Motorcycle Riders here?

I'm a HD biker as well and I look forward to riding on FXR again.

To anyone who has motorcycle license, is it hard to ride the motorcycle like balance, weather, and speed? I've been told it is very dangerous to drive on the freeway. Is motorcycle has more accident rate than car?

It's not difficult to ride a motorcycle. It feels like riding a bicycle with a motor. If you're curious, just play with motor cross bikes in the country, before you invest in a racing machine.

I only had one spill on the motorcycle. I turned to quickly into a parking lot and fell sideways, ripped my jeans, got a few scratches. It was a minor occurrence. Still, I'm glad I have those biker days in my memory brain database. Wouldn't give it up for anything.

I dropped my bike 2 other times while parked in mud. Live and learn I say. It's not advisable to ride in rain or snow. I always followed the speed limit and never encountered problems traveling with traffic.

Heh...I've been told I am a natural comedian, I think. heh

To anyone who has motorcycle license, is it hard to ride the motorcycle like balance, weather, and speed? I've been told it is very dangerous to drive on the freeway. Is motorcycle has more accident rate than car?

Animal lover, I think ghsh1996 doesn't like the motorcycle because it's dangerous. Correct me if I'm mistake from your opinion, ghsh1996.
No it is not hard to get Motocycle Lic and not hard to ride the motorcycle as you ride bicycle. but it running with motor. If you know how to shift 5 speed cars, then you will learn fast how to use your feet on shift 6 speed. its so fun more than shift 5 speed car! just using your own common sense and judgment!

i tell you its not hard get motorcycle lic and not hard ride motorcycle.. but you might can't afford to pay motorcycle's part. motorcycle's parts are the friggin expensive $$$$$ than cars's parts, did you know that??

No true it isnt very dangerous to drive on freeway.. you must avoid from the big truck, big rv, and even trucks an jusy pass by them. they will hardly see where you spot. Once in my life I almost crash the stupid BIG RV, he did not see where I am in spot.. he tried to change another lane where I was in lane where he did not see me.. i was like what the f#@k with the stupid driver same time i brake hard til got near by rv as almost crash.. but i was not fear what happen, i just mad and curse at the idiot driver.

ONE THING of what i suggest you to get scooter for beginners. scooter is enjoy and FUN!! but grow your skill and experinces then upgrade from scooter to real bike.. that what I did..

Outlaw Biker and proud of it!

Well, this is one relay operator that loves to ride. ( Currently I do not own a motorcycle and am not riding) but I grew up around bIkers and bikes. My father rode with the Vietnam Veteran "Booze Fighters" and I have been a member of the Pagan Club at one time. Today, I got my hair cut short and most of my tattoos are under my shirt ,but I am a freedom loving, free spirited outlaw at heart to my core and soul. I have been to the big bike festival in the Black Hills of South Dakota ( Sturgis) and would have to say that while there are alot of us still around, alot of today's bikers do not fit into our old category (Doctors, Lawyers and Professional People that just want to get a taste of living a bit wild). Biker to me is a way of life and I feel about it the way that alot of people would say about the Marines " The Few, The Proud and The Brave". I have partied with the Hell's Angels, fist fought the Midnight Ramblers and earned every tattoo that I have. Proud to be an outlaw, proud to be a biker.

Been there and done that! My first bike is really Honda Scooter, whats nice about this is this one gives me approximately 70 miles to a gallon! Whats more this scooter has automatic transmission so no need to shift gears. I don't know if they still makes this or not. Now I am riding on huge touring bike which is not good for beginner because it is DAMN heavy to handle but rides very light!

ONE THING of what i suggest you to get scooter for beginners. scooter is enjoy and FUN!! but grow your skill and experinces then upgrade from scooter to real bike.. that what I did..

i've got a family of bikers... just about every man in my family has a Harley Davison bike... so I grew up around them... but personally, I wouldn't ride them, only hang on to someone who is riding them :) That's just me :)

With warmer weather yesterday, there definitely were quite a few riders out on the road...but that'll change quickly as we're expecting falling tempteratures by this Friday and possibly snow on Saturday. :ugh3:

As for riding or having one, I don't have one, however, when I was younger, I dreamed of having one until the day my uncle had me hopped behind him on his bike...as he took off, I fell off of it, getting all scraped up...naturally, my mom was in a frenzy fit-- :lol: There are times I wouldn't mind having one and there are times I don't. Now, I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind having one someday...go for an easy ride out in the countryside, taking in the scenery, etc.,.... :cool:

~RR

LOL Are you goin' to ride on it after the weddin' on the way out ? See, if the wings can fly in the wind ? :)

Harley rider here too

Biker chick here too , been harley rider on and off over 20 years ........nice to meet you hailstorm

Sold my last bike about 3 years ago, a Honda CB750 F1 (1976). Had it for about 7 years.

First bike was a Jawa 250, then a Yamaha CT175 dirt/road. Moved onto a Suzuki TS500. Last bike in NZ was a BSA A65 Lighting (1969).

In Oz I've had a Kawasaki 500 triple (the dreaded Mach III) I used to ride like a demon back then, still wonder how I survived......

I used to ride my mate's Z900 a fair bit as well. Then I bought a Yamaha TX500, and moved onto a Yamaha XS650 Midnight Special . Gave up riding after that for about 12 years and on an impulse took on the F1.

Bikes no longer suit my purposes any more.

I think I qualify as a biker. Here are a couple pix
JAWASLID.JPG

WITECITY.JPG

I use to ride a motorbike when I was a teenager on my parent's farm. Does that count? It was a honda trailbike 185 and I love it. It was one of my greatest memory riding around on a farm to roustabout the sheep and to enjoy riding with the wind blowing through my hair & face. I do miss it. I must admit that I admires the Harleys. My brother has 2 world war veteran 1942 US army harleys, one that he rides and other one, he is doing it up from the ground.

i had two motorcycle one was Yahama YRS I cannot remmeber what year another one was 1994 Honda Shadow. both bikes sold. I will get another one soon ;)

Back