My deaf accent is killing my dating

Doug5

Reaction score
Ive been replying to ads on the internet. Some are interested, we exchange pics and email back and forth, but when its time to talk on the phone thats when it ends. The girl will be like, I am really busy but I will "definitly" call you back. Im no chump when I hear them emphasize "definitly" calling me back that means get lost. They never call or email me ever again. :roll:

Just letting deaf chicks know some of the difficulties deaf guys have when it comes to dating.

Looks like I gotta take some more speech classes.

Then those girls would probably not be worth it if they are so callous like that.

another thing is, I seem to have a hard time talking into the phone, it dosent feel natural. Talking normally I try to project my voice.

another thing is, I seem to have a hard time talking into the phone, it dosent feel natural. Talking normally I try to project my voice.

I feel you. I have the same issues whenever I talk.

Why not meet with them in person and let them know why talking on the phone is not easy for you. Even though I have a CI, I still have a hard time talking on the phone.

women tend to be skittish. The phone is their big test before meeting face to face.

I tried telling a girl I was deaf and dont like talking on the phone and she was said forget it.

Women are very picky on the internet. They get a zillion responses for their one ad. They find something they dont like to trim down the heard. What gets me through the first cuts is I am tall and have a full head of hair. A short guy probably has a harder time than me.

the skittish ones are the ones that are not worth your time. Would you want to spend time with a lady who doesn't want to work with you in communication?

Most of what's been said has been said already.

Internet dating isn't some easy thing anymore as it used to be. You're probably looking for the right person to spend your time with rather than the women who are turning you down. Perhaps they're speed dating. :wave:

Like someone else said, do you really want to be married with someone who can't spend a few minutes with your voice?

the skittish ones are the ones that are not worth your time. Would you want to spend time with a lady who doesn't want to work with you in communication?

I dont, but we will be emailing back forth and it seems to be going good it gets your hopes up. I thought she would at least give me a chance.

Most of what's been said has been said already.

Internet dating isn't some easy thing anymore as it used to be. You're probably looking for the right person to spend your time with rather than the women who are turning you down. Perhaps they're speed dating. :wave:

Like someone else said, do you really want to be married with someone who can't spend a few minutes with your voice?

thats it, if the person dont love me I dont want to be with them anyway. I just feel like I am not even given a chance.

It is hard not to bitter. Should I be a prick and focus on the girls flaws, none of us is "perfect". Is that what I have to do? Play mind games and cut the girls self esteem down to size? I could be ruthless but that isnt me. I am too easy going.

Meh, just leave them be, but you can do whatever you want to do.
Do you really wanna sink yourself down to their level, or use your time to gain nothin' out of it?

America is made up of 7/10 pricks and 2/10 cool and .5/10 perfects. Add some random decimals in there for variations and weirdos.

The telltale habit of a woman that is excessive on the phone is more than likely the one that you do not want to be with if you are looking for the perfect spouse. You've seen them plenty in the movies and TV, I'm sure!

She'll be yakking her arse off at you when she gets mad.

Meh, just leave them be, but you can do whatever you want to do.
Do you really wanna sink yourself down to their level, or use your time to gain nothin' out of it?

America is made up of 7/10 pricks and 2/10 cool and .5/10 perfects. Add some random decimals in there for variations and weirdos.

The telltale habit of a woman that is excessive on the phone is more than likely the one that you do not want to be with if you are looking for the perfect spouse. You've seen them plenty in the movies and TV, I'm sure!

She'll be yakking her arse off at you when she gets mad.

I know, Im just saying Im not some clueless doofuss. I used to have social anxiety, then I started realizing we all have flaws, and that none of us are perfect. And it went away. Ive gotten past focusing on them, now I talk to people level to level without any stress or anxiety while realizing my hoh or deafness is not a dealbreaker.

take any lessons such as golf lesson, art class, some classes that interests you that's how you would meet gals in real life. they would see you everything about you and hear your deaf accent voice and still think you are adorable.

one of my sibling met her husband through taking a golf lesson and the teacher fell in love with her. my sister is not an athletic chickie. :shock: They both were 40 at this time and got married within the following year.

The bottom line is, just have faith and be confident in yourself. :)

One class to take would be ASL, and any girls you met in it would be predisposed to like deaf people.

Douge5 - lol, yep - try ASL classes. An untapped source of hot guys. I'd go!!!

Back