My deaf accent is killing my dating

Too many females tends to be too Hollywood minded.

They have these false set of ideas of what kind of man they want. They judge a book only the cover. Many women end up in abusive relationships and many stay in it hoping their man would change and they never do.

Women look for hair length, skin type, what clothing they wear, what kind of job they do and what car they drive. (and in some cases, penile length)

None of these things are important.

I found my perfect woman and she has a heart of gold.

She's an double amputee, overweight with a knock out smile and a great personality.

She's my perfect wife.

lol, you mean miss right, dont encourage him to commit adultery with a married woman lmao, sorry couldnt help it

but on the other hand, married woman are more fun as long as you dont get caught!
*ducks*

If she was married... Then she would not be Mrs. Right.

Right?

Too many females tends to be too Hollywood minded.

They have these false set of ideas of what kind of man they want. They judge a book only the cover. Many women end up in abusive relationships and many stay in it hoping their man would change and they never do.

Women look for hair length, skin type, what clothing they wear, what kind of job they do and what car they drive. (and in some cases, penile length)

None of these things are important.

I found my perfect woman and she has a heart of gold.

She's an double amputee, overweight with a knock out smile and a great personality.

She's my perfect wife.

Those too many females, are the same ones that those too many males look for.

Too many look into physical attraction. and do not look deep enough in the heart and soul in the person.

I havent looked into deaf clubs or organizations. I dont know how to sign and thought I would be out of place. What do they have in the Phoenix area?
Doug.....I've found that Deaf organizations will serve late deafend and hoh folks. I really do think that the key is learning ASL...... Oh god....who was the parent of the girl who was a student at Phoinix Day School for the Deaf? He used to post here a lot but I haven't seen him in awhile....maybe he could help you!

Doug.....I've found that Deaf organizations will serve late deafend and hoh folks. I really do think that the key is learning ASL...... Oh god....who was the parent of the girl who was a student at Phoinix Day School for the Deaf? He used to post here a lot but I haven't seen him in awhile....maybe he could help you!

You are thinking of BBNT.

geez i think this is sad, but i guess you (doug) could mention in an email prior to that phone call, to warn i have a funny accent (or choose a better word than funny) please understand I have a slight speech impairment as it does not reveal my true intelligence or 'persona' or maybe insist to met over a coffee in face to face in town, in a neutral place, but kind of try explain why this is prefered or perhaps you could say, if you wish to feel safer bring along your freind as i will bring mine so its a 'small group' effect to help chaperoning? it just ideas....

I just did that with the latest girl I am emailing. Now she thinks Im totally deaf and wont be able to hear her. :lol: She actually is pretty cool. She knows a little sign language and said would like to learn it with me.

I guess you gotta be prepared for a lot of rejection before you can find anyone decent.

There is a deaf on line dating service. I don't know anything about it so I can't recommend it.

Have you tried eHarmony? My cousin met and married his wife there. They're really happy.

Hang in there! It's just a matter of time before you meet someone who truly appreciates you.

Man, just tell them straight up that you are deaf, and thus, that you don't sound like most people on the phone. In this way, you wont take her by surprise. If she can't deal with that, then move on to the next. There are billions of wonderful women out in the world waiting to meet a cool guy, so no worries.

Ive been replying to ads on the internet. Some are interested, we exchange pics and email back and forth, but when its time to talk on the phone thats when it ends. The girl will be like, I am really busy but I will "definitly" call you back. Im no chump when I hear them emphasize "definitly" calling me back that means get lost. They never call or email me ever again. :roll:

Just letting deaf chicks know some of the difficulties deaf guys have when it comes to dating.

Looks like I gotta take some more speech classes.

Dont change who you are to get a girl. If they cannot accept you for who you are, they are so not worth it! Don't you dare take another speech class unless it's something YOU want to do. Be yourself and some lucky girl is going to fall very much in love!

tell them to forget the phone, and say you would find it more adventureous using texts because you can cheat, (well, her) and say it mean she doesnt have to tell other people that she's going out with a deaf guy, but like, say it so it gives her a chance to try you out, (and you try her), and then once she gets to know you, and then you can suggest her to "come out" to admit she's fallen for a deaf guy. I know this is 'weird advice' but not really....hell say txt is cheaper and easier than phone, like you say ' i cant use phone (lie ok, hell I cant use the phone anymore now since bloody tinnitus but thats different .also age perhaps?) .

You gotta use your imagination, use technology available to YOUR advatanges - dont let hearing's technology (traditional voice phone) be a burden, take more control of your situation, and like LET the hearing learn to adapt to you, and THEN you can meet half way to admit you can use phone but say (and this is being honest) you prefer not to use phone with strange people because its a two way thing, to get to know their voices and (them to yours - but dont do this until you are well and truely developing a freindship)
, so there , thats my take , think about this way, it might work better for you, and i think it would be in your favour, Doug, dont give up, but then if you not up to it right now, give it a break have time to your self (heal and be kind to your self -as i do to myself too)

oK ?
GOOD LUCK :)

Doug, how's it going? Any more dates? Sending you good dating mojo!

Back