MUST READ, this may help you or a friend

Yes, its very unusal for a kid like me to do something like this, but I love to treat everyone with what they deserved.

I am an Eagle Scout, National Honor Society Member, and a few other community projects.

I'm 18, 98% hard of hard of hearing, I speak very well. do not use asl. plan on going to columbus state community college in columbus,ohio to learn deaf culture studies and then take ASL there then go for any other option I can and see what I can get at the end as a career job!:ugh3:

Yes, its very unusal for a kid like me to do something like this, but I love to treat everyone with what they deserved.

I am an Eagle Scout, National Honor Society Member, and a few other community projects.

I'm 18, 98% hard of hard of hearing, I speak very well. do not use asl. plan on going to columbus state community college in columbus,ohio to learn deaf culture studies and then take ASL there then go for any other option I can and see what I can get at the end as a career job!:ugh3:

AWESOME!!!
keep up with the great work! you will succeed and have a great future, kiddo! :thumb:
we need more people/leaders like you!!!

Just curious? can you explain this

Right ear- Nucleus Freedom
IMPLANTED: 1/11/07
ACTIVATED: 1/29/07

do you know what CI (cochlear implant) is?

i was implanted on january 11th of this year... and hooked up/activated (meaning it was turned on)... catch me? :)

yea i know the feeling!!! i was tempted to get a "silver" CI but i thought about my future in the business/career world so i ended up getting brown ones! :D .... so your HAs are clear!??? can you show us a picture?? i have never seen "clear" HAs??? they must be new on the market now!!!?? :-o
fiestychick, mine are clear too, I think they're awsome, and Im in a professional field too by the way

Yeah I'm working in a place where I think its more proper to have brown or clear. I was tempted to get dark blue but I had to think of my job first. I picked Clear. I'm really excited on getting it!

Wait, you're afraid they'd fire you just cause you have a blue hearing aid? Oh geez....:eek3:

yea i know the feeling!!! i was tempted to get a "silver" CI but i thought about my future in the business/career world so i ended up getting brown ones! :D ....[/B]
I think silver can look classy and professional, like classic silver jewelry.

Is it the color that you think looks "unprofessional" or is it the CI itself that you think looks "unprofessional"? Did someone at work say something to you about it?

Just curious.

Yeah I'm working in a place where I think its more proper to have brown or clear. I was tempted to get dark blue but I had to think of my job first. I picked Clear. I'm really excited on getting it!
Excuse my curiosity but I have the same question for you.

Did someone at work criticize wearing visible HA's?

Do people who wear glasses in your profession wear just "invisible" frames? What about earrings or other jewelry?

Dark or Navy blue is considered a classic neutral color in fashion. That's why so many people wear Navy blue blazers at work. I'm surprised your business considers that "improper".

Does your business have a strict dress code or uniform? I can understand if it requires a uniform.

If you prefer the clear, I'm not criticizing your choice. I think it's wonderful that you can get whatever pleases you. :P

I'm just curious about the job situation. It doesn't seem fair, especially in light of ADA.

fiestychick, mine are clear too, I think they're awsome, and Im in a professional field too by the way

can you PRETTY PLEASE show me a picture of them as i am so CURIOUS!!! because i have NEVER seen "clear" HAs??? :D

I think silver can look classy and professional, like classic silver jewelry.

Is it the color that you think looks "unprofessional" or is it the CI itself that you think looks "unprofessional"? Did someone at work say something to you about it?

Just curious.

my audiologist and bf said that the brown would look better in the business/career world... which is why i chose them over the "silver" ones...

Aww :(

I was actually looking for hearing aids for myself, since I'm on a long waiting list from Cleveland Hearing Speech Center for donate of hearing aids and havent heard from them within three years now :(

I still do have my old hearing aids since I wore during high school but they're not as good as they were before...

edit It was very nice of you to donate your hearing aids not often do I see people doing that for those who really do need it...

I want Purple HAs...If my boss at my work doesnt like it then too bad for him! :giggle:
Nah, I dont think people at my work would care what color people's HAs are.

One student got new mold this week and it was a silver mold. I was like :jaw:

I feel real bad, I kinda created this website and tried to do this by myself, but then my dad got involed and he has PMS.. and told me to keep them and blah blah so he's not allowing me to do this and also,

can anyone here say what the VBR is and how to find it in your local area?

I dont know the full details myself but It would help the person that I was ending up helping.

I feel bad and i'm sorry that this even happend. I dont know why my dad won't get the idea of helping someone else w/ these hearing aids would be great.

Isn't it illegal to sell used hearing aids for new people to use them? If I remember correctly, I heard it's not allowed under the federal law.

Isn't it illegal to sell used hearing aids for new people to use them? If I remember correctly, I heard it's not allowed under the federal law.

You are correct. In NYS its a state law to forbid door to door sales of hearing aids. All HOH and Deaf people must be tested prior fitting for a hearing aid. That is the NYS law I know of so far.

Back