My deaf cat is leaving tomorrow, very sad

Etoile

Reaction score
I just wanted to share with my AD friends. I am sitting and crying right now because tomorrow we have to take our sweet kitty to the vet to be put to sleep. She is only 13 or 14 but she is senile, and she has kidney failure. She is completely deaf and can't see or smell very well. She walks around fine and she seems like she is okay, but she will only get worse from now on, not better. So it is time.

Please, if you have had arguments with me in the past, put them aside because I am really in a lot of pain right now, I can't stop crying. She is sleeping right near me on the bed and she doesn't know what her fate is. I wish I could tell her somehow.

If somebody knows how to post a video, please tell me, I would like to share one with Amanita in it.

Your post touch my heart :tears:

I know an exact how you feel for lose your beloved one. I know it's hurtful to see her go. I know you did right choice to save her from suffering pain... Your cat is such beautiful. Try to keep her in your good memory... :(

Your cat is similar as my soon to be 22 years old Sussi... She will be 22 years old next Monday.

You & your kitty are in my thought and feeling... :hug:

Wow... I'm very sorry. :hug: a many.
I can understand where you are from... :(

I lost my Callie to her disease too... :(:(

My prayer goes with your kitty...

I am very sorry. I had to put to sleep a 16 year old Lhasa Apso for much the same reasons. I know you are in a lot of pain. You have my sympathy.

:( I am sorry that you have to put her to sleep. :( I understand it is what the best and not let her suffer. She is beautiful kitty! The memories and her love will be always in your heart.

I'm very sorry about your kitty. It's a hard decision, I know. I've had to make the same one myself, several times. I know that you are doing what's best for her. :hug:

This is only the 3rd time I have had a pet die. The first time she was extremely sick, very suddenly, and it was obviously the best thing. The second time she died naturally because she was very old. This time she doesn't SEEM very sick, so it is hard for me.

Thanks, everybody.

I can understand what you are going thru... I had to put down my last two dachshunds. I still miss them eventhough they are gone for several years.

I am sorry about your cat. I know it is a hard decision to make but it is a best thing to do to stop her suffering. Please think about all the good time you had her. Hang in there girl and be strong. :hug:

that's sad news ... very cute cat *my eyes get watery *

*hugs* It is no easy thing to do but to keep in mind that your cat will be in peace. Give her all of your loving and she will always remember you... I'm sorry.

Etoile, I'm sorry to hear about this and truly, it will be hard but in due time it will pass. My condolences goes out to you, girl. Your cat is blessed to have you in her life. Hang in there.

I am sorry she's going to leave ...just for now. I guess it's time someone up there needs newest angel and of course from the pictures she looks like a big sweetheart! until one fine day you will meet her again.

all my condolences out to you, take care and only remember good and funny memories - she wouldn't want you to cry - talk, smooch, stroke, hug her all you can now. :hug:

Thank you everybody. She is gone now. It was so hard. When we were driving to the vet, I couldn't cry...I felt sad but I couldn't make myself cry. As soon as we walked inside I started to cry and I didn't stop until it was all over. It took a really long time, we are mad at the vet's office because of that...we made an appointment because we knew this would be difficult and we didn't want to wait. She was so good. She was always the sweetest kitty, never did anything wrong. She was good all the way through, and I got to hold her, and I felt her stop breathing.

I am kind of relieved, because even until the very last second, I wasn't sure we did the right thing. Of course my head knows I did the right thing, but my heart wants to grab her back. I can't now, it's too late, and even that is somewhat peaceful and reassuring. I don't have to worry anymore if I did the right thing, because it can't be changed now. But my heart is broken and I think we aren't going to get another cat so right now I am holding a fuzzy toy because I needed something close to me.

Thank you everybody.

Back