My bad squirrels

is that a tree growing out of goose's back?

edit: oh never mind. just saw your other pix at different angle. nope there was no tree growing out of its back :lol:
:lol: It's a tree growing behind the ceramic duck.

BTW, that's the same duck that the squirrels often tackle down to the ground. I used too have two of them (given to me by a neighbor) but the squirrels killed one. (One tackle too many.)

Back when we had the house, we had a birdhouse that got taken over by a squirrel. He was really adorable - except for my mother when he was on the bird feeder or in her basil plants, so I called him Luigi. :lol: He always used to come down for me when I had peanuts for him. I really miss all my animals now that I'm in the condo. Thank God for the ducks....

Laura

They have plenty of other food and water. They can't even keep up with acorns we have. They don't need to steal from the birds. The squirrels also destroy the feeders.

LOL!! Come on now , they're animas and do not reason like people do . They could careless about destroying people birdfeeders. Food is food and I have yet to hear of one birdfeeder that 100% squirrels proof . My sister had tried all kind of squirrels proof birdfeeders and the squirrels still find a way to get the seeds. How about putting nuts out for the squirrels and put the nuts far away from the feeders.

Some people do put nuts out for the squirrels hoping this well keep them away from their birdfeeders. I put a bowl of water on the ground to try and keep the squirrels from climbing right into the birdbaths. The squirrels where spilling the water and getting it dirty and they like having their water easy to get to.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAJIaEJChE8[/ame]

are squirrels smart - Google Search

I was trying to post only one photo and posted them all . I like the one with the squirrel saying " why don't you come over and just say that"
funny-pictures-angry-squirrel-leaves-screaming.jpg

Make them work for it or be smarter....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A-7g-fl3g8]SloMo Squirrel Flung! Awesome! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYLRLwphcs]Squirrel Catapult - YouTube[/ame]

... How about putting nuts out for the squirrels and put the nuts far away from the feeders.
They already have tons of nuts, pinecones, seeds to eat on the ground. I also feed them crackers and treats for squirrels, away from the bird feeders. They don't lack for food. They just want what they want.

They already have tons of nuts, pinecones, seeds to eat on the ground. I also feed them crackers and treats for squirrels, away from the bird feeders. They don't lack for food. They just want what they want.

My husband enclosed our garden this year in a huge structure of chicken wire . Enclosure has saved the vegetable garden, but he went out one morning, and saw the squirrels found the construction an ideal place to sit while eating peaches that were convenient to them from the top of the wire structure!

Get a dog , that will keep them away.

I really wish that I had a camera of my grandma feeding squirrels more than 15 story building in the city. squierrl looks so chubby. :shock: She made me sit by the window and open it and put some food out then squirrel showed up.. adorable!

Back