Motorcycle get high emission than car.

This is my thinking too, these 2 stroke has much higher RPM which cause faster wear and tear on em.

Did you know that two cycles are short live than four cycles and 2 cycles are poor fuel efficiently and poor oil efficiently than four cycles?

Get John Deere! My John Deere L120 with OHV is 22 hp! I thought you love OHV. :hmm:

want more torque?, get 4 stroke

Read my comment in blue

I had weed eater with 2 cycles and it's won't start after around 2 years old and I removed exhaust ports and muffler even replaced the new spark plug. (spark is okay) then tried to start and no luck. Fuck it then we using electric weed eater with two batteries and we love it so much and no more refill, no maintenance, no pull, and very light weight.

Same issue I had, never longer than 2 years

I just found it something interesting about gasoline (or it is diesel since it's glowplug but it dont make sense to me) I know my friend who dirt motorcycle racing and it's gasoline only. that 4 is better than 2 for high rpm, more HP and more torque . Is it true? I don't know.

From my understand, the higher HP you get, the lower torque you get. Since 2 stroke can go higher RPM, meaning more horses but less torque.

The worst 2 stroke I had was from craftsman, when I use their weed whackers, first 20 minutes of using em, the muffler, and other engine parts actually fall apart! So I return to Sears with this POS and had replaced it, it only last an hour then they fall apart too! I was like WTF? Fuck em, got weed whacker had it for 2 years, after that never start again. Fuk em and finally got 4 stroke weed whacker by Troy-bilt about 6 years ago and it STILL works fine. Only problem is stupid attachment for strings which occasionally get stuck.

I had weed eater with 2 cycles and it's won't start after around 2 years old and I removed exhaust ports and muffler even replaced the new spark plug. (spark is okay) then tried to start and no luck. Fuck it then we using electric weed eater with two batteries and we love it so much and no more refill, no maintenance, no pull, and very light weight.

Also we had snow blower with 2 cycles and it's died to me after 5 years. So We got snow blower with 4 cycles and I am very happy with it. I don't mind about heavy.

Yes, 2 cycles is short life to me. Remember my area is -20F to 105F.

I just google for prove that 2 cycles is short life.

What is the Difference Between a Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engine?

Difference Between Four Stroke and Two Stroke Engines | Difference Between

I just found it something interesting about gasoline (or it is diesel since it's glowplug but it dont make sense to me) I know my friend who dirt motorcycle racing and it's gasoline only. that 4 is better than 2 for high rpm, more HP and more torque . Is it true? I don't know.

Faceoff: Two Strokes vs Four Strokes :: Two Stroke Motocross

2stroke-4strokegif.gif

I am not sure that twostrokemotocross.com is TRUE or not.

Were the snow blower with 2 stroke engine,died after 5 year operation?

Read "Difference Between Four Stroke and Two Stroke Engines in your post again. I think you read it fast. Read it again...

Look at the engine sizes of two dirty bikes. Which is the large engine in the dirty bike? You will see why.

This is my thinking too, these 2 stroke has much higher RPM which cause faster wear and tear on em.

I remembered I had a go kart with a McCulloch, very high RPM probably hit 14,000 RPM with full WOT. I used to tuning the A/F mixture screws in a big carburetor (kart carb) to obtaining good high RPM peak while WOT on the flat surface.

Read my comment in blue

The worst 2 stroke I had was from craftsman, when I use their weed whackers, first 20 minutes of using em, the muffler, and other engine parts actually fall apart! So I return to Sears with this POS and had replaced it, it only last an hour then they fall apart too! I was like WTF? Fuck em, got weed whacker had it for 2 years, after that never start again. Fuk em and finally got 4 stroke weed whacker by Troy-bilt about 6 years ago and it STILL works fine. Only problem is stupid attachment for strings which occasionally get stuck.

I never buy anything from Sears, Home Depot or Lowes. Best 2 stroke engines is buy them at the lawnmower shop where they sell the commercial equipments. Expensive.

Even thats true, but problem is I don't need that often as commercial does.

I never buy anything from Sears, Home Depot or Lowes. Best 2 stroke engines is buy them at the lawnmower shop where they sell the commercial equipments. Expensive.

Wait, I looked at the RPM comparison, I think the opposite is true. This chart may not be accurate. Whoever does this chart comparison isn't researching enough, glow plug? That belongs to Diesel not gas, since gas need spark plugs not glow plug.

Wait, I looked at the RPM comparison, I think the opposite is true. This chart may not be accurate. Whoever does this chart comparison isn't researching enough, glow plug? That belongs to Diesel not gas, since gas need spark plugs not glow plug.
My dad's model airplane motors had glow plug and they were not diesel. Not gas either. :hmm:

Were the snow blower with 2 stroke engine,died after 5 year operation?

Read "Difference Between Four Stroke and Two Stroke Engines in your post again. I think you read it fast. Read it again...

Look at the engine sizes of two dirty bikes. Which is the large engine in the dirty bike? You will see why.

:confused: I know 450cc and 250cc and what your point is?

YEAH! John Deere is best brand ever and it's from Lowes. Do you have problem with Lowes? :ugh3:

Lowes is better than Home Deport BTW.

