My failure as a camper

Originally posted by ChelEler
I camp all the time, regardlessly to the weather! I did camped out there in the snow twice! Imagine that! Wow! Freezing nights! :lol: No I didn't get any frostbites anywhere. Whew. Heh. These two times was made so I can go hunting for elk and deer. :mrgreen: It was way up high in the mountain, that's why it's freezing in October!

I camped during the dry weather, and wet weather all the time. It rained and it didn't bother me. :dunno: I guess I'm more like a "cave-woman." :laugh2: I love to be outdoor (not while I'm pregnant, no way). :thumb:

In fact, for the fourth of July, we're planning to camp out up there in South Dakota. :mrgreen:

I used to hold camping for deer hunts. :p

Worst morning was when no one had a match. We had to use the car's cigrattee lighter. :p

Originally posted by illustrator
I have been on camp for many time, I have enough experience. Thank to Scout Boy.

It's most tough to live without everything: cooler box, AC, electric, tv, etc. Just have to carry water or find water to drink and cook and bath. And cook food, use dry food or something that can be cook without necessary to storage in cooler box. :D

Dang city kid. :p

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I used to hold camping for deer hunts. :p

Worst morning was when no one had a match. We had to use the car's cigrattee lighter. :p

:rofl: HAHAHA! No matches?! So you had to use that car cigarette lighter to start a bonfire, eh!? ROFL!!

There were no vehicles around when I was camping up there in the mountain in the snow. We used horses to get there. Whew, it's very tiring, but a lot of fun, of course.

Originally posted by ChelEler
:rofl: HAHAHA! No matches?! So you had to use that car cigarette lighter to start a bonfire, eh!? ROFL!!

There were no vehicles around when I was camping up there in the mountain in the snow. We used horses to get there. Whew, it's very tiring, but a lot of fun, of course.

The worst thing was that everything was wet. Try lighting a wet leaf with a lighter.

Actually I just used a shovel and dug in and found some dried roots. That's what I used after my buddies tried for hours. They would not give me a chance to talk to them. Yes, they all are hearing. They were arguing along each other how they were doing things wrong. Until I mentioned the cigrattee lighter in the car...everyone ran to the car to grab it first.

They wasted about a gallon or two of gas keeping the truck running trying to make a wet leaf catch on fire. What idiots they are?

I just took a shovel and went up part of the mountains. They all thought I was digging some graves. lol.

tip: bring some charcoals in case it may be raining or having wet woods.

it works out beautiful. :)

Originally posted by deafclimber
tip: bring some charcoals in case it may be raining or having wet woods.

it works out beautiful. :)

I just made a homemade kind of firestarter.

If you want to know....here's what you do..

Collect all those lints from clothes washer. Try to gather as much as you can. About a walmart bag full of them is what I usually start with.

I go to buy some candle waxes. I would put a pot on a stove and heat up the wax until they all are melt into liquid.

I'll put in those lints and stir it until it's all wet. I leave it there to be fully soaked with wax. I would use something like a big spoon and lift out the lint and put it into Egg Cartons and leave them to dry. Try to make sure there are 80% lint and 20% wax in each egg holes. Leave them to completely dry. Take the carton with you to camping...Just rip off an egg hole and set it under some wood kindlings and set fire to the egg carton's jaggy edge. Voia.

Back