My grandma

J'explique

Reaction score
I've been told by my mom via text messaging that my paternal grandmother is not doing well... She's been living off with help at the nursing home since 2002. She had a nasty fall at home that rendered her unable to stay home alone. She cannot do anything on her own, she have to have help with dressing up, getting around on a wheelchair. She have to rely on her oxygen tank most of the time. Her brain is really lacking of o2. That left her unable to remember short-term. I think she also have congestive heart failure. The very sad part is, she's only 81 after many, many years of chain smoking. I blame that from her model years (in the 40s). What's unbelievable, she have managed to be around since the doctors told the family she won't be around much longer... That was in 2002, 2003. Now it is 2007. I got to say that I'm ready whenever the nature is taking its course. I think my family and I have been ready for that since 2002, and this might be the one. :(

So, mods, I don't know where to put this thread. Feel free to move it if this isn't the place to post it.

Sorry about that!! We re prayer for your grandma! No more pain!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I definately know how it feels. Hope everything goes well

I'm sorry to hear about the difficult time you and your family are having now.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother...

You, your grandmother, family, friends and love ones will be in my thoughts and prayers. If it is indeed the 'time'...please do cherish on the good memories, the good and wonderful attributes relating to her and doing so will somewhat ease through the greiving period--In the meantime, do hang in there. :)

Thread will be 'sticky' for the time being.

~RR

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope it all works out. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be okay. Take care.

I'm very sorry about your grandma. I will pray for her and your family. :hug:

Oh man.. very sorry to hear of this... hope your grandmother will find the peace she sought and pass on peacefully with her family surrounded... may God guide ya in the days to come of this...

im sorry about your grandmother,J explique i know its hard for you and your family on caring of your grandma feed,clothing and going restroom and lots of mores! that not so EASY!

i have hard times on my caring our beloves Grandmother who having strokes and she cant walking nor drives but my mom told me that my dad would caring of my grandmother but my dad cant vows to caring of my grandmother! So my grandmother will staying at nursing homes till she died and she been gone to hospital for sugar test or whether how she feels but i told my cousin about her its so hard!

when i was little girls my grandma been smoking for longtimes till she quit of her vows dues she have heart problems and her doctors wanted her be strong as healthy they now she got more serious weak and health not so well.

After my Grandmother's death but i cant going anywhere to stores or whether for weeks or months they i had hard times going anywhere till im strong enough going somewhere.

Thanks, all.

So far I haven't gotten any updates yet. My parents are going to see her this weekend.

So sorry about your grandmother, J. I hope your parents have a good visit with her and she is better than thought.

J'explique, hang in there will keep you, your family and especially your grandmother in prayer. That's neat your grandmother was a model in 40's if its ok with you do share a photo of her from her modeling days if not understandable to respect your privacy.

J'explique, hang in there will keep you, your family and especially your grandmother in prayer. That's neat your grandmother was a model in 40's if its ok with you do share a photo of her from her modeling days if not understandable to respect your privacy.

I would, but I don't have those old black & white photos from her modeling years with me. My parents have them stacked somewhere inside their house.

Back