my friend applied walmart

I have lunch duty in the cafeteria monitoring the kids so my lunch is always gulped down in less than 5 mins!

Yeah, I know. And planning periods are hardly a break, either. Nor recess, if you are on recess duty!

My good friend lives in Fernley, Nevada. He emailed me... the superwalmart just building in his home area. On the first day hiring application opens, he went and applied but didn't hear nothing from walmart. his mom's friend who now works at the new walmart in Fernley. She tries to pull him in walmart but the store manager said "I don't want to held responsiblity for deaf person's injured from hitting the car, or any from work place" store manager decide not to hire him because he is deaf!!!

I want to ask you about walmart... is there a law says walmart must hire Handicapped/deaf person?? Because my friend called his interpreter to help him fight for his right and get job no matter what he is...deaf.....it doesn't got do anything being deaf... hate see deaf person getting discrimiation for being deaf!!!!

Do you know there's a website that can show the deaf's rights?? I want to read ADA law correct me if I'm wrong if its relate to this situation that my friend is going through thanks!!!

I don't work there I hate Wal-Mart & Sams they treat their employees so badly. I'm thankful I have a Union job that pays almost $33 per hour ($32.85)

I don't work there I hate Wal-Mart & Sams they treat their employees so badly. I'm thankful I have a Union job that pays almost $33 per hour ($32.85)

That means you had bad employment service in your location, not all location are treat like that.

Good for you to make earn but my aunt made 1.5x more money than you does since she don't have union, not all unions would make alot of money.

Wal-Mart does have ADA on their CBL, such as training on employees via computer.

My good friend lives in Fernley, Nevada. He emailed me... the superwalmart just building in his home area. On the first day hiring application opens, he went and applied but didn't hear nothing from walmart. his mom's friend who now works at the new walmart in Fernley. She tries to pull him in walmart but the store manager said "I don't want to held responsiblity for deaf person's injured from hitting the car, or any from work place" store manager decide not to hire him because he is deaf!!!

I want to ask you about walmart... is there a law says walmart must hire Handicapped/deaf person?? Because my friend called his interpreter to help him fight for his right and get job no matter what he is...deaf.....it doesn't got do anything being deaf... hate see deaf person getting discrimiation for being deaf!!!!

Do you know there's a website that can show the deaf's rights?? I want to read ADA law correct me if I'm wrong if its relate to this situation that my friend is going through thanks!!!

Ekkk I think the Manager doesn't know what deaf can do, maybe he or she needs to be educated!! why not his friend that works there to explain to the Manager.. or get a deaf agency to come to explain ... wow.. I think it just who hires not all about Walmart with an understanding...

I'm employee at regular wal-mart store.

ADA require all workplace to hire disability, plus it's not excuse for managers to not hire deaf people because of damage, harm or injuries then just call to wal-mart and explain to the about what happen with managers, if it doesn't work then just report to NAD then NAD would help you to file the lawsuit or appealing to wal-mart or just call lawyers to make court date, as you vs. wal-mart then sue their ass.

I don't have any related issue with that, my manager at our store are nice and friendly, haven't any problem with related because of deafness but only cause misunderstood communication sometime, just easier to work out with them. Every stores and managers are different but not just for wal-mart, some managers can be asshole about refuse to hire deaf people.

well noone is perfect, we all misunderstand not just the deafies.. smile as there's more and more multicultural working but with acceptance.. Glad you got an understanding Manager.. I love my Manager as well after a long struggle for years and now I move to a new dept, she has been awesome... so there's some good and bad managers ...

Some mortal and ethnic are bad and good where they are trained to work as managments as well as I'm wal-mart associate. I believe store manager is in trouble for his improper remark sake! Regional or Office Home in Arkansas will hear your situation hopefully to resolve. Store manager in your area is stupid! You can get lawyer to sue. I feel that he is racial predjuice against deaf people? Maybe?

Wouldn't it be best to take it up to the upper management to be dealt with before jumping onto ADA ?? it just my thinking logically how business works, if you don't like or get along with your co-worker, you go to your supervisor to talk it out and things will be good.. if it doesn't work then go the next level if not, go to the union but I know Walmart isn't unionized that's the problem... no protection there!!... then if all doesn't work out then go to ADA, as I'm sure there's a long long long list of complaints that may take years to be dealt with..

I just put in an appication in on Feb 29th, and waited a week. and than Called everyday to talk to two asst. manager for 3rd trik, finally they've talked to each other and one said to get me in the door if I'm ok, so I've called another time and they said they had to look @ the computer and he'll call me back, Finally someone called me back and asked how I filled ou the 60 Strongly Agree or disagree questions, and I told him honestly, I did my best but I was strugglin with it cause the questions were mixed up to confused you and that I also have a Learning Disabilties. My friend works there and has been talkin to them as well.. he told her that I should be here soon, after some process of saying that he could over-ride the questionair thru the TOP human resource person since of my "LD" status. and he would call me back in a week. week comes by and no phone call. so I called back and talked to the other manager and he said well let me check my e-mails and i'll call you back. So he finally called me back and was like no i'm not in their computer system still and that I probably don't have a chance cause they have to hire 150 ppl thats in front of me since I've failed the survey. I told him what the other manager said about over-riding the test and he was like I never heard of that one before..

What the heck is goin on? Is this considering a discrimnation since I told them I had a "LD" after the fact they told me that i would have the job and now they say well we have 150 ppl in fron of you so come back with your 90 day thing retires so u can re do ur applilcation or so.

I'm 19 male, hard of hearing w/ two hearing aids. I just feel i'm not worthless anymore I cant find a job...

Back