Rule number one. NEVER buy expensive tools without read customer review. It's easy to find anywhere like Lowes, harborfreight, etc.

True story, I bought the CF LED light Rechargeable for $19 from black Fridays then I used it for 4 months and no problem so far. I love it already. One student told me that his friend bought brand new LED Rechargeable for $100 or something from Snap-on and it's stop works after 2 days (I said i know it's stupid question but did he recharge it? and he said he did for overnight and no light)

So CF LED light Rechargeable got good reviews.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...SKIP_LEVEL&prop17=craftsman 73904#reviewsWrap

Yes, I learned my lesson that I bought the CF torque wrench from Sears and it's stop works (won't click) after 4 months WITHOUT read customer review. My friend borrow it from mine and he used it for spark plug then destroy spark plug and stuck inside at college's car. Lucky, We removed it with right tool.

It's got bad review. (ugh)
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944026000P?prdNo=25&blockNo=25&blockType=G25#reviewsWrap

It was $30 or something for 1/2" that time. So fucked it and I bought brand new from matco tools and I used it a LOT for diesel motor at 110 lb ft for header from 12L I6 motor, 20-30 lb ft for oil pan, etc. No problem for over 1 year. I love Matco tools already.

So all depend on model and brand is not always 100% trust. Like Ford windstar and Ford Focus with auto are SUCK. That's mean Ford sucks? NO. It's depend on model. Looks at Ford F-250 and it's better than Chevy 2500 for diesel fuel system and strong frame body. At a point. I have no problem with electric parts from Sears and John Deere and electric weed eater from Lowes.

Problem is most commercial do not have customer review.

Last edited:

I said
I am not sure that twostrokemotocross.com is TRUE or not.

Faceoff: Two Strokes vs Four Strokes :: Two Stroke Motocross

Go there again and Go down page till see comments.
Too many comments made negative about not correct info

Like that.

Interesting, I thought glow plugs were only used on diesels…

Torque and horsepower are waaaaaay wrong. It would be nice for those who don’t know or for “the followers” to see the actual comparable numbers. And glow plug?

One thing the masses don’t know and no one who’s in defense of 4 strokes will tell anyone ( especially the 4 stroke crowd ) is that the 4 stroke racers in mx/sx and now GP racing are bikes are to the Nth degree of their lives, literally. Meaning their life for racing purposes is very, very short. One can see evidence of this in the big 4′s smaller street bikes that use the same engine design. The engines that are used for the street bikes make about 1/2 the horsepower and torque of their racing cousins. If their engines were the same as the racers, the rider would as one magazine put it “have to rebuild his engine every other weekend if he had an mx engine”. Does anyone see where I am going with this?

My point is, we compare 4 strokes and 2 strokes and no one ever realizes that we are comparing top of the line racing 4 strokes, the kind of engine that will only last a short time, against the mellow 2 stroke. This is why the 2 stroke mx/sx bikes we have and race will last so long. If we put the mellow 4 stroke engines in the racers and then compared these mellow 4 strokes ( the engines used in the co’s street bikes ) against the mellow 2 strokes, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation or these arguments. I mean come on, let’s pit the real racers against the other real racers, their best 4 strokes against our best 2 strokes. The last MotoGP 125 2 stroke racer made ( ready for this ) almost 60 horse at the wheel. The torque was a staggering 43 ft lbs. The last 250 2 stroke GP racer made ( another shocker ) almost 120 horsepower and 84 ft lbs. of torque. Granted, the racing 2 strokes shelf life was a short one ( a little longer than the 4 strokes and so much cheaper to rebuild ) but they should be compared in these lights.

Keep these numbers in mind the next time some follower spouts off about the extra 2 horsepower and 3 ft lbs of torque that their 4 stroke makes over the much smaller 2 stroke engine.

They can enchain me but, they cannot break my will, my faith, my belief or my countenance. The 2 stroke is so much better and those who look to kill them off, know it, it is just the followers who don’t. We cannot change the followers, they are way too lost. Somehow we need to get the 4 strokes to compete fairly and the results will stand for themselves.

There is just soo much wrong with this article. Glow plugs are only used on RC cars. The picture behind the 2-stroke is a SOHC 4-stroke. Why does the 4-stroke have cooling fins? Where is the camshaft(s) and cam chain? The 2-stroke is super old piston port. Modern 250 2-strokes make at least 50hp and 30lb-ft of torque. A good 250 should weigh 215lbs, not 227.

I didn't notice your comment. Sorry about it, at least im on same page as you are. ;)

There seems to be only two major positive for 2 stroke is that it can be in any position, and increase horses if one don't need torque.

Jet fuel?
Nitromethane, methanol, lube oil. That is what Google says.

The engine is very basic and functions similar to diesel (glow plug). I don't think they have valves. The burnt fuel exits through a hole in the side of the combustion chamber.

Sounded like 2 stroke diesel engine. They are very rare, and I don't see many.

I know diesel fuel isn't being used but its saying.

Nitromethane, methanol, lube oil. That is what Google says.

The engine is very basic and functions similar to diesel (glow plug). I don't think they have valves. The burnt fuel exits through a hole in the side of the combustion chamber.

Wrong info, stupid author... yup, they(glow plugs) are belonging to the diesel engines.

Back