Moving to washington state......

deafannieboo

Reaction score
HEY GUYS. LOOKS LIKE IM MOVING FROM DEL RIO, TX. TO SOUTH WEST WASHINGTON STATE BY THE COAST THIS WEEK. WOW WHAT A CHANGE IT WILL BE!!! JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPORT ABOUT THE UNPROFESSIONAL DOCTOR SITUATION AND EVERYONE BEING SO HELPFUL. IT MAY BE A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE I GET TO CHAT WITH EVERYONE TILL I GET SETTLED SOME THERE. SO ANYWAY THATS THE NEWS WITH ME FOR NOW. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES HELP AND INPUT.
ILL KEEP UPDATES GOING AS I CAN.:wave:

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest and hope your move will be a good one! :)

Ah! Welcome to the Evergreen State, where if it hasn't flooded yet... its just a drizzle! Hope the move goes well for ya :D

HEY GUYS. LOOKS LIKE IM MOVING FROM DEL RIO, TX. TO SOUTH WEST WASHINGTON STATE BY THE COAST THIS WEEK. WOW WHAT A CHANGE IT WILL BE!!! JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPORT ABOUT THE UNPROFESSIONAL DOCTOR SITUATION AND EVERYONE BEING SO HELPFUL. IT MAY BE A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE I GET TO CHAT WITH EVERYONE TILL I GET SETTLED SOME THERE. SO ANYWAY THATS THE NEWS WITH ME FOR NOW. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES HELP AND INPUT.
ILL KEEP UPDATES GOING AS I CAN.:wave:

turn the cap off, please.. its look like you are screaming..

I lived in Washington State for 5 years (1976-81). Grew up in Northeast of USA (NYC -DC).

First years in Seattle, I felt something miss one season. My experience to have 4 season in Northeast of USA. Most bother me that I feel something miss on season - not sure which miss one season from fall or winter or spring season. During late august to late winter season, almost everyday cloud. It was very light rain as on/off. Big different from norttheast - pour rain, tropic storm and thunderstorm. Everyday cloud made me feel blue mood because lack of sun light. Sometime, I saw beautiful blue sky. Most beautiful to view mountains. Most time, temp is upper 40's or lower 50's but with humid made me feel "colder" as lower 30's or upper 20's. Not like Northeast of USA, feel right temp at middle 30's or lower 40's.

I love late spring to summer time in Seattle/Northwest because almost no humid. Not really need to use Air Condition. Feel good with this weather condition better than Northeast of USA. I never like heatwave, higher humid season. Most time, upper 70's in high.

I never forget what happen on May 18, 1980. Big erupted from Mt St Helen. I was there.

June 1981, I moved to east coast. I drove out of Washington State's border made me cried. Not know when I will come back. Still not visit Washington State since I left.

What is my most enjoy in Washinton State - water sport (windsurfing and swim long distance from Bellevue or Seattle to Mercer Island) and ski at mountain. Learn Rodeo at Tri-Cities (Richland).

What I dislike - feel blue mood with higher humid in fall/winter season, deaf at bar, stab on back, they think I am gay or Bi.

I was there in Seattle, Washington for two years of Seattle Central Community College in 1973-1975, not graduate. The College had a Deaf program which I was very happy. It was a culture shock in the northwest city of Seattle. I am not use to the city life and I like it okay. I hope you have a good move to Washington. I hope you can still post when you get settled down in your new environment. Just don't disappear forever. Good luck. :lol:

Good luck with your move! Wish the best for you.

As for the caps... Perhaps she was excited and shouting!

Nothing wrong with that. It is not something she does all the time.

Had some relatives in Kelso/ Longview area. SW Washington is the bomb. I remember a couple times camping roundabouts there a couple times when I was young. Good Luck and have fun. Moving is never a walk in the park. Blah to the packing and moving.

Good luck with your move! Wish the best for you.

As for the caps... Perhaps she was excited and shouting!

Nothing wrong with that. It is not something she does all the time.

I concur...it is not a big deal to have the caps on when making an announcement.

Anyways, I am excited for YOU!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Good luck with the move. I know what you mean about the time to get internet going after the move. I just recently (6/1) moved from easter Missouri to South Florida. It was like returning home since we went from the same town in Florida to Missouri (central) just 13 years ago. I'm glad to be back!!

May you have a safe trip and enjoy your new place. May the weather be good to you for the trip and unloading of the moving truck. (we had rain, rain and more rain for the drive and 3 weeks after getting here).

thank you all

Welp I survived the move. i left most of my belongings in Texas, so at some point ill have to make a trip back. yeah the weather difference is crazy. it was 108 the day i left texasd and its been in 70 in Winlock WA. doug spoke of kelso WA, i went there yesterday. they have a vocational rehab center for the deaf. where im living in Winlock is only like 40 min. from kelso and longview. ill be going to school in centralia. i was told about the community college in Seattle. i just dont think this texan can handle that town! hehe.

i just wanted to thatnk you all for teh wonderfull support. im greatful. ill continue to stay in contact. soo, who all lives near me?

ill keep in touch! oh and sorry to shout i was sooo excited!

hugs,
annie

You are less than 3 hours from Olympic Nat'l Park! I am sure that you can see Mt. Rainier as well. I really liked it out there. Lots of amazing parks within a few hours.

yes i can see both mt st helens and mt rainer from the road out from house to interstate 5. im bout hr from teh coast and 25 min from the lake and 40 min from rainer and less than hr from helens. im in perfect spot!!!!! i love it here! im sooo happy.

Back