Multiple VP setup

I have question. I have switchbox and set up everything. One problem is that I can't get my MVP to work, but the VP200 works fine as I tested call my VP200 with my MVP. The VP200 light rings and I know it's working. I tried to call my MVP with my VP200 and nothing happening. Does anyone know what I need to check out on the DLINK config site? I know it's 192.168.0.1
Which Tab to I need to go to Setup, Advance or Tools to find out why I can't get my MVP to work. I can call out, but can't receive calls on my MVP.
Any Suggestion??
Have you have the port forwarding numbers inserted into your router?

Yes I know what that is but it's mostly set on 0.0.0. Does that means I have to enter the number in there??

It is already set on that. The point is it has something to do with the DLINK Config. Not the MVP.

No The MVP must be on Static only. IF I am out with MVP to bookstore, restaurant, etc it will automatically do the DHCP itself.

It is already set on that. The point is it has something to do with the DLINK Config. Not the MVP.

No The MVP must be on Static only. IF I am out with MVP to bookstore, restaurant, etc it will automatically do the DHCP itself.
Well, at the moment, what I believe, you set your VP200 as primary so you may want to switch to MVP as primary. Well, there is nothing further I can assist, I recommend you to speak with nathan, who is an AD'er here, and he's one of the finest technical support who can assist you with this specific issue.

Good day.

Thanks.. But My VP200 is not primary my MVP is the primary. Ok I will try and Thanks for trying :)

Have a Good Day :)

Thanks.. But My VP200 is not primary my MVP is the primary. Ok I will try and Thanks for trying :)

Have a Good Day :)

I work for Purple. If you want primary for MVP and secondary for S-VP. You use static on 192.168.0.25 for MVP. You will get upgrade firmware into MVP soon. will change port forwarding settings into router. no more DMZ. Please be patient. :)

I work for Purple. If you want primary for MVP and secondary for S-VP. You use static on 192.168.0.25 for MVP. You will get upgrade firmware into MVP soon. will change port forwarding settings into router. no more DMZ. Please be patient. :)

Thanks Chevy :) I will be patient. I have two IP address and one for MVP and VP200. ONly thing that I got working is the VP200 to ring, but not the MVP. :(

Thanks Chevy :) I will be patient. I have two IP address and one for MVP and VP200. ONly thing that I got working is the VP200 to ring, but not the MVP. :(

Did you pay extra public IP address? DSL or Cable? if MVP won't work to receive calls, may contact CC. They will solve problem.

Did you pay extra public IP address? DSL or Cable? if MVP won't work to receive calls, may contact CC. They will solve problem.

I have two and one came with my Internet Service with my Cable Company. I asked for another IP address. Yes I pay extra for another public IP address. I have Cable.

I told my friend I want to have separate IP for my VP and MVP. So he told me I will have to get switchbox and said it would be easy to do. I went in the DLINK config and check on what he said, be sure DZM is off and all that also anti-spoof (something like that) checked. Then I tried test the MVP to call VP it works, but VP to call MVP, not work.

(sorry don't need to explain again) That's the concept of what I did and was told.

I will call CC tho.. Thanks!

dont worry the next update version 1.5.4 on mvp will support one vp200 andmulti mvp on one ip address i was told by a purple guy finally purple team realized the current setup doesnt work at present time the update will be out as they finalized it soon

One thing i do not like about "soon"! We need to know "WHEN", can yo tell us?

Yes I know what that is but it's mostly set on 0.0.0. Does that means I have to enter the number in there??

I had the same problem lately. You need to make sure it was on Static and the IP address is set at 192.168.0.25. Sometimes MVP will change IP address itself on it own. Last time it changed IP address to 192.168.0.199 I was like, "WTF??" I had to call tech support they told me to change the setting back to 192.168.0.25 that is the setting for MVP. I don't know why it changed on it own. When they update to 1.5.4, maybe it should fix the problem so MVP won't change IP address anymore.

If it continues to stay at 0.0.0.0 then you can try get hold of tech support they can help you out.

I had the same problem lately. You need to make sure it was on Static and the IP address is set at 192.168.0.25. Sometimes MVP will change IP address itself on it own. Last time it changed IP address to 192.168.0.199 I was like, "WTF??" I had to call tech support they told me to change the setting back to 192.168.0.25 that is the setting for MVP. I don't know why it changed on it own. When they update to 1.5.4, maybe it should fix the problem so MVP won't change IP address anymore.

If it continues to stay at 0.0.0.0 then you can try get hold of tech support they can help you out.

Do you mean the ip address on the top of the MVP screen? If so, it's easy to solve it on your own. When you see the ip address had changed like this 0.0.0.0 or to a private ip instead of public ip address, just sign out then sign back in. This will solve the problems.

Do you mean the ip address on the top of the MVP screen? If so, it's easy to solve it on your own. When you see the ip address had changed like this 0.0.0.0 or to a private ip instead of public ip address, just sign out then sign back in. This will solve the problems.
as if it was on DCHP, correct?

Yes the IP address on the top of the MVP screen. I did tried signing out and signing back in it was still at 0.0.0.0 I had to go to preference and change the IP address to 192.168.0.25 and the network is at static. MVP got the mind of it own changing IP address itself which it is not supposed to. I hope the MVP update 1.5.4 will fix the problem to keep from changing IP address on it own.

WHEW!! MY MISSION IS ACCOMPLISHED! Got both of them working FINALLY after 2 days struggling and feedback with friend who helped me. He made suggestions that I try this and that.
The ethernet plug supposed to be plugged in the last port of the switch box not number 5 and end of the switch plug it in to the Wireless WAN, then reboot the computer. I press the wireless button DIR 625 has button on the side, I press that and my MVP (preference) network scan and picked it up. I went to the DLINK config which is the 192.168.0.1 again and check to see if anything there it picked up my MVP and it's MAC number ect... then reserve it. Try call my MVP from my VP200 didn't go thru, but from MVP to VP200 went thru. SO I had to go to enabled the DMZ then the next to it to set the DMZ which is 196.168.0.25 and I try it again. BOTH WORK!! Finally accomplished my mission after 2 days. *give myself a big pat on the back*

WHEW!! MY MISSION IS ACCOMPLISHED! Got both of them working FINALLY after 2 days struggling and feedback with friend who helped me. He made suggestions that I try this and that.
The ethernet plug supposed to be plugged in the last port of the switch box not number 5 and end of the switch plug it in to the Wireless WAN, then reboot the computer. I press the wireless button DIR 625 has button on the side, I press that and my MVP (preference) network scan and picked it up. I went to the DLINK config which is the 192.168.0.1 again and check to see if anything there it picked up my MVP and it's MAC number ect... then reserve it. Try call my MVP from my VP200 didn't go thru, but from MVP to VP200 went thru. SO I had to go to enabled the DMZ then the next to it to set the DMZ which is 196.168.0.25 and I try it again. BOTH WORK!! Finally accomplished my mission after 2 days. *give myself a big pat on the back*

Finally! Watch out to check correct ports on router

Last edited:
Back