Multiple VP's? Possible?

ohh boy.. ok if you have two soreson vp and one router... just plug the first one as normal...

second one.. just plug in the router and go the setting, click network and then public ip you will see 3 dots.. click the second dot *use current ip address* then Ok

restart and test it..

it's work perfect with me and another sorenson vp in another room.

Actually I said its best to have public IP address for each VPs, however some provider wouldnt allow to have more than 1 IP, and some provider can have additional IP address for optional cost.

Well I have to say yes it is true that they can use router on single public ip address, but I still meant that public ip address is must for individual VPs.
First of all, to use VP on behind router, or firewall, and its not necessarily to set up DMZ, however theres ports for VP which is 1720 TCP, 15328, 15329, 15330, 15331, 15332, 15333 TCP and UDP (both). After that, first VP confiuration would be follow by router's configuration example
(Your ISP's DNS 1 and/or 2)
VP will determinte 192.168.0.100 as public ip first, but you must change it by manually to your real public ip address that you did configured on router WAN IP. Then this VP is all set to go, do the samething for second VP of course different router's dhcp ip address, but same Subnet Mask, and your ISP's DNS 1 and/or 2...and again second VP will determine as public address would be 192.168.0.101 for example, but configure your real SECOND public address manually in the VP settings... That should will do....

As far I know no-ip or dyns.org would ask your information where it should be going to and gives you NO IP address like vp100one.no-ip.com or dyns.org instead showing public address, but it would still mean same public address as for people who only has 1 public ip address? words ip would still detect same ip address any how you put in their configuration will coming across same IP address as you create new name that show no public ip address.

PS as I explained about above, I forgot to mention that while you do that, just let u know NetMeeting use video outgoing port 1720 as well, means you can't use NeMeeting at same with VPs, otherwise VPs outgoing video will show blackout, til you're done using NetMeeting and that includes for any Messenger video chat.

Back