't starve. I have one interpreter and she is remarkable to interpret what they say in English. One traditional man was speaking his Ojibwe language and my brother-in-law help to interpret to the interpreter what the Elder is saying to the fire (smoke). That help me understand what he said. Thank to my brother-in-law. :hug:

There will be more prayers in the evening so I am not much on computer except when I want to take a break and be on the computer for the afternoon only.

Tomorrow the Funeral home man will come and take him to the Catholic Church which was across from the Band Office and there will be some ceremony and prayers. After the Church service, we will follow him to the cemetery for the burial. That will be the end.

i agree with overthepond, that lovely sending off.....i hope you ok bebongang god bless

Back