Multiple Deaths Reported In Shootout Between Rival Biker Gangs At Texas Marketplace

How prescient!

I think mankind is regressing back to the caveman time . Instead of trying to communicate with people they just kill them :shock:

What,

I think you have no idea how prescient your statement is! In Western civilization, we are considered to be in an upward or rising ascent as a human civilization while technology continues to be more "advanced" and technical. In Indic thought, the reverse is believed to be happening, which is where I stand. This results from, it is thought, a lack of Inner Sciences in Western civilization. The danger is when technology continues to expand and progress with no commensurate growth in the awareness of inner science among the average individuals, meaning cave people fall into control of technology and weaponry they have no business handling until they can develop a sufficient level of mental maturity that allows for responsible management of such knowledge. Also, in Indic thought, it is believed that humankind is degrading as a result of corruption of the body and mind, as we have lost skills, both physical and mental that we are no longer capable of doing. See, the more technology we develop, the less dependable we become on our abilities and skills, and the more dependent we become on the technology.

Edit: I knew that there had to be immediate repercussions from deciding to allow criminal elements to inhabit such public places knowingly.

Edit again: Now, I know to cut over to I-45 to head towards Conroe for the summer when I leave Scarborough festival after closing on Monday the 25th.

now about 1,000 weapons were recovered.... wow!

Viewed a slideshow of all that were arrested...one was a former Cop or a Detective....:giggle:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/05/biker_gang_investigator_expect.html#incart_river

I don't see bikers as bad - there are two different groups - criminal and non-criminal.

Some bikers out here got together to raise money for wounded vet , they do this every year. I got stuck in one ride trying to go home from my daughter's . Traffic was held up for over a hour , there was nothing on the news that there the streets were going to shut down. There was over a thousands bikers , people were coming out of their houses from all over the neighborhood. It was a peaceful event but I sure wish I had know about it , I had to go back to my daughter and wait for it to be over . The bikers once rode to raise money for homeless pets too.

And a lot of Bikers raise $$ for Toys for Tots....there are some good guys...the hard-core Bikers give them all a bad name it seems.

And a lot of Bikers raise $$ for Toys for Tots....there are some good guys...the hard-core Bikers give them all a bad name it seems.

it's for public relation purpose. very old classic ploy to get the locals to respect and support them so that they won't cooperate with cops to take them away.

this same tactic is used by ruthless drug gangs in Brazil slums. they open up clinics, schools, etc. for the locals and in return, the locals keep their mouths shut and act as their informants/watchdogs. that is the only way to keep those facilities open and running.

Yeah , there good and bad bikers . I met some down town when I had Finlay , one of guy saw Finlay 'hearing dog ' vest and started talking to and telling me his g/f was deaf . We spoke for a few minutes one of they guys had his cat with him. They were on a ride to help homeless pets and they ride in funerals for vets to help keep the crazy protesters away .

Many motorcycle clubs have been around since the late 1930's. Most after WW II. The 1 percent groups are proud to be called "outlaws" and are usually involved in criminal activity to fund their lifestyle.

There are more good than bad clubs or riding groups in the US.

When you see a Toys for Tots run, you see bikers from all walks of life, doctors, lawyers, outlaws, couples, loners, all races, on sport bikes or cruisers. I have ridden in them. Even outlaws bikers put aside their differences for things like this.

Fights like Waco happen infrequently, but when they do, they make headlines. The best thing to do is keep your distance when you see them around.

All each club is seeking is respect for their way of life. Dissing or turning your back on one biker will invite retribution.

Boy! I am sure glad I went to Phoenix in March!!! Nothing exciting ever happens to me ...

Both of my current employers <a couple> are riders; a cousin rode when we knew of him many years ago. I know many in dog and specifically Rottie and pit bull-related who ride and do a lot for many causes.
I went to a Harley party at a bike dealership near my house a few years back, it was fun and clean....
Sad to see the small minority doing this, know it's not new...

I feel that it is just the media and the police are scared of the bikers. This stories are kind way out of my league when discussing how many bikers like over one hundred bikers were being arrested by police. I could not believe that they have that many weapons especially firearms. I don't know what to believe or not to believe. It is hard to swallow all this news.

Waco was famous to have crimes like years ago. I forget about the Cult that threatened the FBI and police officers back then. My mind is not working for me.

Anyway, I am confused about what the police officers were doing to the bikers clubs. I don't know what to believe or not. Something is fishy on these news. :confused:

this is what I got from Waco Police Department's FB -
Weapons Count Update
I have asked the Crime Scene Supervisor to give me a more firm count of weapons discovered from the Twin Peaks Restaurant so far. The first number I gave this morning was a best guess estimate from looking at the overall crime scene and was over estimated. My apologies for the confusion and I should have waited to release a more specific count not estimate.

The crime scene officers specifically stopped at my request to count weapons and have now been able to determine that count and it is 318 and still counting. We do expect the numbers to continue to rise. Please understand this is an extremely complex crime scene and they specifically took the time out to be able to give me a more accurate account late this afternoon. Those weapons include clubs, knifes, brass knuckles, firearms, and chains with padlocks attached to them intended and used as weapons.

The earlier estimate was an attempt to give me a count and it was initially believed the number was higher than we now know. We stand corrected at 318 and counting, with the crime scene still being processed. The weapons appear to have been discarded as Officers arrived and some hastily hidden. The have been found in sacks of chips, stuffed between bags of flour, stuffed into the bench seating, hidden in shelves, thrown into trash cans, placed in the kitchen stoves, discarded on floors and even so far as to attempt to flush a handgun down a commode. An Ak-47 was found in a vehicle parked in the parking lot as well as body armor.

Weapon breakdown so far is this:
118 Handguns
1 Ak-47
157 Knives
43 others

I will continue to provide you with the most accurate information not estimates as we progress thru this incident.

I heard the Waco court will not able to prosecute all of those bikers due to financial problem. I wonder how many bikers they will force to release them. Perhaps they could transfer them to the other city, so they could be prosecuted. Beat me.

I just stay away from dangerous bikers. Saw Hells Angels group on the freeway sometimes in California.

it's for public relation purpose. very old classic ploy to get the locals to respect and support them so that they won't cooperate with cops to take them away.

this same tactic is used by ruthless drug gangs in Brazil slums. they open up clinics, schools, etc. for the locals and in return, the locals keep their mouths shut and act as their informants/watchdogs. that is the only way to keep those facilities open and running.

I do respect ur opinion...but my sister and her hubby rode Harley's, were not in a gang...just rode with others to raise $$ for Toys for Tots....They did this for years. And quite a few bikers worked with me also...good guys.

I do respect ur opinion...but my sister and her hubby rode Harley's, were not in a gang...just rode with others to raise $$ for Toys for Tots....They did this for years. And quite a few bikers worked with me also...good guys.

I'm sorry but when a person joins a gang notorious for very violent criminal elements... there's nothing that can redeem them as "good guy". it's a pathetic excuse to make them feel good about themselves for doing terrible things they do for their gangs - kidnapping, extortion, murder, prostitution, drugs, etc.

you know what everybody said about somebody they know who have committed a terrible crime? "but... but.... but.... he's a good guy... wouldn't hurt a fly....." yak yak yak.

do you think a member of a violent, dangerous biker gang is just having fun riding around and bbq'ing on weekend with folks? :roll:

you know who good guys are? BACA. how can you say a member of violent biker gang is a good person? that's just ridiculous.

so....
This has been some great misinformation. Now we know...
All who were shot, were shot by the police
All who were killed were killed by the police.
The video by the associated press only shows one biker firing one shot beforehe runs inside.
The thread title is misleading
It shouLd be
Bikers gunned down in police turkey shoot.......which is what this was...
and the cops have the gull to conplain there may be retaliation!!!
Meh
You sow the wind, reap the whirlwind....they sign...
Where all those gunned down armed?
Thats my question. Considering we have the answer to my other one how many were killed by cops how many killed by police...
This was NOT a biker brawl turned deadly by biker on biker violence it was the cops gunning dudes down in a barrel...
Interesting times ahead for waco pd...

My parents rode motorcycles during the 1940's-1950's. My dad had an Indian Chief. He looked like the typical biker of that era. They rode from CT to FL on their honeymoon. They were members of a local club but not a gang. No colors or rockers. I have pictures of me as a baby and toddler attending club events, such as races and annual Christmas party.

My brother in CT rides a motorcycle. He is not a joiner. He either rides alone or with one or two friends.

Our pastor friend in Nevada rides those wide open spaces. He's not a club or gang member.

I could list many examples of other friends and family members.

TCS and I are members of the Patriot Guard Riders. It is not a motorcycle club or gang. We have a logo for PGR but not colors or rockers. We have enough sense not to ride into a place where clubs hang out. We participate in military funerals, fund raisers, and patriotic events, not as a side "cover" but as a main interest. PGR members are not allowed to wear club colors to any PGR events. Our number one rule is don't be confrontational.

The outlaw one-percenters are just that--a small percentage of motorcycle riders, not the majority. They just happen to be more visible and newsworthy than the average biker.

My parents rode motorcycles during the 1940's-1950's. My dad had an Indian Chief. He looked like the typical biker of that era. They rode from CT to FL on their honeymoon. They were members of a local club but not a gang. No colors or rockers. I have pictures of me as a baby and toddler attending club events, such as races and annual Christmas party.

My brother in CT rides a motorcycle. He is not a joiner. He either rides alone or with one or two friends.

Our pastor friend in Nevada rides those wide open spaces. He's not a club or gang member.

I could list many examples of other friends and family members.

TCS and I are members of the Patriot Guard Riders. It is not a motorcycle club or gang. We have a logo for PGR but not colors or rockers. We have enough sense not to ride into a place where clubs hang out. We participate in military funerals, fund raisers, and patriotic events, not as a side "cover" but as a main interest. PGR members are not allowed to wear club colors to any PGR events. Our number one rule is don't be confrontational.

The outlaw one-percenters are just that--a small percentage of motorcycle riders, not the majority. They just happen to be more visible and newsworthy than the average biker.

Well your stating the obvious...after all they claim and are proud to wear the 1 % diamond..
Clearly 1% means minority..to anyone with

A grade 2 grasp of math...
They come by it honesty,they flash it and do not hold it a secret...
Their life isnt for everyone, its only for the small minority
The 1%

Back